Online payment failed due to 3D authentication?

ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone know what that means?

I'm trying to make a payment online and it's failing and saying:

3D-Authentication failed. This vendor's rules require a successful 3D-Authentication.

What exactly is failing??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,664
    Forum Member
    ikkleosu wrote: »

3D-Authentication failed. This vendor's rules require a successful 3D-Authentication.

got this from yahoo answers so i dunno if its right but
    turn the card over so the signiture strip is facing you.
    on the strip (with your signiture) their is another number.

the last 3 Digits is your 3D authentication code.

its suposed to stop card cloneing.
  • MigsterMigster Posts: 4,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It sounds as though you are entering an incorrect password for Verified by Visa / MasterCard SecureCode (whichever applies).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is it the mastercard secure code?
    i only had to set this up last week and it kept telling me my details were wrong it turns out they were including the ms as part of my name
    something that never occurred to me as i always use miss where possible and since it asked for my name anyway i dont regard ms as part of my name
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is it the mastercard secure code?
    i only had to set this up last week and it kept telling me my details were wrong it turns out they were including the ms as part of my name
    something that never occurred to me as i always use miss where possible and since it asked for my name anyway i dont regard ms as part of my name

Hi, ta this was closest to what was happening. I hadn't entered "Mrs" on the previous page. I wish they'd give better clues to what info is incorrect.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, ta this was closest to what was happening. I hadn't entered "Mrs" on the previous page. I wish they'd give better clues to what info is incorrect.

"They" don't know what information is incorrect. When a card is processed all "they" get back is a successful transaction or a declined transaction.