Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dreary this week is a classic :D.

And given the number of grammatically challenged/nonsensical lines in it, either no-one subs Jones' scribblings, or they're lousy at their job.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally it clicks with the barking old bat that she needs to stop writing about people in her life in order to be reasonably happy.
    Only thing is, instead of tales of having no friends, and her new-found sex life with D.Scrace we'll probably have relentless weekly tales of sick dogs, cats and horses. I don't know which is worse......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2492514/Liz-Joness-Diary-In-I-think-time-stop-writing-David.html

No comments so far either.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And there's me thinking that it would mean the end of the column! :rolleyes: There's no way that there aren't any comments, for some reason the DM just aren't publishing them yet.

Is there also a 'my drugs shame' article this week after last week's revelations? :D

Amazing how all it's taken for her to get some perspective is some knock out sex isn't it? Her been family's upset? So what! Her friend's are upset? Tough - just give her more 'poor me' crap for her column. But the thought of losing, according to her, the best sex she's ever had? Oooh I must stop writing about him! :rolleyes:

Pity someone hadn't given a good seeing to years ago - we might have been spared years her spewing poison, seemingly endless bile and crass insensitivity!
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2443657/Liz-Joness-Diary-In-I-bare-heart-text.html

Notwithstanding the "Hahaha" she quotes him as saying "Just had a text from my ex" which clearly identifies who is it from. So even in a column about "the truth" she is still lying......
  • Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Squatch wrote: »
    I think I did :o my apologies :o

No problem at all Squatch.

I thought the comments concerning Ayrton Senna were quite interesting. I too think that 'Senna' is a wonderfully poignant film... though it's interesting that she picks on his 'beautiful face', rather than his talent, integrity, spirituality and generosity. It kind of says it all. It's another example of her superficiality.

It's often been said that she knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problem at all Squatch.

I thought the comments concerning Ayrton Senna were quite interesting. I too think that 'Senna' is a wonderfully poignant film... though it's interesting that she picks on his 'beautiful face', rather than his talent, integrity, spirituality and generosity. It kind of says it all. It's another example of her superficiality.

It's often been said that she knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

She certainly hasn't grasped "you reap what you sow".
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From today's gibberish farticle.
    This ‘trial by the people’, where anyone is allowed to trash your reputation online, is the opposite of democracy: It’s not free speech, it is conviction and sentencing by the malevolent.

Can somebody please explain why that's any different from the 'trial by byline' she trots out, week after week? I'd really appreciate it.
    ;)
    Forum Member
    newbaby wrote: »
    She certainly hasn't grasped "you reap what you sow".

Nope, 'karma' is a four-letter word to her... but then again she was the one who entered into a Mephistophelean pact with the DM, which led to her getting a whole load of dosh in return for her writing off her family, friends and life for the filthy lucre.

Over the past week, ever since I first posted on here, I've tried to put myself in a position where I tried to envisage what circumstances or amount of money it would take for me to consider selling my family and friends down the river to earn a living... and I've found it impossible to do. There is nothing that could cause me to do it.

However, it's interesting when you set that aside and truly consider what would happen if you were to do so.

When I put myself in that scenario, I quickly came to the conclusion that the very life that I was being paid to write about would very quickly disappear as friends and family exited stage-left... and I'd guess that within weeks I'd be left in a position where I had a contract including a fat pay-cheque, requiring me to produce copy each week from a life bereft of content.

So... I asked myself what would I do under those circumstances, if I'd sold my soul to the devil, and chose to continue on with my pact ?

The rapid conclusion that I came to was that I would have to come up with stories pretty quickly. So I'd become very inventive and economical with the truth. As that path began to wear thin, I think that I'd go for 'shock-jock' tactics... give that I had no life or relationships left to lose... but I'd also try to paint a picture of myself as a wounded victim, trying to help other victims (and what better victims than animals who can't answer back).

None of this is written as a justification for whatever Lizard has done, because she could have thrown her hat - or Gucci-bag - in at any time, but it does also bring the Daily Mail more in to the picture; because what kind of an institution would pay an individual any amount of money to get into this position... which sooner or later must inevitably lead to their destruction through alienation.

Some things to consider. Feel free to say if you think it's all a load of psycho-babble crap. :o
    Forum Member
    Fatsia wrote: »

Can somebody please explain why that's any different from the 'trial by byline' she trots out, week after week? I'd really appreciate it.
    ;)

Interestingly you've jumped on the exact sentence and point that I responded to on DM a few hours ago... but things appear to be heavily 'moderated' over there at the moment.:)
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the "the worst sort of journalism,PRs posing as critics. No delineation between advert and editorial" comment.:D
    I always thought the majority of LJ output was advertorials for freebies.
    It's that wonderful Liz wit again.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »

;)

Sorry, nope.
    I see no difference at all.;)
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    11 pm and still no comments.

