Your top 3 worst games this gen

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
Forum Member
✭✭
1 - Haze:
This has got to be one of the worst games I ever played. It was awful.

2 - Halo 3:
I really do not get the love for this series. Just felt like a clunky generic FPS to me and online everyone was just leaping about.

3 - GTA4:
Waited what seemed like an age for this and what a let down. The city is stunning but the characters, the story etc is complete crap.

Comments

• Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Aliens colonial marines. Gameplay is cack and the graphics look like they are for the old Xbox.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you wanting our opinion on what we think are the 3 worst games or the 3 games we were overly disappointed with?

Halo and gta are not bad games or no were near the worst games this gen, aliens on the other hand could be considered lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Didn't play Haze but there were far worse games this gen than either Halo 3 or GTA IV.

Pure Futbol (I couldn't even be bothered to check it's name - it's that bad) from Ubisoft.

Rogue Warrior (that awful game based in North Korea - a setting with so much potential).

NCIS - even earning the easiest platinum out there was scant compensation for sitting through such a terrible game.

GTA IV and Halo 3 weren't even the biggest disappointments this gen for me.

Fable 3 was imo.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bayonetta - Just DMC in a skirt, got bored quickly, never finished and took it back to shop on same day I bought it.

Call of Juarez: B.I.B. - Borrowed off a mate, got annoyed at the constant interruptions for gunfights, never finished it and gave it back.

GTA IV - The biggest let down, after the bar being raised from III to VC to SA. Great graphically and Liberty City has to be admired. But it just wasn't enjoyable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Resident Evil 6 is the only game i've hated this gen, i tend not to make a habit of buying poor games, but bought this based on the name and the fact that i enjoyed all of the previous games, then really wished i'd not bothered. Probably the worst buyers remorse i've ever had with a game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliens was truely shocking also sadly resi 6 has to be up there just not like the older games.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haze - Thankfully I only bought it because it was £3 and I wanted to play it co-op, it was awful. Its one redeeming feature was that the controls are completely remapable.

Kane & Lynch 2 - Bought because of the co-op mode, controllers are a mess, characters are awful and when you run it made me feel sick.

Fuel - Awful control and handling, and probably one of the worst concepts in gaming history.

I enjoyed GTA4, it might not have been as good as previous games in the series but it was still pretty good. Just because it didn't live up to the hype created doesn't mean its one of the worst games this generation.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Ignoring the numerous shovelware I've played which no-one expects to be good:

1) SSX - This was just horrible in every way imaginable.
    2) THPS HD - A shockingly bad remake.
    3) Duke Nukem Forever - Real shoddy.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007 Legends!
    Game of Thrones!
    Aliens: Colonial Marines!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. \metal Gear Solid- i wanted a game, not a big long cut scene with some gameplay thrown in.

2.. Duke Nukem....so bad it mustv been intentional

3. Joe danger 2...no where near as fun as the original
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTA4 one of the worst games this gen that is utterly Ridiculous
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two worlds and too human.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leisure suit larry box office bust - though to be fair i bought it because pretty much everything online was saying it's the worst game this generation and i wanted to see if they were right and they where

that'd be the worst to do a top three i'd need to look through my trophy list on PS3 and see what i've played, though i'd rather not relive the horrible memories

I do have to say though, a lot of people's choices i disagree with, they must only play the greatest triple A titles to think some of them are the WORST this generation

GTAIV critically acclaimed and fantastic
    007 legends average at the very worst
    Resident evil 6 was in my top three best for last year (though it is a biggest case of a marmite game i've ever seen)
    i could go on
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't tend to buy bad games.

Pro Evolution 2009 was an abomination on the PS3. Scrolling was even jerky. Since then its been ok.

Bit disappointed with the last Ninja Gaiden game.

Probably Fifa games should be in the list. Not because they are bad, but have bad bugs somewhere lurking usually.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rogue Warrior - it really was terrible although I wish I still owned it now.
    Secret Service- It should be good but it isnt.
    Velvet Assassin - Too hard I recall for a stealth game.

Deadly Premonition - Terrible game but would have been awesome if they didnt put in the zombie bits. It's worth a pick up!

Bioshock
    Dead Space
    MW3
    These are my worst games that everyone likes games.

Ive got Aliens Colonial Marines coming .... do I say yay ???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    1 - Two Worlds: Horrible graphics, bugs galore, appalling gameplay and categorically nothing good in the game whatsoever.

2 - Duke Nukem Forever: it took forever to make although why I can't fathom. Absolutely atrocious in almost every aspect and a game that, were I a developer, I would be ashamed of.

3 - Turok: Boring story, poor gameplay, pointless multiplayer component and no reason whatsoever for it to exist. I paid full price for the game when it came out, spent a few hours experiencing how terrible it was and never touched it again.

Honourable mention:

Lost: Via Domus: Being a huge Lost fan, this game excited me immeasurably but it was so lacklustre that I wish I had never bothered. Short, linear, restrictive and clunky do not a good game make, even for somebody obsessed with the show and willing to forgive certain shortcomings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I haven't bought any duff ones, so can't think of any

The children have a few I could not even be bothered to pick up - Lego games, Harry Potter, WallE

However GT5 was a disappointment. Mainly on 2 player and the lack of Nurburgring, which I loved in GT4 before the disc started to not read
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Worst would be something like Terminator: Salvation, Lost and King Kong.

Biggest disappointments;

I'm not sure about three, but Brink and Homefront would definitely be two of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final Fantasy 13 was a pretty huge let-down for me...over the years, the series has focused on visual aids as opposed to gameplay and storytelling + character development.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    Worst games I've played:
    Turning Point
    Shellshock 2
    Soldier of Fortune: Payback

Biggest disappointment:
    Brink
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The final fantasy with Lightning as the protagonist.....such a crap game.

fable III looked so promising and turned out to be a turd
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porc
    Epigone 2
    Her-a-Layas: Melding Sim
  • Linda_AndersonLinda_Anderson Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Call of duty modern warfare 2 - the length of the single player gameplay sucked immensely and was highly disappointing.

Damn, that sucks about alien colonial marines. I have that game but not started it yet.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive changed my mind. It's aliens:Colonial Marines......worst game Ive ever played !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duke Nukem
    Rage
    Max Payne