mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
Forum Member
✭✭
where are they?

Comments

• mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw them a while ago in a fly on the wall documentary (it was a spoof) following them on a doomed attempt at a comeback. It was very funny and they were both great sports. It was a shame it was just a one-off.

Here is a link - it was actually a series, but I only recall seeing one or two episodes on TV. http://trinnyandsusannahwhattheydidnext.com/
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On QVC :p
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. Thanks to them we have an entire generation of middle aged women who think dressing like their daughters is a good idea. Their styling was ridiculous.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes QVC, pulling at women and saying tits and arse at the drop of a hat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of them just wasn't tv friendly and with the advent of HD tv it just wasn't an option.

She works in a well known charity shop undressing old ladies and making them try on dead peoples clothes now. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. Thanks to them we have an entire generation of middle aged women who think dressing like their daughters is a good idea. Their styling was ridiculous.

I think you need to get out more
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    MEW TOWN wrote: »
    One of them just wasn't tv friendly and with the advent of HD tv it just wasn't an option.

She works in a well known charity shop undressing old ladies and making them try on dead peoples clothes now. :(

Not sure why but that made me LOL :D
  • workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mizhog wrote: »
    where are they?

with any luck their on a rocket to Saturn.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    workhorse wrote: »
    with any luck their on a rocket to Saturn.

Oooh, harsh.

But fair. :D
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fat one ate the thin one in the end
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or was it the other way round?
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Jumbobones wrote: »
    The fat one ate the thin one in the end

Says this one to that one, oh you silly fat one...

(Anyone remember that rhyme?)
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    The audience sussed out that they were crap
  • Souffle GirlSouffle Girl Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Domeniico wrote: »
    I think you need to get out more

What a bizarre reply!
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like bits of their programmes............so there.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that type of 'bullying the public' TV is dying out; Weakest Link, Trinny and Susannah ... anyone remember House Doctor with Anne Maurice?

I didn't mind them, but they seemed to say the same thing every week and they had their day.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They got nicknamed 'Trinny and Tranny' by the great 'Viz' comic :D

To think that they started their career together when both of them worked for the Daily Telegraph's fashion section and went from there to TV-land aeons ago.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    ITV lured them from the BBC for a massive fee, not realising that people were already getting bored of them.

last thing I heard they were doing an online TV show, which is the TV equivalent of the washed-up actor doing a straight to DVD movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i used to find that show they did "What not to wear" was it called? quite funny at times
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Now their new show is called "What Not To Watch"
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There just wasn't room for both them and Gok, he won and banished them to QVC.

I used to like Susannah, she was all woman if a bit annoying, whereas Trinny was just dull.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trinny had a bit of a mid-life crisis a few years ago and was stalking Keanu Reeves. :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1043177/Trinny-chases-Keanu--speeds-direction.html
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were fabulous queens of fashion. We need them back
  • The DaneThe Dane Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    They are on Danish television at the moment, teaching Danish women how to dress the way they think Danish women should dress.

I don't know when the series was filmed, but I don't think it was that long ago. How long they spent in Denmark I don't know either.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dane wrote: »
    They are on Danish television at the moment, teaching Danish women how to dress the way they think Danish women should dress.

I don't know when the series was filmed, but I don't think it was that long ago. How long they spent in Denmark I don't know either.

So they have an international career...and to think people were mocking them:o