IOS 7 location stamp on pictures taken?

Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So pictures you take are supposed to have a location tagged to them when your out and about taking pictures, but i cant see any location or options to view the location that a certain picture was taken?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Photos have always been geotagged.

In iOS 7, open the Photos app and press the Photos tab at the bottom left. Whether you're in Years, Collections or Moments (control this from the top left), you can press on the title to see the map.

So, say you go into Moments. You'll have a selection of photos and above it, a title that says something like 'London and Manchester' and a date range. If you press on that actual text rather than the photos, it'll bring up the map and the location of the photos.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went into photos and clicked photos at the bottom like you said, it brings up my photos and it does show one or two sets of pictures in different locations but on other sets it doesn't show any location, just the day/date.

For example I took two pictures in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago and all it says above is "Friday"? Hmmm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    I went into photos and clicked photos at the bottom like you said, it brings up my photos and it does show one or two sets of pictures in different locations but on other sets it doesn't show any location, just the day/date.

For example I took two pictures in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago and all it says above is "Friday"? Hmmm

Have you got location services switched on for photos?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you got location services switched on for photos?

I checked it and photos is not even in the list however "camera" is and it was turned off so I put that on, I guess that's probably the reason why. I really thought I had it turned on for everything.

Cheers mate ;)
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    So pictures you take are supposed to have a location tagged to them when your out and about taking pictures, but i cant see any location or options to view the location that a certain picture was taken?
    You need on of the (many!) EXIF apps to view the data tagging (including geotagging) attached to IOS photos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    You need on of the (many!) EXIF apps to view the data tagging (including geotagging) attached to IOS photos.

Cheers for that but the standard infomation that you get on the photos app is all I was after :)
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    BKM wrote: »

Or indeed, if you happen to have a Mac - double click on the photo in Finder to bring it up in Preview. Go to the Inspector and there is a GPS tab. When you click on that it brings the location up on a map.