Who would you say is the most famous person out of these female singers?

Comments

• Sargeant80Sargeant80 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Price

She has more threads on DS than all the others put together so is clearly the most famous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Madonna
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd agree that Britney is probably the only person on that list who a six year old would know aswell as a 60 year old.
  • Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    definitely Madonna
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Madonna or maybe Beyonce/Adele
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    potatolegs wrote: »
    Really superficial question but who would you say is the biggest 'star' to you.

Rihanna
    Adele
    Katy Perry
    Mariah Carey
    Madonna
    Nicki Minaj
    Jessie J
    Beyonce
    Britney Spears
    Lady Gaga
    Taylor Swift
    Celine Dion
    Shania Twain
    Janet Jackson
    Katie Price lol

The most famous must be either Madonna or Celine Dion. If that's what you mean with star?

I would lean towards Madonna because she still makes the paper, but the truth is both have a repertoire from which almost everyone has heard at least 1 song...
    Everyone knows them (apart from maybe 70 years old and older). Maybe the younger generation knows Madonna better than Celine, but I don't think that she has been forgotten yet.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    I'd go with Britney Spears. She is still massive even now. There's still photos of her at least once a day in some major newspaper.

Sadly most children/teenagers these days actually don't know who Madonna is, which is why my vote went to Britney. Even young children today know Britney to some extent. The screams when she performed with Rihanna at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards show that she is still very popular.

I don't know if she'll still be as popular in another ten years time, as Madonna was still pretty popular in the early 2000s, but at the moment she gets my vote as she is the only artist on that list who I feel has both career length and current popularity.

So you think that anyone born before 1980 must be dead or incapable of switching on a radio ?
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dame Vera Lynn
  • cats academycats academy Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For "superficial" read "pointless".
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Everyone knows who Madonna is
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definately Madonna. I am a huge Madge fan. I've got her 2 disc greatest hits 'Celebration', plus 'The Immaculate Collection' and 'GHV2'. I also have 'Celebration' on DVD, plus three live shows on DVD: 'Ciao, Italia' from 1988, plus 'Confessions Tour' from 2006 and 'Sticky and Sweet Tour' from 2009.

Also, she's been around in the music business since 1983 and has over 50 hits to her name.

She's also been releasing singles a lot longer than the rest of the singers on this list.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna for sure.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah Carey, Madonna and Celine Dion.

From those three i would say Madonna as she is still quite active within the music industry, thus more relevalant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    So you think that anyone born before 1980 must be dead or incapable of switching on a radio ?

Um no... That's not what I said at all. What I was saying is that Britney is the only one on that list I believe would be known by people of all age groups.

Madonna, while hugely successful, is not well known by the younger population. I believe the large majority of people from five year olds to ninety five year olds have heard of Britney Spears for various reasons.

Thanks for the oddly hostile response though.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Madonna or Mariah Carey maybe
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna - definitely not Rihanna or Katie Price, can't stand those people :-/
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna and maybe in a few years if she continues with 'hit' records Adele will overtake her (or Rhianna).

Britney once was a huge star but I think she has fallen off now. Celine maybe but for a certain audience only.
  • MillysMommaMillysMomma Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna, without a shadow of a doubt!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Madonna then Dolly Parton then Britney then Cher!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be Madonna. She may not be the most popular but she is undoubtedly the most well known!
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I should have made a poll!!
    Madonna it is then!!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Madonna, because even my mother knows who Madonna is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna