Britney Album 8 Thread (News, Rumors etc)

rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
Forum Member
✭✭
Thought I would start a thread about Britney's next album.

She has confirmed that she is writing songs on this album and that it will be her most personal yet. She is working with people like Will.I.Am, William Orbit, Sia and Naughty Boy.

Latest news - Britney tweeted that the album could come sooner than we think and its for her die hard fans!

The twitter account for her dog also updated saying August is going to be a very exciting month!

Rumors flying round the net that the single drops on Aug 19th, which would be interesting considering Katy Perry and Gaga would be releasing around the same time.

I personally hope Britney brings it this era. She needs to promote promote promote espiecally in the UK. She also needs to sing live at least on some occassions and dance her ass off like she used to!

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Can't tell you how excited I am for this album! :D I hope it won't just be full of generic dance songs though. Any idea what the new single will be called?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really does need to promote like crazy, especially if she hopes to go up against Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. I'm not worried about the quality of her music, because going by what she's said I'm sure it will be great. She doesn't have the same level of current appeal to the general public that they do though so she really will need to put in the yards. If she does put her all into it though then I think she has a good chance of doing very well.
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't tell you how excited I am for this album! :D I hope it won't just be full of generic dance songs though. Any idea what the new single will be called?

No idea about single titles yet. Hopefully we hear some news soon.

The producers have said that the sound will be more hip hop/urban and Orbit said no autotune will be used. So I don't think it will be dance orientated at all. I can't wait.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hope the august 19th rumour is true!! Desperate to hear new stuff from Britney!!

All I hope from this era is great music and Britney to show enthusiasm and promote properly in the UK. With the new Hydro Arena opening up next month, im also hoping she comes to Scotland next year on tour!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So a guy on Popjustice who works in the music industry got speaking to someone at Sony and this is what they got:

- Britney started to meet with her management and record label at the very early X Factor stages to discuss album 8
    - They always planned a release in the 4th quarter of 2013
    - Promotion performances are supposedly going to happen in October. Britney will not only promote in the US, but also overseas (similar to how she did it with Circus)
    - There was some kind of mishap during the late recording processes of Femme Fatale, which made Britney so fed up that she didn't really care about the material anymore. This time she has full creative control (I'd reckon together with Will.I.Am) and her team is 100% behind her!
    - A lot of the songs that she's written or co-written originally for Femme Fatale are back in the pitch for album 8
    - Britney wrote a song together with her sister Jamie Lynn, but Jamie Lynn won't have a feature on the song. Just writing credits!
    - Will.I.Am has only submitted one song himself for the new album, which Britney already recorded. He's merely working as the executive producer and taking his job very seriously.
    - Britney already recorded 5-10 songs
    - She is working on material on her own in her home studio
    - She requested working with Sia and William Orbit herself. The Sia song is finished, aswell as two songs with William Orbit. She's going to record even more with him
    - The rumour that the first single is called "Feed the Wolves" is just a rumour. However, Brits team got wind of this rumour and ran the title past Britney. She loved the meaning of the title and it's now the working title for the new album! Britney and Will.I.Am. thought that it fits perfectly to the whole meaning of the new record in being very personal and exactly what people are wanting from Britney.
    - Britney and her team are very excited and confident about the new material
    - The first single is set to drop in September

- The Sia/Britney song is a melancholy midtempo
    - Britney pushed for "Ooh La La". Her management ran her the request to record a song for The Smurfs 2 Soundtrack and she loved the idea from the beginning. The record label adviced against it.
    - No A&R from RCA is involved - this solely relies on Will.I.Am.

www.popjustice.com/forum/threads/14216-General-Britney-Spears-Discussion?p=2708282&viewfull=1#post2708282

I'd take it with a pinch of salt but it is still exciting! :love:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im supper excited for this album, if there's one thing Britney can do its make incredible albums. The more I hear about the album the more excited I get. I'm hoping that the promo overseas is true it will be amazing to see her on the tv in U.K been to long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that stuff is true (and some if it has been pretty much confirmed) then it's shaping up to be a very exciting year. I really do hope the bit about the promo is true, it would be amazing if she promoted around the world again.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard a rumor that the new single was called "Throw Me To the Wolves", just saw it on twitter.
    Also, she uploaded a photo to her facebook titled "album 8 recipe"
    It said the recipe takes 1 and a half years.
    Underneath it says wait about a year for the recipe to be ready.

Femme Fatale was released in March 2011, a year and half from that is September 2012, "wait about a year", brings us up to September 2013.....which means we will probably get something next month!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151792093618234&set=a.79096253233.80143.39677118233&type=1&theater
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I heard a rumor that the new single was called "Throw Me To the Wolves", just saw it on twitter.
    Also, she uploaded a photo to her facebook titled "album 8 recipe"
    It said the recipe takes 1 and a half years.
    Underneath it says wait about a year for the recipe to be ready.

Femme Fatale was released in March 2011, a year and half from that is September 2012, "wait about a year", brings us up to September 2013.....which means we will probably get something next month!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151792093618234&set=a.79096253233.80143.39677118233&type=1&theater

fingers crossed!! :D
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excited. Her best two albums, 'Blackout' and 'In The Zone' both had Britney heavily involved in writing (ITZ) and selecting (BO) the material so good to know she is heavily involved in creating this album.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney rarely fails to deliver when it comes to her music that's one thing guaranteed therefore I'm sure the album is going to be a real treat especially as she's had so much involvement on it in regards to the writing and creative process... it's been touted as ''her most personal album ever''.

HOWEVER, where I do have concerns is whether or not she will actually commit herself to promoting the album extensively around the world. This is something she MUST do in order to reach out to a wider audience and help her reconnect with fans around the world. Britney's promotional campaign for Femme Fatale was almost non existent and it definitely reflected the sales for the album.... her lowest selling studio album to date. If she wants this album to be more successful then she will have to commit to a promotional tour which sees her participating in stage shows around the world.

So far Britney seems to be really hands on and passionate about album number 8 so I really hope she gets out there and travels with it. As a British fan I've seriously been disappointed in her lack of effort to come over here and do TV/radio etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the rumoured working title for the album "feed the wolves"
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the tweet for Sia about Britney's 'outstanding' vocals on the song they wrote together. Also Britney's reply saying it is the most emotional song she's recorded in a long time!! EXCITED TO HEAR IT!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Really can't wait for Britney's new album. I have always loved Britney's work. At least it isn't too long before we hear more news.
  • BeaconboofBeaconboof Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the eyes of the world are waiting for Britney's renaissance as a performer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's tweeted that she been at vocal coaching. Could we expect an acutal LIVE performance?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the single is called Werk Bitch, according to internet rumours. :confused:
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Really hoping Britney pulls it out of the bag with this new era.

Good promotion, GOOD performances. Hoping she is back to the best she can be, no more dead behind the eyes interviews.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    oohh sounds good :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Really hoping Britney pulls it out of the bag with this new era.

Good promotion, GOOD performances. Hoping she is back to the best she can be, no more dead behind the eyes interviews.

Me too. I want amazing promo campaigns, her personality to shine through again in interviews and for her to really dance again, have fire in her eyes and sing (even verses) live!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To call a single "Werk Bitch" is career suicide. I am rooting for Britney always, but this is nuts! Hope it's just a rumor :cry:
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Beaconboof wrote: »
    To call a single "Werk Bitch" is career suicide. I am rooting for Britney always, but this is nuts! Hope it's just a rumor :cry:

I wouldn't write it off until we've heard it. It might be just that - a rumour. It mightn't even be true. The title hasn't even been confirmed yet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a bit of a time of it recently...and so thankful i found the Original Doll songs on You Tube...well most of them..of course fan made compiled as it hasnt been released and i always think DAMN i so wish she released it...but i have a feeling album 8 is where we are headed with this...her raw vocals on the songs the productions where any could be released but are also so personal and touching.

Yeah i reall ythink and feel we are headed that way with album 8 :) definitely and i cannot wait....WERK i hope is a rumour and maybe something else entirely? "Will Everyone Really Know?" perhaps...maybe not initialisation ;) hehe. but with William Orbit, Naughty Boy, Blood Orange, Danja involved you cannot hope but think yeah this will smash it.

I hope that she takes every opportunity to promote....AMAs coming up...viral videos/campaigns online...the EMAs in the late autumn will be high profile to showcase the world where she is at...and of course we have Strictly, X Factor (shudders!), Jools Holland, Radio 1, Capital FM BBC News etc to perform, interview shwocase new amterial....Chatty Man, Norton, Wossy...all three even to make the most of and high profile interviews and time slots to perform...to make the album work...with rumours of December 3rd worldwide release....there are so many opportunities to take on for the album and singles and material :D....i just hope it shows BRITNEY off as the artist she is and can be :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney is so loved. People feel about her like they did Marilyn Monroe or Princess Diana. She's got something very magical that makes people feel alive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beaconboof wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's (well hoping) its just that a rumor. I'm not believing anything until it comes from her.