Re-watching BB7 and I have a few questions/observations

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
Forum Member
✭✭
1. Why was Sezer hated so much? Yes, there's been alot of bragging from him and he's made a few arrogant comments but did he really deserve 91% of the vote, those awful boos and a reputation as "one of the worst housemates ever" on these forums? He stood up for the rest of the house when Richard and his cronies stole cider from them and tackled Richard in a calm and collected manner, and then stuck up for Imogen when Richard started calling her dull to her face. Not only that but he was always polite to everyone and seemed to care alot about his friends. He was extremely cocky and there was a few dodgy comments but I don't find him that bad? :o

2. How the hell did Mikey last so long? He's barely featured in the highlights except for mumbling a few comments. He's also throughout the series made SO MANY digs at Susie's control of the kitchen yet never spoke to her in private. He seems very passive aggressive at times and some of the comments he makes about Aisleyne after Grace is evicted is horrible. His total lack of respect for Susie when she got water thrown over her (he tells everyone to "just forget about it") is disgusting.

3. Why did everyone hate Aisleyne so much? When she was fake evicted to the HND, her and Nikki were on good terms and seemed to be quite close yet the second she appeared on the screen - to evict Jonathon - Nikki instantly said "what the **** is she doing her?" in disgust. Same with Jayne. Aisleyne did nothing wrong to her besides evict her and Jayne was sitting calling her a slag and a bitch in front of all the other HM's. :eek: Also the crowd were giving her horrible boos during her fake eviction and were heard chanting 'Get Aisleyne out' during some evictions. Why? She always seemed very caring, loyal and respectful to others and aside from being a bit dramatic at times, I thought she was lovely.

4. Same with Susie. Why on earth did she get those awful boos and Davina treating her like shit in her interview?

I've also found a new liking for Spiral in the show. He stood up to Big Brother when Aisleyne was crying after evicting Jonathon, he stood up to BB when they gave Glyn a joke meal for winning a walking task and he was always very polite to Susie and stood up for her at times. He also put Michael at ease in the best friends task when Michael was saying "I don't think Spiral will be comfortable with me" and Spiral yelled "Michael get yer ass over here! :D" and he put alot of thought into buying a him his gift for the task. Seemed to be a very genuine guy.

Is there anyone who could maybe post what HM's are friendly with who after the show? And if there were any arguments/spats between anyone in the press at all? I realise this is all seven years old but after re-watching the series all week I feel like i'm back in 2006. :p

edit - and while i'm here, were there any decent live feed moments that missed the HL's show? I'd love to know if there was anything positive surrounding Susie as she always looks so left out on the HL's sitting alone and standing herself whenever the group is together. :(

Comments

• kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed BB7. It's my favourite.

To give my own view on your questions.

1) Sezer's attitude didn't endear him to many viewers, but you are right; he did have his better moments and wasn't all bad. BB producers and viewers love to have a few villains and that was Sezer's role in the house as BB saw it.

2) Mikey lasted so long primarily by being pretty dull most of the time. Few people seemed to have a strong opinion on him and he wasn't in many evictions and when he was, there were always characters who the public wanted out more!

3)Not everyone hated Aisleyne and at the time she was evicted to the HND, she and Nikki were certainly not on good terms. This was the week of the 'know yourself' comment and both Nikki and Lea had been annoyed for a few weeks at Ash for monopolising (in their view) Pete's attention.

Much of Ash's seeming unpopularity was down to the generally pro-Nikki crowd. According to some on the old C4 forum there was a particularly loud group of Nikki fans that used to congregate very close to the entrance/exit to the house on eviction days and boo loudly at Ash.

When Ash returned to the house she tried to make amends with Nikki and in some ways overcompensated by being overly nice. This led some (particularly Nikki fans) to believe that Nikki was not just paranoid, as most of us- and certainly most of the housemates believed, but could see through the deception that had most of us ordinary folk fooled!:D The results of BB's personality tests didn't help either in my opinion. as they revealed that Ash scored the highest in the test for Machiavellian tendencies. Despite some reassurances from BB and several HMs that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing the 'Mach' label stuck and was used as a stick to beat Ash on the old C4 forum (probably this one as well) The psychologist on one of the spin off shows who said that as a machiavellian, Ash "valued power over friendships", certainly didn't help matters either.

