Ipad Mini availability ?

Is stock due anywhere soon ? Apple website says "two weeks".

Comments

• sheppy124sheppy124 Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rizzler78 wrote: »

Been saying 2 weeks for over 4 weeks now, keep checking here thats how I got mine from sainsbury's or have a mooch around town.

http://www.ipad-stock.co.uk/

Tescos have the white 16gb in stock,
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Waits
  • 01tomki01tomki Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    just ordered my 32gb black & slate from Apple, 2 weeks to be shipped, Delivery date showing as 12 Dec, I went shopping round Manchester today and no one has them but someone in Apple said the Apple store was getting black ones on friday, i could of got one then but its my morning off and i don't fancy getting up and going into manchester first thing in the morning.

If you are planning to get one for xmas, get one online from apple in the next week otherwise it may be leaving it too late,

David
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Rizzler78 wrote: »
    My local HMV shop (Oxford) has, at least, ones on display. What their stock to buy is I don't know!
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    Waits

* Sits down next to Dan *

Projected delivery for my wifi+cellular one is currently 7th December.
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is bound to b deliveries of IPad Mini's to stores before Xmas
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Spoke to someone in Apple store in Belfast today and he advised me to order from Apple website, they have no stock and when it does come in it goes straight out again.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do shops have them on display? It seems you can't buy one ANYWHERE, everywhere sold out.
    Forum Member
    Do shops have them on display? It seems you can't buy one ANYWHERE, everywhere sold out.
    Try HMV who may have display one(s)!
  • 01tomki01tomki Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    if you need one the best way is to order direct from Apple online, or ring your local apple store and see if they have any (but this is unlikley), the other way to do it is go down to the Apple store first thing in the morning. Also ask a member of staff because they seem to know when they are getting any and they even know what colours they are likley to be getting.

As I have said in an earlier post, if you order online, its 2 weeks before its dispatched and then another week before its delivered, so if you need one before Xmas, order ASAP.

P.S, I also asked in Argos in Manchester, they said it would be the 17th of December before they will be getting any.

I hope this helps, mine isn't due for nearly 3 weeks
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered mine online last next from Apple (white iPad mini 16gb)
    2 wks before despatch
    If i happen to see oné in local retailers i will send the online oné back.
  • CubeGameCubeGame Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I presume that Apple are doing some rather clever stock control to drum up demand for this one. After all, it's definitely the worst product they've launched in years and even the fan boys are generally mocking it.
    Forum Member
    CubeGame wrote: »
    I presume that Apple are doing some rather clever stock control to drum up demand for this one. After all, it's definitely the worst product they've launched in years and even the fan boys are generally mocking it.
    Rather, and despite what you may personally wish as an obvious Apple sceptic!, it seems to proving IMMENSELY popular! Possibly to a lot of people surprise!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

,,,,,, lol:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well... Today I got to play with one for a bit along side the Nexus, which I was also considering, and I am now definitely going for the Mini. For me personally, the screen size and aspect ratio is much better on the Mini, the Nexus felt like a large mobile phone.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the availability of the ipad mini with wifi and cellular that I am waiting for.

There are stocks of the 32 and 64GB white and black wifi only versions available at Apple. We were told cellular would be available at the end of November,which it now is.

Anyone have any further info? I phoned Apple and they said the cellular versions sold via their website will be delivered around 18th December.....
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    it seems to proving IMMENSELY popular!

yeah just look at all the threads and posts on here discussing the mini.... ;)
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    yeah just look at all the threads and posts on here discussing the mini.... ;)

Might be better to look at sales figures.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    After all, it's definitely the worst product they've launched in years and even the fan boys are generally mocking it.

Not quite sure where you're getting your input from on this one. This particular fan boy has a Nexus 7 and an iPad Mini and in my opinion there is no contest (the latter in case you're wondering).
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    Might be better to look at sales figures.

funnily enough Apple didn't release them....(not separately anyway)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    funnily enough Apple didn't release them....(not separately anyway)

I'm sure we will soon get an idea of sells. I was just pointing out that discussion on this forum is no measure. I assume you think it is and therefore would expect nexus 7 to outsell iPad mini?
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    It's the availability of the ipad mini with wifi and cellular that I am waiting for.

There are stocks of the 32 and 64GB white and black wifi only versions available at Apple. We were told cellular would be available at the end of November,which it now is.

Anyone have any further info? I phoned Apple and they said the cellular versions sold via their website will be delivered around 18th December.....

I ordered the week they went on sale, and I've had notification that mine has shipped this morning. Expected delivery by 6th December. The Apple website now says 2 weeks, so you can expect delivery by mid December.
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried Apple Manchester, no joy said two weeks, tried my local PC World and their seperate Currys store, told to wait two weeks, called in PC World Tuesday still no stock, so finished up buying a full sized iPad, it's great.:D:D
  • Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member

And there is is. I knwew I wouldn't have to wait long.

Apple are currently fulfilling back orders and working through the list (as are the resellers.)

And, by the way, it's a cracking little device. I was hankering after a full sized iPad, but the mini is just more convenient to hold when reading a book for a long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    And there is is. I knwew I wouldn't have to wait long.

Apple are currently fulfilling back orders and working through the list (as are the resellers.)

And, by the way, it's a cracking little device. I was hankering after a full sized iPad, but the mini is just more convenient to hold when reading a book for a long time.

I would like someone to explain to me the business logic of this clever stock control to drum up demand!!

I can understand creating a fever prior to release but controlling stock after release does not seem like a sensible thing to do.