What causes your leg to shake?

Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
Forum Member
When you put your leg into an uncomfortable position for to long, it starts to shake on it's own, what causes this?

Comments

• pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    When you put your leg into an uncomfortable position for to long, it starts to shake on it's own, what causes this?

Isn't it something to do with trapped nerves?
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    pault2006 wrote: »
    Isn't it something to do with trapped nerves?

Not sure, I've tried googling it and found nowt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a knee trembler for years. :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My boyf suffers from restless leg syndrome......

or you could just have a trapped nerve, Parkinson's, or a little dog dry humping you......

If its worrying you go to a doctors....;)
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Something to do with the nerves in the leg.

Obviously the solution is not to put your leg into an uncomfortable position for too long.
  • pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    If its worrying you go to a doctors....;)

Don't tell him about the little dog dry-humping you, though.

:D
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this when you're in bed all still and all of a sudden it shakes out of the blue?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your talking about when you place your foot on the ball of your foot and it starts to tremble, its because of the muscle nerve endings misfiring. They are unsure if you are wanting to place your foot flat or lift your foot.

Personally though I like the dog humping idea :D
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking about uncomfortable leg positions, a guy at work got some of us trying an experiment the other day ~ how long can you stand on one leg with your eyes shut.

It's dead easy with your eyes open, but you try it with your eyes closed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,796
    Forum Member
    Tight trousers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,796
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Is this when you're in bed all still and all of a sudden it shakes out of the blue?
    Restless leg syndrome.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it only happens when you sit in an uncomfortable position then it's almost certainly due to pressure on a nerve or blood vessel.

If it occurs when at rest with your legs relaxed and straight there might be other reasons, including anxiety, stress or the elusive restless leg syndrome.
    Forum Member
    it tends to occur when I rest my legs on something (like another chair or my desk) and put them on top of each other (fold them slightly). The one on top twitches. I know it's nothing serious and that it happens to alot of people if they stay in that position for to long (e.g. when watching DVDs on your computer).
    Forum Member
    If your talking about when you place your foot on the ball of your foot and it starts to tremble, its because of the muscle nerve endings misfiring. They are unsure if you are wanting to place your foot flat or lift your foot.

Personally though I like the dog humping idea :D

Kind of like that yeah.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of like that yeah.

I knew you would sid
    :D:D
    Forum Member
    I knew you would sid
    :D:D

No I meant, it's kind of like that, the shaking thing lol.
  • CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    Not sure, I've tried googling it and found nowt.

Hmmm ... not tried that before ... I will be sure to try googling my leg the next time that it happens and see if it works for me. I'll let y'all know. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd say what others have said uncomfortable position or that might your nervous spot/sign of bad nerves or something could set that nerve off.

I know if I don't eat very well or panic about something easily my legs will shake and I will fall if I don't sit down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voluntarily twitch my foot when something annoys me:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    trapped nerves and trapped circulation ie not all the blood is being pumped around (resulting in pins and needles)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well, I'm the expert................:D
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    An earthquake in you pelvis?

Greeting business associates with your foot?

Mongoloidism?