4) Susie was just seen as dull by most people. I don't think she was particularly hated in comparison to many Hms that year, but neither did she have much of a following. Personally I liked the mothering role that she provided for Ash, who was far more vulnerable than she seemed in the early part of the series.

As for HMs post-show, Ash fell out with Richard and Lea and was initially scathing about Nikki, (obviously she heard a few things after the series), but the two later made up and seem to have a good relationship nowadays. Ash also stayed friends with Pete, Imogen, Glyn and Michael.

Grace and Mikey got married and are the longest surviving BB couple!

Pete and Nikki broke up pretty quickly and there was a fair bit of interest from the celeb mags over that.

I don't know if they are still on You-Tube, but there were some live feed segments available there as well as some very interesting Big Brother's Big Brain, Big Brother's Big Mouth and Diary Room Uncut episodes and clips!
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    1. Why was Sezer hated so much? Yes, there's been alot of bragging from him and he's made a few arrogant comments but did he really deserve 91% of the vote, those awful boos and a reputation as "one of the worst housemates ever" on these forums? He stood up for the rest of the house when Richard and his cronies stole cider from them and tackled Richard in a calm and collected manner, and then stuck up for Imogen when Richard started calling her dull to her face. Not only that but he was always polite to everyone and seemed to care alot about his friends. He was extremely cocky and there was a few dodgy comments but I don't find him that bad? :o

By then, Sezer was already so disliked that almost no one (in this forum anyway) saw it like that.

It's never been clear why he was so disliked. It's like people had an allergic reaction to him, but certainly his "Sezer's Palace" comment, his quick pairing with Imogen, his treatment of Shahbaz, and his saying he'd "bully" opinions out of Ash (so that Richard would defend her) didn't help.
    2. How the hell did Mikey last so long? He's barely featured in the highlights except for mumbling a few comments. He's also throughout the series made SO MANY digs at Susie's control of the kitchen yet never spoke to her in private. He seems very passive aggressive at times and some of the comments he makes about Aisleyne after Grace is evicted is horrible. His total lack of respect for Susie when she got water thrown over her (he tells everyone to "just forget about it") is disgusting.

What horrible comments did Mikey make about Aisleyne then? (I'm not saying he didn't; I just don't remember any.)

And how do we know he never spoke to Susie about the kitchen? Even the live feed doesn't show everything.

Anyway, one reason he lasted so long is that he was seldom up for the vote.
    3. Why did everyone hate Aisleyne so much? When she was fake evicted to the HND, her and Nikki were on good terms and seemed to be quite close yet the second she appeared on the screen - to evict Jonathon - Nikki instantly said "what the **** is she doing her?" in disgust. Same with Jayne. Aisleyne did nothing wrong to her besides evict her and Jayne was sitting calling her a slag and a bitch in front of all the other HM's. :eek: Also the crowd were giving her horrible boos during her fake eviction and were heard chanting 'Get Aisleyne out' during some evictions. Why? She always seemed very caring, loyal and respectful to others and aside from being a bit dramatic at times, I thought she was lovely.

Do such things as Ash saying Imogen was a man teef, or Ash telling Lea that Nikki was ******* mental and using Pete to stay in, fit the idea that she was lovely and always seemed caring, loyal and respectful?

Nikki and Ash were not on good terms when Ash was fake evicted, and indeed when Ash was in the HND she did quite a lot of bitching about Nikki.

But it was far from everyone who disliked Aisleyne. She always had very strong support here and on the C4 forum.
    4. Same with Susie. Why on earth did she get those awful boos and Davina treating her like shit in her interview?

Davina let Susie off very lightly, because she (Davina) was unprepared for Susie seeing nothing wrong with going to such lengths to get into BB and then doing nothing once she was there, or for Susie to state flat out that she'd gone in only for exposure.

The puzzling thing is why so many like or defend Susie. Normally, a HM like that would be very unpopular.
    edit - and while i'm here, were there any decent live feed moments that missed the HL's show? I'd love to know if there was anything positive surrounding Susie as she always looks so left out on the HL's sitting alone and standing herself whenever the group is together.

