Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (9)

Comments

• MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far I'm liking the new gun. Can't say much about the maps because, even though I played most of last night, I only got to play one match on one of the new ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the double XP available on PS3 this weekend?
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's double weapon XP this weekend, and yeah it is.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I would try my hand at sniping again today. I don't recall Black Ops or MW sniping being so easy as it is in BO2. The DSR50 is ridiculous. :eek: It feels like cheating using it and I'm naff at sniping.

Tried all the new maps. I like them all expect for Mirage. It's hard for me to get into the main building if folks are guarding the stairs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    I find the The zombie Mode transit so hard maximum i can survive is up to LV: 16. :( and thats with 4 of us.

i can usually get further
    best bet is to get galvaknuckles , pap ak47u(power station gun) and either ray gun or the starting pistol pap'd...oh sticky grenades(town) and claymores(farm) are beast too

after around 10-12 stay to **** away from your team, they will just get you killed , never get on this bus(run everywhere)
    galvaknucks and perks are essential , any guns will do really as long as you pap them

...double tap(farm), speed cola(diner), staminup(town), and juggernog(town)

if some idiot puts the diner hatch on the bus either quit out or goto the shack for bowie knife

don.t bother with the jet gun, it sucks

and keep at least 2 walkers(not crawlers) at end of rounds so u can pap ,get ammo etc .....crawlers just die in the fog....train the walkers and stay close when running between towns.....oh learn where the shortcuts are

i usually stay at diner and build up about 5000 points then run to town using shortcut for juggernog/staminup, then run back for power and then to farm for double tap....only time i use bus is to get to diner from start....but make sure bus has ladders or you can get trapped at power station bit in battle
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Excuse my language, but what the f**k is wrong with people on this game today? I just played for about an hour. Every game i was lucky if i got 4 kills. The last game i went 2-4 and that was a full 8 or 9 minute match.

It was like my teammates and i were running around on the maps without any enemies in the game. I hardly bumped into a soul. I was checking to see if anyone had left, but no, full squads on both sides. It was like a game of hide and seek. No joke!

I hate the game atm. Total waste of time. I just spent an hour running around basically doing f**k all.

I fully agree. Most of the time I play this game I find it a complete waste of time. The teams are so unbalanced. Hardly any point in playing.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    I stopped playing a long time ago. BT Infinity- 65 meg down, 18 meg up. Choosing Best connection always puts me in French lobbies and 90% of games I get lag comped big time. 2013 and we still get sh*t connections that we shouldn't have to put up with.

For my MP fix I go back to MW3 where the connections are majority of the time decent these days and at least the guns sound meaty and all different.

Luckily for Treyarch I still play zombies which I enjoy otherwise I would have traded in long time ago.

Hopefully Respawn's next FPS will be the real deal to break the hold Activision have over us with their Call of Duty series.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    I find the The zombie Mode transit so hard maximum i can survive is up to LV: 16. :( and thats with 4 of us.

Which platform are you playing on. I'll add you if you're on PS3. Usually get to round 20 plus regularly. Storing points in the bank make getting jug and good guns easy.
  • TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never has the present Call of Duty thread been so low!

I can't wait till GTA5 comes out, that will keep me happy for a few years, bye to COD for a while.

But until the final quarter of the year, I'll have to preserver with Black Ops 2, having bought the season pass.

Trying to get Diamond camo is killing me. Two prestiges of only using Assault Rifles, and my K/D has dropped drastically. But now when I try to use SMGs, my aim is all over the place!
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think i'm going to shelve this game, i get bored after 10 minuets of playing it and have had zero enjoyment for a while now. I seem to be playing it for the sake of it, i'll probably get slated and waved "goodbye" but after the past few COD,MW etc... games, i'll not buy another one as it's not for me anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never has the present Call of Duty thread been so low!

I can't wait till GTA5 comes out, that will keep me happy for a few years, bye to COD for a while.

But until the final quarter of the year, I'll have to preserver with Black Ops 2, having bought the season pass.

Trying to get Diamond camo is killing me. Two prestiges of only using Assault Rifles, and my K/D has dropped drastically. But now when I try to use SMGs, my aim is all over the place!
    Switch to hardcore.

I did. Fun resumed and I got a lot more headshots. Was getting Diamond within one prestige.

Played the campaign yesterday, pretty decent, loved the nightclub mission!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly IS the problem with Blops 2 ?. Why do people dislike it so much ?. The problem I have with it is that I can empty an entire clip into an opponent just for them to fire, what seems to be 2 or 3 shots and I die instantly. it seems to happen to me quite a lot and gets to the point where I think, why the hell do I even bother playing this game :(

it's like opponents get the drop on me nearly every time
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly IS the problem with Blops 2 ?. Why do people dislike it so much ?. The problem I have with it is that I can empty an entire clip into an opponent just for them to fire, what seems to be 2 or 3 shots and I die instantly. it seems to happen to me quite a lot and gets to the point where I think, why the hell do I even bother playing this game :(

it's like opponents get the drop on me nearly every time

Its lag compensation. The game (all online games really) tries to balance the internet connections so they are all roughly the same. So say on MW2 you had an excellent connection with a low ping, and I had a terrible connection with high ping. Well the game (all games) will try to delay you ever so slightly to give me a chance. Well on BLOPS 2 Treyarch messed up the numbers so badly now if you have a good connection you are delayed far too much. Making it seem like you are up to a second behind at times.