Perhaps the mods have only just realised about Liz's alleged 'white line adventure' last week. ;)
  • BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I submitted a comment about this time last night and it's not been published, so I assume they have just chosen not to publish anything. Mine was "Off you trot then. Bye." and I assume the others would have been much the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    11 pm and still no comments.

Perhaps the mods have only just realised about Liz's alleged 'white line adventure' last week. ;)

Yes, imagine it will be to do with Liz and lawyers..
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been catching up reading the comments on the In Which We Have A Problem entry in the Dreary and has anyone else noticed that Thisbe person? They are hideous, and like a few of the other commenters I am convinced they are in fact LJ herself. I don't see why they would be so defensive and vicious otherwise. The way they attacked the poster called Becky was disgusting and so similar to LJ's inability to show any empathy or perspective.
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure that 'Thisbe' has multiple user names and a nasty piece of work they are too. The common traits amongst Liz's supporters is an obsessive devotion to their mistress and personal attacks on anyone who queries the absolute vileness of her articles and never, ever do her supporters give an example of what it is they fine so 'hilarious' and 'self deprecating'. Surely even her most devoted followers are getting bored with the OTT whirlwind romance and excruciating intimate details, she hasn't written about anything else (in The Diary that is) for two months now. Why haven't her supporters enquired about the wellbeing of her 113 animals who have dissapeared off the face of the earth?:rolleyes:
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seabird wrote: »
    I am sure that 'Thisbe' has multiple user names and a nasty piece of work they are too. The common traits amongst Liz's supporters is an obsessive devotion to their mistress and personal attacks on anyone who queries the absolute vileness of her articles and never, ever do her supporters give an example of what it is they fine so 'hilarious' and 'self deprecating'. Surely even her most devoted followers are getting bored with the OTT whirlwind romance and excruciating intimate details, she hasn't written about anything else (in The Diary that is) for two months now. Why haven't her supporters enquired about the wellbeing of her 113 animals who have dissapeared off the face of the earth?:rolleyes:

Yes, her supporters comments are always suspiciously similar, right down to the tone of their words. I'm convinced Thisbe is LJ though...that lack of empathy in particular is just too much of the same.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Column before last - I must stop writing about David.

Last week's column - she writes about David again

The woman is a total numpty :rolleyes:

I'll have to keep a look out for this 'Thisbe' contributor. I tend to just read the comments and not who they're from. Mind you, the DM is getting later and later publishing them. It's usually Monday before the comments appear nowadays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    This week's diary is ridiculous. Poor David. But I just read a Shocking piece of 'journalism' in today's online paper about her owning 2 pairs of knickers. I found this whole piece deeply offensive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha Ha! She can only afford to own two pairs of knickers, but employs a cleaner as it's doing her bit for the economy!
    Said cleaner didn't pay for LJ's cleaning products but bought a takeaway coffee with her own money instead, bliddy cheek.:rolleyes:
    Poor LJ, having to stifle her OCD cleaning in order to give someone a job.
    I guess we were due another " I am so poor" rant though.:mad:
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    This week's diary is ridiculous. Poor David. But I just read a Shocking piece of 'journalism' in today's online paper about her owning 2 pairs of knickers. I found this whole piece deeply offensive.

2 pairs? Mucky cow! Or perhaps 'liar!'.

I see they're playing the 'no comments received' game again. I submitted a comment on this piece of BS over 3 hours ago.

Why would her cleaner spend her wages on stocking LJ's cleaning cupboard? And isn't it a bit hypocritical to castigate her for buying a coffee when Lizardchops is whining that people allegedly complain when she spends her own money on herself?

If David has any self-respect she'd have got the 'Forget it!' text by now if he's read that disgraceful diary piece.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that 'poor David' confessed to what we already suspected that he contacted Liz purely to get publicity for 'his' company and in return Liz gets a 'real' bloke to write about and humiliate so their Faustian pact obviously suits them both.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liar Liar 2 pairs of pants on fire!
    Doesn't she have smexy undies for her nights of rampant passion with DisCrace? bleurgh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seabird wrote: »
    I see that 'poor David' confessed to what we already suspected that he contacted Liz purely to get publicity for 'his' company and in return Liz gets a 'real' bloke to write about and humiliate so their Faustian pact obviously suits them both.

Indeed.*nods*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunstone wrote: »
    Liar Liar 2 pairs of pants on fire!
    Doesn't she have smexy undies for her nights of rampant passion with DisCrace? bleurgh

Didn't she say once she only dry cleaned her bloomers? Oh to be as broke as Liz Jones. A cleaner, a gardner, a p,a./groom/dogsbody. As Mrs Merton would say, 'So Mr Scrace, what attracted you to the highest paid journalist in Britain, Liz Jones?'.