Nick Grimshaw does my head in!

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it only me who finds him completely and utterly insufferable? He so far up his own behind I'm surprised he knows what day of the week it is.

Does he have any ordinary friends? And by ordinary I mean non celebrities. People who do normal jobs? He just loves parading him famous "buddies" about doesn't he? Look here he is again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2281534/Nick-Grimshaw-invites-celebrity-pals-pre-BRITS-dinner.html

And look his "shadow" Harry is with him as always. Why does Nick never invite the other member of 1D to these things? He right gets on my wick, why did they have to get rid of Chris Moyles? I know so many people who have switched off since they replaced him with "Grimmers".

I never thought I'd see the day when Heart Breakfast was more appealing that the R1 Breakfast Show!

Comments

• The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm about 400 years too old to be Radio 1's intended demographic so his presence on the breakfast show is neither here nor there for me. He does strike me as a twunt though and his polka dot suit with stripy t-shirt screams 'desperate try hard'.

Still, that all looks like a nice cavalcade of people who need a big slap - Alexa Chung, Miquita Oliver and Grimshaw himself being at the top of the list....
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's pumping Harry. Or at least trying to.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    He's pumping Harry. Or at least trying to.

That rumour is very prevalent online. They may indeed just be mates, but they seem insuperable. I find it very odd that he never invites the other members of the band to his celeb "gatherings". Maybe he doesn't like them, or they don't like him? I can't say I blame them if that's the case. But I do remember an interview Grimmy did where he said he and Harry got on so well because they both had the same daft sense of humour, however whenever I see 1D interviewed Harry is practically mute. I see very little of a personality, let alone a sense of humour, The others seem more outgoing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That rumour is very prevalent online. They may indeed just be mates, but they seem insuperable. I find it very odd that he never invites the other members of the band to his celeb "gatherings". Maybe he doesn't like them, or they don't like him? I can't say I blame them if that's the case. But I do remember an interview Grimmy did where he said he and Harry got on so well because they both had the same daft sense of humour, however whenever I see 1D interviewed Harry is practically mute. I see very little of a personality, let alone a sense of humour, The others seem more outgoing.

Why would he invite other members? He's friends with one of them, so he has to invite them all? Plus, some of the others don't seem up for those celeb type parties anyway.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand the sight or sound of him.

He invited himself to Jonathan Ross' famous annual Halloween bash, and turned up in full fancy dress. Ross was quoted in 'papers and mags as asking his family who had invited him. Seems none of them had and Ross wasn't impressed.
  • Becki_StaffordBecki_Stafford Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Yeah Im with you however Radio 1 is creating it. Im 30 and deemed too old for Radio 1 so stuff them Ill take my listening figures elsewhere. Annoying that there demographic is so limited but hello he is 28, no spring chicken to them!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's surely a strong contender for the most punchable face in showbiz.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very annoying -it's all gone to his head and it's not a pretty sight!:eek:
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's surely a strong contender for the most punchable face in showbiz.

Jeremy Kyle has that "honour" surely
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Jeremy Kyle has that "honour" surely

He doesn't really register on my radar, thank God!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Im with you however Radio 1 is creating it. Im 30 and deemed too old for Radio 1 so stuff them Ill take my listening figures elsewhere. Annoying that there demographic is so limited but hello he is 28, no spring chicken to them!!

Before the md 90's Radio 1 used to be a family station. Parents listened and so did their kids, there was something for everyone. It was a bit like Heart but with more variety in the playlist :D Nowadays if your over 25 the station deems you ancient.

R1's loss are is some other stations gain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    They've even got him presenting a BRIT award. He's awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Canks wrote: »
    They've even got him presenting a BRIT award. He's awful.

They even had him hosting Children in Need with Sir Terry Wogan and he was beyond awful, so out of place.
  • KittyKinsKittyKins Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand him. He's just 'popped up' on the Brits. No longer a R1 listener thanks to the shafting of Moyles in favour of that buffoon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Is it only me who finds him completely and utterly insufferable? He so far up his own behind I'm surprised he knows what day of the week it is.

Does he have any ordinary friends? And by ordinary I mean non celebrities. People who do normal jobs? He just loves parading him famous "buddies" about doesn't he? Look here he is again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2281534/Nick-Grimshaw-invites-celebrity-pals-pre-BRITS-dinner.html

And look his "shadow" Harry is with him as always. Why does Nick never invite the other member of 1D to these things? He right gets on my wick, why did they have to get rid of Chris Moyles? I know so many people who have switched off since they replaced him with "Grimmers".

I never thought I'd see the day when Heart Breakfast was more appealing that the R1 Breakfast Show!

He talks about his non-famous friends all the time on the breakfast show (his friend Aimee, Colette, his trainer Mackenzie, to name but a few that I remember because he tells so many stories about them). He said himself in an interview that he has plenty of 'normal' friends, but that the press aren't interested in writing about them. I find his reputation as arrogant really bizarre, he's incredibly self-deprecating on all the things I've ever seen/heard him on, and always very funny. The butt of the joke in most of his stories is usually himself.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An award for the worse dressed person on the Brits tonight. He looked like he's been dragged through a bush. If Breakfast does that, then he will not survive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's another story. I cannot stand him. 'Ohhhhh I'm Nick and I'm so indieeeeeee"
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think i've seen a bunch of more odious people in one group photo before. And I'm surprised Miquita Oliver could tear herself away from the bathroom long enough to have her photo taken... :o:D
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obnoxious ****
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I also switched off after listening to a few shows after Chris left. He just seems over hyper active
  • kimberleycatkimberleycat Posts: 1,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nick is great. I love his breakfast show. If you don't like him why watch, listen, read or discuss him?
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He does come across as a real showbiz schmoozer and celeb crawler.

I also dont find him in the remotest bit amusing.

Just annoying:mad:
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? He's 28? I thought he was in his mid 30's. He certainly looks it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need help.