The Inbetweeners 2 movie teaser

nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
Forum Member
The teaser trailer just released a few hours ago although I think it has been in cinemas for a few weeks now.

I am really not ashamed to say that I am looking forward to this movie! The TV show was great and the first movie was a great transition from TV to film and it was funny from start to finish.

http://www.trailer-geek.com/movie/inbetweeners-2/

Comments

• rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fire ******* hahaha
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Ha ha - he's such a bellend Jay isn't he? Love it. Can't wait, TV series and first movie were a hoot.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first movie was great , but expectations were not so high , could be a problem for the second one , but I hope it is as good as the first .
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An example of using one of the most's best lines in a different situation and it come across as less funny and more trying too hard to be funny. Bus ******* was funny because you never saw it coming and it was random and didn't make sense. When done again years later with the word Fire, it just falls to pieces.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I so can't wait to see this! I love the series and first film I just hope this is as good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An example of using one of the most's best lines in a different situation and it come across as less funny and more trying too hard to be funny. Bus ******* was funny because you never saw it coming and it was random and didn't make sense. When done again years later with the word Fire, it just falls to pieces.

^^ This!

They could have at least tried to be funny with the new gag. I have seen many people online suggesting that the line should have been "Bush W**kers" and I agree that's far funnier.

"Fire W**kers" just doesn't work at all.... Shame.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught an episode on e4 last night and it was making me laugh out loud all these years later.

I am so excited for this, loved the first movie.

Typical sneak peak though, showing nothing about the movie at all - hopefully they'll release a proper one soon.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught an episode on e4 last night and it was making me laugh out loud all these years later.

I am so excited for this, loved the first movie.

Typical sneak peak though, showing nothing about the movie at all - hopefully they'll release a proper one soon.

The film hasn't long finished filming so it is in post production so i doubt it has all been edited up yet. I wouldn't expect proper trailer just yet. Perhaps next month or July.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    ^^ This!

They could have at least tried to be funny with the new gag. I have seen many people online suggesting that the line should have been "Bush W**kers" and I agree that's far funnier.

"Fire W**kers" just doesn't work at all.... Shame.

Ah, now you're just being picky here. :D

Bush wànkers wouldn't work as it would imply that Jay, clearly an idiot at best, would be aware of Australian culture. Fire wànkers is just right - it's as daft and random as the first gag and provides a direct reference to one of the best-known moments of the original TV series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I want to see it but I hope they aren't going to use the same old jokes again. Sometimes with sequels, it's hard to predict especially as the first was great.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great teaser because it makes you think its for a horror movie or similar at the start and then hits you with the fire w%^%)_!

awesome.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rikstan87 wrote: »
    Fire ******* hahaha

I think bush w*nkers would have been better :D
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One joke stretched too far
    Forum Member
    Ah, now you're just being picky here. :D

Bush wànkers wouldn't work as it would imply that Jay, clearly an idiot at best, would be aware of Australian culture. Fire wànkers is just right - it's as daft and random as the first gag and provides a direct reference to one of the best-known moments of the original TV series.

I just laugh when I see Jay's face. James Buckley just has one of those dopey looking faces, combined with that accent, that sets me off as soon as he appears on screen. :D
  • nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    I just laugh when I see Jay's face. James Buckley just has one of those dopey looking faces, combined with that accent, that sets me off as soon as he appears on screen. :D

You sound like my girlfriend! She just instantly giggles when he is on screen!
    Forum Member
    When you think about it, the idea that these four losers actually make it as far as Australia kind of goes against the basic premise of their abilities in the first place.
  • nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Maybe thats the point? They are all so stupid they end up booking the wrong place? haha
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first movie was shockingly bad so not expecting much from this. Was better as a series. A one off Christmas special would've done.
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    The first movie was shockingly bad so not expecting much from this. Was better as a series. A one off Christmas special would've done.

I thought the movie was enjoyable in its own way. It certainly has all those elements of that first lads' holiday abroad that so many people will identify with. Who didn't go skinny dipping at night with the ladies for example? :D
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »

I think most people would disagree with that.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    I thought the movie was enjoyable in its own way. It certainly has all those elements of that first lads' holiday abroad that so many people will identify with. Who didn't go skinny dipping at night with the ladies for example? :D

It has its moments but it's just the way they make them so stupid for comedy sake. In the series you could've seen yourself in their situations in 6th form. But the movie makes Simon an absolute idiot. Selling his clothes, leaving an attractive girl to go to the boat party which Carly is on whilst missing all the social signs the other girl was giving him. And ah yes, the whole movie is based around him following Carly and it's always been a thing I can't stand in the series. It's just bad to watch.

Only my opinion of course :D