There were a lot of good moments that didn't make the highlights, but I don't recall anything especially good involving Susie.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »

When Ash returned to the house she tried to make amends with Nikki and in some ways overcompensated by being overly nice. This led some (particularly Nikki fans) to believe that Nikki was not just paranoid, as most of us- and certainly most of the housemates believed, but could see through the deception that had most of us ordinary folk fooled!:D

I think there has to be a question make over the way Ash acted when she came back from the HND. The way she was with Nikki was a bit odd, and inconsistent. I don't see how people can be sure her apologies were genuine and that she really thought of Nikki like a sister, etc. And she got close to Pete in ways that were bound to upset Nikki: not the sort of thing a friend would do.

Were Ash and Pete ever in the same bed after Nikki left? It wasn't long after when Ash had her convenient [thread=427914]'epiphany' about Pete[/thread].
    The results of BB's personality tests didn't help either in my opinion. as they revealed that Ash scored the highest in the test for Machiavellian tendencies. Despite some reassurances from BB and several HMs that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing the 'Mach' label stuck and was used as a stick to beat Ash on the old C4 forum (probably this one as well) The psychologist on one of the spin off shows who said that as a machiavellian, Ash "valued power over friendships", certainly didn't help matters either.

I don't think the Mach test results changed many minds, though it did become a convenient weapon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    I think there has to be a question make over the way Ash acted when she came back from the HND. The way she was with Nikki was a bit odd, and inconsistent. I don't see how people can be sure her apologies were genuine and that she really thought of Nikki like a sister, etc. And she got close to Pete in ways that were bound to upset Nikki: not the sort of thing a friend would do.

Were Ash and Pete ever in the same bed after Nikki left? It wasn't long after when Ash had her convenient [thread=427914]'epiphany' about Pete[/thread].

I don't think the Mach test results changed many minds, though it did become a convenient weapon.

I agree about the question mark, but as Ash has been consistent in stating that she never saw Nikki as her enemy and likes her, I think we can give her the benefit of the doubt. Of course it is possible that both women have decided to put on a friendly front post-BB, because they believe that it is in their interests, but they certainly seemed genuinely close when they were doing Coach trip together.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Davina let Susie off very lightly, because she (Davina) was unprepared for Susie seeing nothing wrong with going to such lengths to get into BB and then doing nothing once she was there, or for Susie to state flat out that she'd gone in only for exposure.

There were a lot of good moments that didn't make the highlights, but I don't recall anything especially good involving Susie.

I don't think Susie was let off lightly. If she (or her husband, allegedly) spent all that money trying to find the golden ticket just for her to go in there and make tea, then that's her business. Davina seemed appalled that a 40+ woman went into the house and didn't act like a teenager. And I remember her being quite sarcastic at the final when the ex-HMs come on and she asked Suzie about her "TV career"
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    tackled Richard in a calm and collected manner

Hmmm, he did start yelling in Richard's face, had to be dragged away, kicked something on the ground and then had to be called to the diary room by a very loud BB voice. Which overshadowed most of what else happened that night.
    His defense of Imogen didn't look so admirable given his comments about Aisleyne AS SOON as she entered the house. He even said he'd 'bully' her and Sam to get information out of them and drive them out of the house.
    Plus he was criticizing Lea all week about why she should be ashamed of herself and will go in the eviction. I mean saying you're going to stay in an eviction is just asking for trouble.
    How much leeway did this guy want? lol
    It's very hard to think of much positive to recommend about him. Though if he behaved in the house like he did in his eviction interview then he may have not been as disliked.

As for Mikey, his good qualities were more apparent. He was more laid-back and could be quite witty, and was rather popular with most of the house. I think his loyalty to Grace did motivate him to never give Susie much of a chance, but I think Susie was rather difficult to warm to. He certainly had a temper though, and this eventually cost him.

Aisleyne is a tough one. I guess some of the housemates thought she behaved rather inconsistently with them, so weren't sure what they were going to get from her. Also, the psychology show did try to label her as the girl most into her looks and wearing revealing clothes to win the boys favour, which seemed a bit unfair to me. She was a big character and had many good and bad qualities, so was bound to be very divisive with passionate lovers and dislikers.
    I think Nikki took things too far though, she kept making a problem when all Aisleyne was trying to do was make amends and for it to be over. I think this is part of the reason why Nikki was evicted and not Aisleyne in that mammoth eviction.

