Clara & Rose In The 50th Episode

Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
Forum Member
Will they meet? Should they?

I have to admit I find past and current companions interacting more exciting than multi Doctor stuff, so I do hope they have some scenes together in The Day Of The Doctor.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fight!
    Fight!
    Fight!
    Fight!
    Fight!
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Not quite what I meant but at least someone's responded to this.
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rose: the Doctor loves me he even gave me his clone
    Clara: He never mentioned you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Not quite wt I meant but at least someone's responded to this.

Well, with Rose's history of reactions to other companions (yeah, I know she was alright with Sarah Jane in the end, but there was also that "I was the first" with Martha in series 4), it wouldn't be that shocking, would it? :p:D Just kidding.

I dunno, we have so little to go on, right now I wouldn't still bet my money on 11 and Rose meeting in the special despite the Bad Wolf thing in the poster, though I'm not saying that they won't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emergency Temporal Handbags at dawn..
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could talk fashion:D
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this alternate universe Rose or just a past Rose?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on, you know everyone wants a cat fight, with nails scratching, and hair pulling :)
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the things I'm looking forward to most in the 50th! I can't wait to see them interact. Should be good.
  • mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's very unlikely that they will meet. I don't think the character of Rose will have anything other than a small cameo in the story. The impression I get, backed up by a lot of the on-location reports and photos we've seen, is that Smith and Tennant get a lot of time together, but Piper doesn't seem to be there.

My suspicion is that initially, Piper was planned to be in the story-line alongside Chris Eccleston's doctor, and we know that the 9th Doctor wasn't going to have any more than a cameo.

Would I like Clara and Rose to meet? Not particularly. I don't consider Clara to be a particularly compelling character. If it was, say, Amy and Rose, as much as I disliked Amy's character, then I'd say yes - sparks would fly.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the things I'm looking forward to most in the 50th! I can't wait to see them interact. Should be good.

The opposite version of School Reunion from Rose's point of view, possibly, depending on where Rose's appearance is placed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey1980 wrote: »
    I think it's very unlikely that they will meet. I don't think the character of Rose will have anything other than a small cameo in the story. The impression I get, backed up by a lot of the on-location reports and photos we've seen, is that Smith and Tennant get a lot of time together, but Piper doesn't seem to be there.

My suspicion is that initially, Piper was planned to be in the story-line alongside Chris Eccleston's doctor, and we know that the 9th Doctor wasn't going to have any more than a cameo.

Would I like Clara and Rose to meet? Not particularly. I don't consider Clara to be a particularly compelling character. If it was, say, Amy and Rose, as much as I disliked Amy's character, then I'd say yes - sparks would fly.

Y'know, Piper might just come out, Bad Wolf a whole legion of advancing Daleks, and bugger off again.

Bad Wolf/Rose survived the Time Vortex; Doctor 9 did not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's very unlikely that they will meet. I don't think the character of Rose will have anything other than a small cameo in the story.
    She could be one of those Tardis hologrammies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    It'd be cool if they knew each other already. The day Clara's mum died was the day Rose met the Doctor
    and with the recent set pics of Jenna filming at the flats used as the Powell Estate (not necessarily the Powell Estate but who knows :p).
    I dunno, there's a lot of links/similarities. I hope they meet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member

That would've been funny. :D
  • VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    is this alternate universe Rose or just a past Rose?

The insipid Miss Coleman being acted off the screen by a little yappy dog? They would never allow it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I reckon they'll get it on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon they'll get it on.
    get it on where, I think you may have gone to another dimension.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    Rose: the Doctor loves me he even gave me his clone
    Clara: He never mentioned you

I think this dialogue would be entirely appropriate, considering how Sarah Jane was portrayed as being less important to the Doctor than Rose. (Of course I understand that the new Who producers are determined to have "their" characters be the most important characters in the history of the show.).
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, if they do, I foresee a similar exchange to Sarah Jane and Rose's first meeting. Rose has aged that bit more and the Doctor's hopping around with a younger girl.

Then again, Rose has her own Doctor so that makes it less likely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Jenna said in an interview that it was great having Billie around so I'm guessing there's plenty of on screen interaction. Judging by the 'Bad Wolf' in the poster as well, it does seem likely.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Jenna said in an interview that it was great having Billie around so I'm guessing there's plenty of on screen interaction. Judging by the 'Bad Wolf' in the poster as well, it does seem likely.

I hope they at least have one interaction in the episode.
  • jpljpl Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Is Rose not from series 2? in which case she'll be looking at clara and wondering what happened to herself in the future, why is she not traveling with the doctor still?
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    jpl wrote: »
    Is Rose not from series 2? in which case she'll be looking at clara and wondering what happened to herself in the future, why is she not traveling with the doctor still?

It has been over 200 years for The Doctor, if not more, since he was travelling with Rose. He has the perfect get out clause right there. :D
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I think it's very unlikely that they will meet. I don't think the character of Rose will have anything other than a small cameo in the story.

No complaints from me. There's a myriad of companions I would prefer to see in the 50th to Rose. I know all the reasons for bringing her back, but it's quite enough we have Tennant coming back, IMO. I won't be sorry if she is relegated to a cameo role.
    Would I like Clara and Rose to meet? Not particularly. I don't consider Clara to be a particularly compelling character. If it was, say, Amy and Rose, as much as I disliked Amy's character, then I'd say yes - sparks would fly

Even better would be River and Rose. I'm not particularly a fan of River, but she would eat Rose alive. :eek::D