That is it in a nutshell
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its lag compensation. The game (all online games really) tries to balance the internet connections so they are all roughly the same. So say on MW2 you had an excellent connection with a low ping, and I had a terrible connection with high ping. Well the game (all games) will try to delay you ever so slightly to give me a chance. Well on BLOPS 2 Treyarch messed up the numbers so badly now if you have a good connection you are far delayed too much. Making it seem like you are up to a second behind at times.

That is it in a nutshell
    Can't they change the numbers easily?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its lag compensation. The game (all online games really) tries to balance the internet connections so they are all roughly the same. So say on MW2 you had an excellent connection with a low ping, and I had a terrible connection with high ping. Well the game (all games) will try to delay you ever so slightly to give me a chance. Well on BLOPS 2 Treyarch messed up the numbers so badly now if you have a good connection you are far delayed too much. Making it seem like you are up to a second behind at times.

That is it in a nutshell

Ah thanks for that Speed. I knew it was something to do with lag comp but wasn't sure how it worked. I do get a few kills and do like the game but it can be frustrating at times. The other problem I have is being disconnected quite a lot which I find annoying as hell, especially when I'm having a good game :mad:

btw. I'm still looking to add new friends to my friends list to play Blops 2 with if anyone's interested.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No its not that simple, they couldn't fix it on MW3 and they if they could fix it on BLOPS they would have done by now. They just ignore it, despite their official forums being full of threads about it and with thousands of videos on youtube about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No its not that simple, they couldn't fix it on MW3 and they if they could fix it on BLOPS they would have done by now. They just ignore it, despite their official forums being full of threads about it and with thousands of videos on youtube about it.

We must be sticklers for punishment though. We all know the game or lag comp is bad/messed up but we'll still go out and buy the game lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved Black Ops 1, I found it so much fun! I could happily stay on it all day! MW3, I hated and went back to Black Ops! Then Black Ops 2 I hate as well and have gone back to BO1 but even enjoy MW3 now in comparison.

I just don't understand why it's so different to Black Ops 1. I don't mean in terms of the futuristic setting and weapons, etc, but it just feels completely different. It's lost it's fun it had in Black Ops 1. Also I don't do anywhere near as well as I do in Black Ops 1 and I've no idea why.

Oh, and in Black Ops 1 I loved Hardcore Capture the Flag. You could find a really enjoyable 30 minute game sometimes. But on Black Ops 2 its terrible. For a start, why constantly show where the flag carrier is? It makes no sense! Yes it stops them camping but its ridiculous! At least only have it on core mode so its optional!

I was so excited for this game after loving Black Ops 1 but its just not right for me. I'm really gutted because I don't think there's going to be a COD like Black Ops again and less and less people are playing that online now so I'm running out of options.

I realise I haven't really explained why I don't like it but the truth is I don't even know. It's just everything about it. I don't understand how a sequel is so different to the original.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately they've got Mason working on the lag comp, so no.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why it isn't simple.

Surely if they can patch a game to add a gun they can patch it to change the numbers?

Somewhere there is a routine for the lag comp that just needs modifying.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Oh, and in Black Ops 1 I loved Hardcore Capture the Flag. You could find a really enjoyable 30 minute game sometimes. But on Black Ops 2 its terrible. For a start, why constantly show where the flag carrier is? It makes no sense! Yes it stops them camping but its ridiculous! At least only have it on core mode so its optional!

This.

It is the same with the Party Games playlists. I was really looking forward to One In The Chamber but the fact the radar is always on irritates me.

I know it is to reduce camping but it takes away any real tension when I can see somebody coming up towards me.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We must be sticklers for punishment though. We all know the game or lag comp is bad/messed up but we'll still go out and buy the game lol

It is because COD is still the only game on home consoles where it can also be used socially as well. It is good to play with friends who you might not necessary see in person through the week. It is 80% of the reason why I play COD.

OPS2 is nearly impossible to play well on your own anyway.
    Spawn killing is at an all time high, and has ruined the
    experience of the game for me.

It is a shame the series has no real competition. Activision must be laughing. Yes sales are decreasing year on year now, but no developer has come up with something to rival the series so COD will never improve imo until someone does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    It is because COD is still the only game on home consoles where it can also be used socially as well. It is good to play with friends who you might not necessary see in person through the week. It is 80% of the reason why I play COD.

OPS2 is nearly impossible to play well on your own anyway.
    Spawn killing is at an all time high, and has ruined the
    experience of the game for me.

It is a shame the series has no real competition. Activision must be laughing. Yes sales are decreasing year on year now, but no developer has come up with something to rival the series so COD will never improve imo until someone does.

I tried Battlefield 3 and hated it. The SP campaign was good but the MP left me disappointed. Will Battlefield become the new COD ?
  • TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spawn-killing really grates with me.

1 The game should be designed better so it shouldn't happen. (Its especially awful in FFA, my preferred game type)

2. Dirty cheap scum bags shouldn't set up camp at a spawn-hot spot. COD is the worst game for scumbags exploiting flaws in the game. Instant spawn-killing in Black Ops 2 is at an all time high for COD.

Also, I swear, sometimes the match is rigged. I'll start off on fire, get 15 to 20 kills in the first five minutes, the match is basically over by half time, I feel invincible, then suddenly I'll get royally sh!t on by everyone in the lobby, for the remainder of the match.

It happens far too often!
  • Brady12Brady12 Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lag comp is my biggest frustration personally. Someone comes round a corner etc and i'm dead so quick that it seems like they must have started firing blindly as they moved across the front of me. I watch the kill cam and they've moved across me and actually had time to aim down the sights before shooting.