Was Denise robbed ?

Comments

• KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they all know each other and meet up, but I occasionally write the odd post about Louis and they write friendly replies. :)
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they all know each other and meet up, but I occasionally write the odd post about Louis and they write friendly replies. :)

We don't all know each other - where did that come from!?
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    & on topic - no Denise was not robbed :)
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going on for ever this Denise thing but without examination of some very real issues

• Denise and James certainly hit their timing bang on BUT without giving any feel for the music
    • They were at all times technically correct in footwork, body shape and brilliant high speed lifts BUT especially in their show dance there was no story just one technically correct move after another in a cold remote manner
    • They never at any time in the final shared the emotion of the dance, is that a point scorer? yes dancers are performing to and interpreting the mood and emotion of the particular dance, Denise and James did not and never appeared to share an emotion only the various techniques required
    • In the final Louis and Kimberly did perform better than Denise on those issues above
    • Kimberly dropped the very recent high standard in her show dance but Louis gave all his dances an improvement in performance and in particular matched technique with Denise and added the above ingredients

Due to the above (IMO) Louis show dance won the final

Denise was brilliant from week one but the partnership never gained warmth in performance and the early issues raised above are point’s losers or winners
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pabird wrote: »
    Going on for ever this Denise thing but without examination of some very real issues

• Denise and James certainly hit their timing bang on BUT without giving any feel for the music
    • They were at all times technically correct in footwork, body shape and brilliant high speed lifts BUT especially in their show dance there was no story just one technically correct move after another in a cold remote manner
    • They never at any time in the final shared the emotion of the dance, is that a point scorer? yes dancers are performing to and interpreting the mood and emotion of the particular dance, Denise and James did not and never appeared to share an emotion only the various techniques required
    • In the final Louis and Kimberly did perform better than Denise on those issues above
    • Kimberly dropped the very recent high standard in her show dance but Louis gave all his dances an improvement in performance and in particular matched technique with Denise and added the above ingredients

Due to the above (IMO) Louis show dance won the final

Denise was brilliant from week one but the partnership never gained warmth in performance and the early issues raised above are point’s losers or winners

That's a good post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Denise wasn't at a 'Star Studded bash' - she was waiting for a night flight to Dubai with her parents and daughter (she tweeted from the airport - obviously, the journalist didn't think to actually check Denise's twitter to find out what she was doing). Lee wasn't alone - he tweeted that he was planning on meeting a friend and going out for NYE (he's currently in panto, hence not going to Dubai with Denise and family).

The poor thing. :rolleyes:

He's got nothing to be miserable about then. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Louis's performance through the weeks was more or less an upward curve but Denise's virtually a straight line. The others to me were also-rans: a controversial point, I know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Louis's performance through the weeks was more or less an upward curve but Denise's virtually a straight line. The others to me were also-rans: a controversial point, I know.

Louis was a class-act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Please come and join us in this thread - I only post there occasionally and don't know any of the others, but it's really friendly and we need people to keep posting :)
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    colliefan wrote: »
    Please come and join us in this thread - I only post there occasionally and don't know any of the others, but it's really friendly and we need people to keep posting :)

Seconded. :) If you like Louis and Flavia and are suffering withdrawals then come on in. We're more like a support group now and there's some lovely links to click on.

Back on topic: Denise was not robbed, she just didn't manage to convince people that her dancing/performances were worth picking up the phone for. I actually didn't think she was the best dancer on the night and for once I did agree with the winner of the show. This wasn't a Colin vs Darren, or a Ricky vs Chris type final where the better dancer lost out to the "personality". This was a final where the best dancer/performer on the night won fairly and squarely!
    • Louis (unlike Denise) didn't shirk any of the dances throughout the series and for that alone he was a worthy winner.
    • Louis (unlike Denise) had a visible journey. We could all see the difference in his performance and technique in the final from when he first began dancing. Denise had stayed the same. Very good and technically proficient.
    • Louis sold all three of his dances in the final, Denise (surprisingly) seemed to be going through the motions. I didn't connect to her show dance; which was impressive but, it left me cold. I loved her Charlston but, I didn't see the improvement.

Louis won, and imo is one of the better winners of recent finals. I wouldn't have minded if Denise had won but, for the above reasons I'm glad she didn't. :)
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    *Laura* wrote: »
    Seconded. :)

If you like Louis and Flavia and are suffering withdrawals then come on in. We're more like a support group now and there's some lovely links to click on.

