Filth the Movie..Anyone have any thoughts etc..

logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Irvine Welsh novel Filth has been filmed but i cant find a whole lot of info..release etc. Anyone know whats going on?

It's my favourite Welsh work, can't wait to see it.

Comments

• logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer and poster got released yesterday, looks crazy, hope it's as offensive as the book! The trailer is NOT safe for work!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    So far Looks to be very unusual, but still good
  • glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer is pure :eek:

But having seen the brilliant productions of Filth at the Citizens and being a big fan of James McAvoy, I will go to see the film. Hope it does it justice.
  • glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailer is pure :eek:

But having seen the brilliant productions of Filth at the Citizens and being a big fan of James McAvoy, I will go to see the film. Hope it does it justice.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ? what do you mean? ? have you\ seen a stage version?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Just watched the trailer for this.
    Loved the book but I'm not sure how it will work out on screen - the later part of the book is really quite dark, the trailer looks like it's got more of a comedy feel.
    Anyone know the release date?
  • ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Release date 3/10/13
    http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1450321/

Can't wait to see this, loved the book.

Anyone that likes this kind of book check out the Mangel Series by Charlie Williams:
    Deadfolk was published in 2004, **** and Lager in 2005, King of the Road in 2006, One Dead Hen in 2011 and Made of Stone in 2013.
    Charlie Williams Novels
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I have no idea what it's about (and I'm not particularly enthused by the title) but I want to see it because I noticed from the trailer that the gorgeous Jamie Bell is in it.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnloony wrote: »
    I have no idea what it's about (and I'm not particularly enthused by the title) but I want to see it because I noticed from the trailer that the gorgeous Jamie Bell is in it.

It's about a talking anus.
  • TurbsTurbs Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    I saw it yesterday when working in Glasgow.

I thought it was very good. There are some funny comedy moments during the first half of the film, but that isn't the overall tone of the movie as it does get very dark.

I wasn't aware that the film was coming out and just took a punt on it on the strength of McAvoy being in it and being based on a Welsh novel.

I would recommend it, i have now bought the book after watching the film.
  • ejmejm Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it last night. I thought it was very good. Bonkers in places as you would expect but very good. James McEvoy is superb in it - funny, dark, loathesome, and vulnerable, and pulls everyone of them off.
  • AcornatiAcornati Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite disappointed. I can't even put my finger on why. Performances were brilliant. Maybe I just had too high expectations. Or maybe it's because it's so depressing.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it, but read yesterday that James McAvoys sister in real life has a small role in the film playing a woman who James McAvoys character is accused of sexually harassing!. That's got to be embarrassing, surprised they did it.:eek:
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    It's about a talking anus.

Sadly the tapeworm has been relegated to cameo status in the film.

Good movie though, McAvoy is excellent.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read an interesting article with James the other day. He was talking about how he got into the role when he was filming and what it was like. Interesting stuff.