Susie didn't deserve such a negative reception, but I think it was based on getting the boring tag and being a privileged older woman who had little in common with most BB viewers. Also, hearing that she was there for a TV career and used her husband's wallet to help get her into the house wouldn't exactly endear her to most people.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was Sezer hated so much? Yes, there's been alot of bragging from him and he's made a few arrogant comments but did he really deserve 91% of the vote, those awful boos and a reputation as "one of the worst housemates ever" on these forums? He stood up for the rest of the house when Richard and his cronies stole cider from them and tackled Richard in a calm and collected manner, and then stuck up for Imogen when Richard started calling her dull to her face. Not only that but he was always polite to everyone and seemed to care alot about his friends. He was extremely cocky and there was a few dodgy comments but I don't find him that bad? :o

6:44 until 12:07: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXuPbQaT58&list=PLoi03RgROpy9MUFv_lpoQkYsHhGMAN1BA&index=45
    Why did everyone hate Aisleyne so much? When she was fake evicted to the HND, her and Nikki were on good terms and seemed to be quite close yet the second she appeared on the screen - to evict Jonathon - Nikki instantly said "what the **** is she doing her?" in disgust. Same with Jayne. Aisleyne did nothing wrong to her besides evict her and Jayne was sitting calling her a slag and a bitch in front of all the other HM's. :eek: Also the crowd were giving her horrible boos during her fake eviction and were heard chanting 'Get Aisleyne out' during some evictions. Why? She always seemed very caring, loyal and respectful to others and aside from being a bit dramatic at times, I thought she was lovely.

Jayne seemed very bitter about Aisleyne choosing her first to "evict". With Nikki, I think it could have been the "know yourself" comment that made Nikki be quite nasty about her behind her back. I can remember her glee in the HND when Grace came back and said she'd shown her what for, and also when Aisleyne was worried about the crowd's reaction when she left and wondering whether to wear her original eviction outfit which was quite revealing, Nikki tried to get her to wear it, knowing that the crowd wouldn't like her for it. Thankfully though, from watching them both on Coach Trip, they do both seem fine with each other now.
    Same with Susie. Why on earth did she get those awful boos and Davina treating her like shit in her interview?

Nikki's "who is she?" rant, which was about Susie. People say she didn't do much, but in a way, she was partly responsible for one of the most memorable BB moments ever. Another very memorable moment from that year was something that Susie was also partly responsible for, and that was when Grace threw water over her just before her eviction. I also remember the automated BB nominations, where BB made her wait for about half an hour before nominating. If it was any other HM, they would have probably sworn and shouted at BB. But Susie just got angry in her posh, polite way, which I found amusing. Out of the HMs that were left, I thought she was the perfect choice:

24:44 until 31:08ish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6iD4HoCklQ&list=PLoi03RgROpy_KzrtJRssGdDMz6VNVzx0s&index=19
    I've also found a new liking for Spiral in the show. He stood up to Big Brother when Aisleyne was crying after evicting Jonathon, he stood up to BB when they gave Glyn a joke meal for winning a walking task and he was always very polite to Susie and stood up for her at times. He also put Michael at ease in the best friends task when Michael was saying "I don't think Spiral will be comfortable with me" and Spiral yelled "Michael get yer ass over here! :D" and he put alot of thought into buying a him his gift for the task. Seemed to be a very genuine guy.

Spiral was very bitter about Aisleyne "turning him down". He literally refused to even look at her during the BBLB reunion show, instead deliberately turning away for her entire interview with Dermot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susie during her automated noms "I have more important things to do" :P
  • dan_dan_ Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for HMs post-show, Ash fell out with Richard and Lea

Ooh really, do you know why?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan_ wrote: »
    Ooh really, do you know why?

if I remember correctly, they claimed that she hogged the limelight when they appeared together at various events and thought she or her agent were responsible for paps showing up when they had social get-togethers!
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I had forgotten Jenny existed. Getting old..
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    Well I had forgotten Jenny existed. Getting old..
    she won a free pass to the final i wonder if she wished she hadnt when she was first out in the final and davina told her she had got 0.9% of the vote
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    she won a free pass to the final i wonder if she wished she hadnt when she was first out in the final and davina told her she had got 0.9% of the vote

Oh thanks for this :D me a huge bb fan & I forgot
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if I remember correctly, they claimed that she hogged the limelight when they appeared together at various events and thought she or her agent were responsible for paps showing up when they had social get-togethers!

I remember Aisleyne's bits regularly flopping out whenever paps were in her vicinity post-BB.