Back on topic: Denise was not robbed, she just didn't manage to convince people that her dancing/performances were worth picking up the phone for. I actually didn't think she was the best dancer on the night and for once I did agree with the winner of the show. This wasn't a Colin vs Darren, or a Ricky vs Chris type final where the better dancer lost out to the "personality". This was a final where the best dancer/performer on the night won fairly and squarely!
    • Louis (unlike Denise) didn't shirk any of the dances throughout the series and for that alone he was a worthy winner.
    • Louis (unlike Denise) had a visible journey. We could all see the difference in his performance and technique in the final from when he first began dancing. Denise had stayed the same. Very good and technically proficient.
    • Louis sold all three of his dances in the final, Denise (surprisingly) seemed to be going through the motions. I didn't connect to her show dance; which was impressive but, it left me cold. I loved her Charlston but, I didn't see the improvement.

Louis won, and imo is one of the better winners of recent finals. I wouldn't have minded if Denise had won but, for the reasons given above I'm glad she didn't. :)

Seconded this post.

No Denise was not robbed. She might have been a technically proficient dancer, but she was pretty much the same throughout the show. She didnt appear to be able to appeal to the viewers/voters on a personal level and most of her dancing did not draw me in emotionally.

The showdance was better than I thought it might be but it was still just a lift fest. It still left me cold. And it certainly didnt leave me spellbound.
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Seconded this post.

No Denise was not robbed. She might have been a technically proficient dancer, but she was pretty much the same throughout the show. She didnt appear to be able to appeal to the viewers/voters on a personal level and most of her dancing did not draw me in emotionally.

The showdance was better than I thought it might be but it was still just a lift fest. It still left me cold. And it certainly didnt leave me spellbound.

I couldn't have said it better myself!! (so I wont)

JJ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    frally wrote: »

To be fair to ALL the slebs - if you make it through to the final you are going to be VERY slim and toned!! (at least compared to how you were when you started)

JJ - with a fine eye for the female form!!:D:D
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjackson42 wrote: »
    To be fair to ALL the slebs - if you make it through to the final you are going to be VERY slim and toned!! (at least compared to how you were when you started)

JJ - with a fine eye for the female form!!:D:D

Plus, Denise was slim and physically fit to begin with, so it's not as if she came to Strictly unfit and obese. Unfortunately, 'slim, toned, physically fit woman is a bit more toned and physically fit' isn't much of a story.
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course she was robbed.

I didn't take to her from the start and I never felt emotionally engaged by the choreography (James' fault?) but there were still moments when I was gobsmacked at the quality of her craftsmanship.

I loved Kimberley and Pasha from their first dance and very quickly got bored,even irritated by some of the others.Nicky Byrne seemed to love getting into the character of his routines and I delighted in sharing Victoria's (shaky) journey,but most of them just got harder to watch....except Denise who much as I would like to have dismissed her,gradually won my respect.
    Indeed,if Kimberley had not made the final,I would have bunged a few votes Denise's way.
    (My mother,who doesn't normally vote,voted in the final for Denise.)

Anybody who can win me over the way she did has a fair claim to have been 'robbed'.
  • kassieqkassieq Posts: 3,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course she was robbed.

I didn't take to her from the start and I never felt emotionally engaged by the choreography (James' fault?) but there were still moments when I was gobsmacked at the quality of her craftsmanship.

I loved Kimberley and Pasha from their first dance and very quickly got bored,even irritated by some of the others.Nicky Byrne seemed to love getting into the character of his routines and I delighted in sharing Victoria's (shaky) journey,but most of them just got harder to watch....except Denise who much as I would like to have dismissed her,gradually won my respect.
    Indeed,if Kimberley had not made the final,I would have bunged a few votes Denise's way.
    (My mother,who doesn't normally vote,voted in the final for Denise.)

Anybody who can win me over the way she did has a fair claim to have been 'robbed'.

http://i.imgur.com/dvaDp.gif
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha! That's lovely! I wish I were technically-minded. :cool:
  • kassieqkassieq Posts: 3,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha! That's lovely! I wish I were technically-minded. :cool:

Me too, I stole that from a post on Monkseal's blog. ;):)
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer KimBum.
    There's some good comments in the worst rated on the DM, I always look there first ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kassieq wrote: »
    No,those glasses aren't enough,I can still see the rest of 'em :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG, it's still going.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    OMG, it's still going.

It's the zombie thread,just won't lay down :D
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the zombie thread,just won't lay down :D

Truly a zombie thread in that it seems to have eaten quite a few brains...
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frally wrote: »

Love this comment by a reader of the DM article:-
    She shouldn't be allowed on holiday as she is a fully trained, professional dancer ..... totally unfair on all the other holidaymakers !!!

- david , chelseaville

At least 1 DM reader with a SoH !!