Kylie Minogue - Timebomb

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    no airplay for Timebomb... down to 50 on itunes and out of the top 40 next week..... she would be best concentrating on the Best Of this week!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it a lot. The video is a cheeky little number (there's an overlap with Madonna's Give Me All Your Luvin in walking down a street and getting in mischief). I approve.
    Forum Member
    stays at number 31..... could have been a lot worse... 2 weeks in the top 40 , selling well on amazon and not on itunes though, at least it beat Alex Burke number 33 :)
    Forum Member
    down to 55 on itunes and dropping fast......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's strange. It's still the #1 music video on iTunes.
    Forum Member
    up to number 15 on Amazon singles chart, still doing really well there... not sure how many sales Amazon gets though.... maybe 5% of the singles market?

54 on itunes and slipping.... hopefully she will perform it tomorrow at concert.... but think she will mainly try and sell her Best Of......

I am hoping the Best Of will get top 20 next Sunday, even if just for one week. needs to offer the download version for 4.99 or something for the first week and reduce the CD price also.

Timebomb now A listed on Radio 2, needs a few versions too to sustain sales... i would love another week in the top 40, but doubt it can happen after such a poor Sunday sales....

the itunes video must not count towards the charts?
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    up to number 15 on Amazon singles chart, still doing really well there... not sure how many sales Amazon gets though.... maybe 5% of the singles market?

54 on itunes and slipping.... hopefully she will perform it tomorrow at concert.... but think she will mainly try and sell her Best Of......

I am hoping the Best Of will get top 20 next Sunday, even if just for one week. needs to offer the download version for 4.99 or something for the first week and reduce the CD price also.

Timebomb now A listed on Radio 2, needs a few versions too to sustain sales... i would love another week in the top 40, but doubt it can happen after such a poor Sunday sales....

the itunes video must not count towards the charts?

Im not sure if Kylie is truly behind the upcoming best of so dont know how much she will promote it, the album wasnt even mentioned on the Alan Carr show.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    She has to really pull it out of the bag and wow the TV audience at the Jubilee gig, with the weather being a bit iffy, I imagine this will get a huge TV audience, and highlights are being shown on US TV the day after too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    the album is out in a minute on itunes ? 4th june
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song just isn't up to par. It screams "bonus single" from a greatest hits.
  • FutureGamesFutureGames Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Archangel wrote: »
    It's strange. It's still the #1 music video on iTunes.

Probably because she's wearing denim hotpants and a barely there dress at the end. I think it's mainly the male population that's keeping the video at #1. :D
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    This song just isn't up to par. It screams "bonus single" from a greatest hits.

I don't think that's the reason for why it's underperforming, lack of radio play by some of the big stations is more to blame.The reaction to the single has so far been mostly positive. I bet if Radio 1 and Capital playlisted Timebomb it would shoot into the top 10 no problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    The second charting week for Timebomb has the song debut in some countries. But not high enough. Not even top40. remains to be seen if it gets stronger. the mixes should be out by now or this single will be forgotten when the Best Of goes on sale :(

see 2nd week charts at http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.sg/2012/06/kylie-minogue-timebomb-chart.html
    Forum Member
    Best not selling well at all.

i was in HMV ox street London this morning and she only has a little section in new releases.... and its £10 & £16 for the cd/dvd version... way too expensive....

Madges MDNA is £3!! how the mighty fall! lol

As for Jubilee concert, each act only has 6 minutes to perform so i cant see timebomb being sung at all....... she said its a medaly of songs but 6 minutes will prob mean 4 song medaly to promote Best Of album.... but i agree don't think she is behind this release......

timebomb now 20 on amazon & 53 on itunes ....
    Forum Member
    Best not selling well at all.

i was in HMV ox street London this morning and she only has a little section in new releases.... and its £10 & £16 for the cd/dvd version... way too expensive....

It's going to be interesting to see if the Jubilee performance has any effect on her sales this week. I guess she won't have to sell a huge amount to chart in either the top 10 or top 20 since album sales are low at the moment. Saying that, I can't see this release hanging around the charts for too long.
    Madges MDNA is £3!! how the mighty fall! lol

PMSL. It's apparently only sold 105k so far.
    As for Jubilee concert, each act only has 6 minutes to perform so i cant see timebomb being sung at all....... she said its a medaly of songs but 6 minutes will prob mean 4 song medaly to promote Best Of album.... but i agree don't think she is behind this release......

timebomb now 20 on amazon & 53 on itunes ....

The performers have apparently been told that they're not to include any new songs in their sets. Not sure how true that actually is. The medley is rumoured to be:
    Step Back in Time, All the Lovers and Can't Get You Out of My Head.
    I really would like Timebomb to be performed as it would be the chance for some much-needed promotion.
    Forum Member
    Step back in time that isnt even on the Best Of lol.... oh dear....

i think Get Outta My way, Better the Devil & Can't Get you head out my head would be a nicer trio!

I too think it will get top 20........ its 66 on itunes at mo but about 30 compiliations ahead of it...

but as we know Kylie fans want the CD so it should do ok... but £16 is expensive.......

MDNA and Born this way both £3 in HMV!

as for Timebomb well its up to 17 on Amazon and now up from 56 to 52 on irtunes.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I wish there was an extra song on the single instead of the video :(
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time bomb needs a phyisical release, kylie always sell brilliantly with cd singles and it would give time bomb a huge boost. I collect all kylie;s singles and i want a time bomb phyisical.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    She didn't do 'Timebomb' but the set was excellent, her and Tom Jones have stolen the show for me.
  • cloudycloudy Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't do 'Timebomb' but the set was excellent, her and Tom Jones have stolen the show for me.

The concert in general has not been great but Kylie was.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was a great performance! :)
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member
    Best of Kylie is no 16 now on iTunes. Kylie walked out with the Queen and Camilla earlier, she must be well in with the royal family!
    Forum Member
    Best Of Kylie up from 63 to 17 after the concert on itunes...and at least 6 above her are only single EPs or complilations......

Timebomb up to 15 on amazon & up from 55 to 52 on itunes........
    Forum Member
    Kylie up to 15 on itunes!!!!!!!!!! thats great seeing most kylie fans will want the CD!
    Forum Member
    looking good for Kylie

Best Of 15 on itunes with 6 EPs/complitations ahead of her...

and now 44 & 45 on Amazon with the 2 CD versions & 52 on the download amazon chart