Have you ever cried at a Movie before?

Comments

• SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Titanic. With that stupid music and all the deaths I made me weep like a bitch.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I nearly cried this week when I finally watched Lars And The Real Girl. If you read the synopsis this doesn't seem like a film that should stoke up such emotion, but there's some beautifully touching moments towards the end of this beautiful, beautiful love story.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Yes, and I'm not really an openly emotional person.

The Perks of Being A Wallflower (in exactly the same places each time)
    Les Miserables
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chandleo wrote: »
    Les Miserables - most of the way through and especially the end - it felt like the entire purpose of the film was to make you a crying wreck!

Deep Impact - the newsreader on the beach as she says 'Daddy' gets me every time (and I usually maintain that anyone over the age if 10 who says daddy should be shot, don't even start me on the Lenor 'gimme' woman!).

My mum still can't watch The Snowman without crying at the end bless her!

My mum stops it before it ends as she doesn't like to watch it for this reason :)
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Sister's Keeper, Marley & Me and The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas to name a few.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Went to the pictures this afternoon with my grand daughter and husband to watch The Croods. First 3D film Ive ever seen . I cried . I know its only a kids film but there are bits that just got to me :rolleyes:
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Went to the pictures this afternoon with my grand daughter and husband to watch The Croods. First 3D film Ive ever seen . I cried . I know its only a kids film but there are bits that just got to me :rolleyes:

Yeah last week I had something in my eye during that film :)
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    E.T.
    Rocky II (When Adrian comes out of her coma and tells Rocky to win)
    Dumbo
    Bambi
    The Elephant Man
    There are more that I can't think of at the moment !
  • whohasmynameukwhohasmynameuk Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never cried (as far as I can remember) while watching a movie. Marley and me was a close one tho.
  • TedBovisTedBovis Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    In 'Babe', where the pig rounds up the sheep, the gate clicks shut and there's a second of absolute silence before the crowd erupts in cheers.

Gets me every time.
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the end of Toy Story 3
  • MordirithMordirith Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of Seven Pounds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Never except when I was four and cried at "Tarka the otter" when Tarkas dad was shot. I can still remember going hysterical in our lounge, and no I didn't cry when Bambis mum die. My mum turned the telly off, and to this day I've never seen the rest of it.
  • SmiffySmiffy Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    The end of Gladiator when what's her name says "Go to them" and that bloody music starts up. Going "goosey" now just thinking about it.
    And towards the end of "Cast Away" when Tom Hanks realises he's got to move on from his wife, the bit where it's raining and that bloody music starts again.
    It's music that does me in.
    :(:(:(:(:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never cried (as far as I can remember) while watching a movie. Marley and me was a close one tho.

this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, many times, most recently at Les Misérables. I also felt slightly emotional at the ending of Argo :o

Plenty of films in the past too, the ones that spring to mind are Schindler's List, Million Dollar Baby, Crash, The Lion King, The Fox and the Hound, To Kill A Mockingbird...

I agree for Les Mis and Argo. I actually didn't know the story of Argo so it was all new to me, the end result i mean.

I have to say though, i do feel the need to hold it in as much as possible when i'm actually at the cinema, not a fan of balling my eyes out in public! :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I cried watching 'My Girl' - great movie but sad ending :(
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Even though not historically accurate, this scene at the end of Spartacus always gets me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOWZpu8vS0c

I even got a little teary watching it just now.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum stops it before it ends as she doesn't like to watch it for this reason :)

The Snowman and the Snowdog is even more emotional!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    It's a Wonderful Life. The scene where George stops the chemist accidentally administering a fatal drug; the scene by George's brother's grave where Clarence tells George all the men on the transport in WW2 died because George hadn't been born so wasn't there to save his brother from drowning when he was little and the final scene where the people of Bedford Falls give George and Mary their donations. Filling up now just thinking about it.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched Bridge to Terabithia with the kids. They were fine but I could feel myself welling up and had to turn away.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toy Story 3.
  • BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 final scenes -

ET
    The Way We Were
    Brokeback Mountain
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Have to admit to Up, Les Mis and Toy Story 3.

Also, Love and Other Impossible Pursuits (aka The Other Woman)... 'that scene' between Lisa Kudrow and Natalie Portman makes me bawl (you should know which one I mean if you've seen it!). Both actresses gave amazing performances in that movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Forest Gump

When he's talking to Jenny's grave. Jesus Christ.