Why? :confused:

Why not :D
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Why not :D

Because they're crap & I'm not American. Will that do? :D
  • ifihadafishifihadafish Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Voting for BALEFUL CREED is now OPEN!!! The bands in Heat 1 in TBFM Factor were just incredible - so this is going to be one hell of a tough heat to get through - WE REALLY NEED YOUR DAILY VOTE ON THIS PLEASE!!!

Yes - please vote once a day all this week to help us get to the Quarter Finals. It's free to vote and you only need a few simple clicks to do it. The link to the Voting Page is in the NEXT COMMENT - You then need to select Heat 1 on the left hand side - then look for the Click Here To Go To The Voting Page For Baleful Creed, then there is a Vote button and then a security gateway to cut down on cheaters - so please make sure you do all 3 or 4 clicks to get your vote in for us!

The prizes are huge, with the main prize being a record deal with Ripple Music!

We really appreciate your support on this one - and will apologise in advance if we fill up your NewsFeed this week reminding you to vote - but it will take one huge push to do this - and ONLY you have that power in your hands - so thank you for that!

http://tbfmonline.co.uk/tbfmfactor/vote/page/voting/
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Because they're crap & I'm not American. Will that do? :D

No, because neither reason didn't stop me.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's 28 years since Phil Lynott died :(

Emerald - live

It is i remember the day well for all the wrong reasons..:(:(

Met him at a gig in London in 1984 lovely bloke.:cry:
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I See a few more bands announced for Sonisphere http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/74739

Must admit I have never heard of Karnivool, but checking them out they sound quite good to me
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The headliners are weird. Maiden and Metallica are fairly standard and predictable but The Prodigy :eek: Are they even rock/metal?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The headliners are weird. Maiden and Metallica are fairly standard and predictable but The Prodigy :eek: Are they even rock/metal?

Yes the Prodigy will be good for a laugh.

There is nothing standard about Maiden.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

TBH I would love to see the prodigy, I have the World's on Fire DVD and they certainly rock, here is a clip from Rock am Ring, certainly better than a lot of bands I have seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOu1H5CRGPI
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

Standard festival headliners. Download last year & various Sonispheres throughout Europe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I meant that they are standard festival headliners.

Nothing standard about their music :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standard festival headliners. Download last year & various Sonispheres throughout Europe.

Indeed but i have a fondness for Maiden having seen them in a pub with Paul Di'anno fronting before they made it big, even a few years ago one of their former members Clice Burr( Now Deceased } made it to the closing of one of their venues IE The Ruskin Arms Manor Park now closed.:)

In a specially adapted motor as he was ill at the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant that they are standard festival headliners.

Nothing standard about their music :D

No indeed not.

I guess i am just a bit emotional over the Rock Bands i have supported over the years who have lost members.

Including Phil Lynott.:cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]

No indeed not.

I guess i am just a bit emotional over the Rock Bands i have supported over the years who have lost members.

Including Phil Lynott.:cry::cry:

Quite.

We need to support new rock bands and musicians and help them become more widely appreciated so that they can carry the mantel when the legends are all gone. We need new legends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite.

We need to support new rock bands and musicians and help them become more widely appreciated so that they can carry the mantel when the legends are all gone. We need new legends.

Yes that is so i agree hopefully they will come forward .

Myself one of the best Gigs i saw Last year was Phil Campbells all stars at Norwich,they were ba-- Blistering and Phil Campbell is the same age as me 53.Met him afterwards really nice Guy,he met everyone that wanted to speak to him.

Also to me Micheal Schenker is on the up and up again after a difficult time.

We need more legends true butr do the said venues exist to let them come through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Schenker is fantastic. One of the most technically gifted AND creative players I can think of.

One of the better gigs I went to last year was Million Dollar Reload in a grotty pub in Derry. Hopefully they can push on and go the distance.

Check out the independant label, Ripple Music. They are doing some interesting things in the rock world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Schenker is fantastic. One of the most technically gifted AND creative players I can think of.

One of the better gigs I went to last year was Million Dollar Reload in a grotty pub in Derry. Hopefully they can push on and go the distance.

Check out the independant label, Ripple Music. They are doing some interesting things in the rock world.

True saw him three times last year with a meet and greet at one (Norwich Waterfront} was great fun he made me laugh ,also met all the band at Sheffield Plug they signed everything.:)

Will check out the independent Label Ripple Music thanks.:)

Schenker is on tour the first three months of this year in the USA and Japan hopefully returning to Europe soon.

Though two members of the European Tour for "Temple Of Rock" are not touring the US with him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else pledged on the Jettblack Pledgemusic campaign?

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/jettblack

If not, what you waiting for? :p
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Prodigy have headlined Download before. Not a band i would choose to see but as i've got my ticket for Sonisphere I'll watch them.

As Sonisphere was cancelled two years ago and didn't happen last year they needed to guaranteed "bums on seats" headliners to re-launch the festival in the UK, hence Maiden and Metallica.

Maiden have said they will be doing a re-worked "Maiden England" set, but including more of their rarely played, these days, early catalogue. Metallica's set is "by request", so their set list will be chosen by the fans.

For me Alice In Chains, Mastodon, and Airbourne are great additions to the line-up! :D
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you guys heard this? If's Metallica's ....And Justice for All album, but with the bassline dubbed in. Sounds a lot better

And Justice For Jason
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you guys heard this? If's Metallica's ....And Justice for All album, but with the bassline dubbed in. Sounds a lot better

And Justice For Jason

Probably cos I am so used to the original, it just didn't sound right to me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    combines two of my favourite things, The Walking Dead and Cluch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqf6WxvBF54