Should they go back to musical guest duets in the final?

Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
Forum Member
The last two series, where they've had the finalists collaborating with their mentors/the judges just didn't have the magic that, for example, Joe's duet with George Michael or Alexandra's duet with Beyonce had. Also, what would happen if Louis gets an act into the final?

I just think it creates more excitement seeing the acts being able to perform with their heroes.

Comments

• noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will have to, the only way they can't is if Nicole or Gary have more than one of the 3/4 finalists.

Sharon & Louis are not singers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Louis would probably have one of his bands on. I liked Joes duet and Alexandra's. Really stood out to me as good wining moments, it's not often an act can 'hold the stage' alongside the big names like George Michael or Beyonce and they managed it well, it shows acts as winners in their own light as well as on the same level as 'ready-made' celebrities. It's good.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've missed the big celebrity duets. The duets will have to return this year, because as someone mentioned above, half of the panel don't sing. The producers can't assume that Sharon and Louis won't have someone in the final, especially not Sharon. New judges do tend to do well with acts in terms of getting them to the final. So I think it's highly likely that the big duets will be back. Also, the ratings are considerably down, and that's another reason why I think the duets will be back. Big names in the final will attract higher ratings. And again, another reason as to why the duets will be back is because it seems as though the show is going back to how it was in the first series.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I've missed the big celebrity duets. The duets will have to return this year, because as someone mentioned above, half of the panel don't sing. The producers can't assume that Sharon and Louis won't have someone in the final, especially not Sharon. New judges do tend to do well with acts in terms of getting them to the final. So I think it's highly likely that the big duets will be back. Also, the ratings are considerably down, and that's another reason why I think the duets will be back. Big names in the final will attract higher ratings. And again, another reason as to why the duets will be back is because it seems as though the show is going back to how it was in the first series.

Not exactly. The duets, in my opinion, worked best in series 5 & 6. They need some names that will suit the acts.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like people have said,. they have to as Sharon and Louis cant sing [mind you neither can tulisa but that didn't stop her in 2011 with Little Mix lol]. I have always been sceptical about judges duets because I have always wondered what the x factor bosses would have done if Louis did have a act in the final. it would have been unfair if an act got a big name duetting with them and another act was stuck with bloody tulisa lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they have too as Sharon and Louis aren't singers they are managers.
    I didn't like the mentor duets at all it was all very tacky. I would rather the finalists got to sing with an artist that actually suits them, the acts they perform with don't all have to be huge bombastic global stars like Beyonce just as long as they are a credible artist or band with a respectable leave of success.
  • JumptheQueueJumptheQueue Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Yes definitely! I'd also like them to copy American idol in terms of that they only have 2 finalist but then all top 5 contestants get a guest Duet!
    Forum Member
    Yes definitely! I'd also like them to copy American idol in terms of that they only have 2 finalist but then all top 5 contestants get a guest Duet!

'Copying' AI isn't a good idea. They could take ideas though.
  • JumptheQueueJumptheQueue Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    'Copying' AI isn't a good idea. They could take ideas though.

Well copying/taking ideas thats what I meant lol :) you understood anyway :D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sharon and Louis would get one of their musical pals to do the duet, possibly whoever joins them at the Judges' Houses stage. For Louis that'd probably be a former Westlife member, whilst Sharon could bring along any young, current artist 'cause she's so down with the kids! :p
    Sharon and Louis cant sing [mind you neither can tulisa but that didn't stop her in 2011 with Little Mix lol]./QUOTE]

That amused me!
    Forum Member
    They had good opportunities in the last two series for the duets:

Marcus Collins / Cee Lo Green
    Little Mix / The Saturdays (?)
    Amelia Lily / Kelly Clarkson

Jahmene Douglas / Stevie Wonder
    James Arthur / Labrinth (?)
    Christopher Maloney / Christina Aguilera.

;)
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've missed the big celebrity duets. The duets will have to return this year, because as someone mentioned above, half of the panel don't sing. The producers can't assume that Sharon and Louis won't have someone in the final, especially not Sharon. New judges do tend to do well with acts in terms of getting them to the final. So I think it's highly likely that the big duets will be back. Also, the ratings are considerably down, and that's another reason why I think the duets will be back. Big names in the final will attract higher ratings. And again, another reason as to why the duets will be back is because it seems as though the show is going back to how it was in the first series

I can't remember duets in series 1 or 2...I think the first were Ray/Westlife and Leona/Take That :confused:
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I can't remember duets in series 1 or 2...I think the first were Ray/Westlife and Leona/Take That :confused:

I didn't mean the first series as in series 1, just the earlier series.
    Forum Member
    I didn't mean the first series as in series 1, just the earlier series.

Ah, that makes much more sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    They had good opportunities in the last two series for the duets:

Marcus Collins / Cee Lo Green
    Little Mix / The Saturdays (?)
    Amelia Lily / Kelly Clarkson

Jahmene Douglas / Stevie Wonder
    James Arthur / Labrinth (?)
    Christopher Maloney / Christina Aguilera.

;)

:D:eek::o