X Factor 2013 panel, what I think will happen.

noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok, first and foremost, thinking back over the years, the choices of judges has been pretty predictable, with the exception of Dannii and Tulisa (did not really see them getting it) so, I have used that knowledge we have of predictable judge choosing.

Louis will probably stay, and I think Louis will be there to the end, whether we love him or hate him.

Tulisa, I think is going, and I really would not be surprised if a certain Rita Ora takes her place on the panel, I really do think Simon is harassing Rita to do the show as we know she did confirm she turned the offer down, but I really do think Simon will keep asking (like he did with Cheryl) until she gives in and says "oh for gods sake, FINE! I will do it!".

Gary, he is waving goodbye IMO, if he does, I think Labrinth will sign up to the show, he is signed by Cowell, so that makes him cheaper than he would be if he would be signed by EMI (for example).

Nicole, I hope she stays, but if she does leave, I think Simon will look at girl groups, maybe Frankie Sandford along those lines.

Simon really needs to think outside the box with his choices of judges, like he did with Demi on the USA version, I did not see that one coming, somebody interesting, and not rushed, IMO he rushed it with Nicole, in a moment of panic, he asked all the guest judges from that year and luckily Nicole was the one who finally got it, and yes, she proved a success, but I think Simon/ITV producers need a long sit down, and talk about who they think will pick the show up, somebody unusual and with a personality, and most importantly CREDENTIALS TO JUDGE! I am fed up of people sitting on the panel with about 5 minutes experience themselves!

That is my view, whether you agree or not, comment your ideas, maybe, Simon will stumble on the website and take our ideas into consideration.. doubtful !

Comments

• 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    So you want Rita Ora, Labrinth & Frankie Sandford- who have about 5 years of industry experience between them!
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me personally I think a panel consisting of:-

Louis Walsh, Grace Jones, Marina Diamandis and Kelly Jones (sterophonics)
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you want Rita Ora, Labrinth & Frankie Sandford- who have about 5 years of industry experience between them!

No absolutely not, I said they are who I think Simon would choose, not who I want on the panel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I would like Gary, Dannii, Louis and Nicole.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me personally I think a panel consisting of:-

Louis Walsh, Grace Jones, Marina Diamandis and Kelly Jones (sterophonics)

Marina definitely. She's absolutely beautiful, talented and actually knows what she's talking about. As for Gary's replacement, it needs to be someone who's very experienced in the pop industry. Robbie would be good but I can't see him doing it. I would like someone who's never had any past connections with the show. A BIG star.

Louis and Nicole should stay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a given that Louis and Nicole will stay. They tend to pick a young female who is just starting a solo career - Cheryl, Tulisa - so perhaps they should get over that idea and chose someone else instead. Someone from a proper band that is male perhaps and another manager/exec? Just leave Nicole as the one female as in The Voice.

I'd hate Paloma Faith and her great wide gob to get on the panel, frankly.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Can we actually be realistic about this?

There's no way Grace or Marina are doing it. Grace I think has refused before??? Can we make panels based off what MAY actually happen?

Current panel:
    Confirmed: 1st Judge - Nicole - she has done REALLY well this year, there is no way Simon is letting her go, esp. with the measly salary he gave her. Realistically she is the only one confirmed.

Maybes: Gary - he has the producers on his side but Simon against
    Louis however has Simon on his side but the producers against him

This makes me think either both or neither will return - there is a massive conflict of interest here. If we have Louis leaving and Gary staying for example - then Simon will be seriously annoyed and the producers unfairly gaining everything. However, if we have Gary leaving and Louis staying, then Simon will be seriously advantaged and the producers will be pissed off. That makes me think either both or neither will stay to be fair to BOTH producers and Simon!

Out: Tulisa will get sacked (pretty much confirmed) that leaves one place open AT LEAST or THREE.

So the likelies to replace Tulisa:

2nd Judge - Sharon. Sharon. Sharon. Simon and producers BOTH want back to basics. I can't see this going any other way. When Cheryl and Dannii have BOTH specifically said they're not returning. Getting Kelly back would be random (because she wasn't around in the beginning or when the series had its peak) but still possible. I still think for back to basics: Sharon is the most likely. It's just too obvious.

Now if the producers and Simon get their way, you could potentially see both Louis and Gary going. So, if this happens, they've got to get two new judges. Two that both can agree on obviously. So who does that conceivably leave? Preferably someone who they've been able to judge before and then a newbie. So what guest judges have we had?

3rd Judge (if G and L leave): Geri Halliwell, Leona Lewis, Rita Ora, Mel B, Anastacia, Alex Burke and Katy Perry. Now let's eliminate the obvious. Mel B has said NO. Rita Ora has said NO. Katy Perry has said NO (on the Graham Norton show when she was asked because she's good friends with Cheryl too, I think it would be highly unlikely for her to just stab her bessie in the back).

So that leaves Geri Halliwell, Leona, Alex, Anastacia. I think if Gary does somehow stay and Louis leaves, Geri would be the perfect choice. And considering the way they brought Cheryl and Kelly who have moved from a girl group to being solo singers, I think it would suit Geri...though I think it's a bit late...

Alex and Leona are also suspiciously likely. However, I think both want to focus on their careers having been given a second chance essentially by their record labels. Therefore, I don't think either will, especially Alex considering she's not even part of Syco anymore. Leona is and it could be a good way to revive her career, but 1) she's not going to make a good/controversial/entertaining judge (I love Leona but seriously), 2) she has a tour to complete, she needs to promote her album. She can't be preforming WHEN her album has JUST been released, Cheryl never did that, she did promote her singles but didn't do anything else. Anastacia was a nobody while she was on (sorry to be harsh but that's what the producers will be thinking, at least Nicole had some influence in 2010, she also looked animated, and it just basically worked). So it's either Geri or Mel C.

4th Judge - this is very much open to debate (if G + L both leave). I am suspicious in thinking that if Geri is not the 3rd judge she may be the 4th. I am very sure a Spice Girl will join! So if Geri is not on the panel at all, I think Mel C may do it.

Now who has been considered? Who has not rejected the offer:

1) David Bowie - trying to recover his career and make a comeback, this could potentially be good for him, he would also be a good head judge,

2) Robbie - if Gary does stay then I am suspicious in thinking Robbie may join too IF Geri does not,

So in conclusion, here are my potential panels in order of likelihood:

Panel 1:
    Nicole, Sharon, Gary, Louis

Panel 2:
    Nicole, Sharon, Robbie, Gary

Panel 3:
    Nicole, Sharon, Geri, Gary

Panel 4:
    Nicole, Sharon, Mel C, David

Panel 5:
    Nicole, Sharon, Mel C, Robbie
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Word is Sharon's going to XF Australia. Could be a bluff though.

This is the third year of panel changes. Whoever is in this year I hope will stay more than one year. It concerns me the X Factor is all about the judges lately when it should be about the acts.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »

This is the third year of panel changes. Whoever is in this year I hope will stay more than one year. It concerns me the X Factor is all about the judges lately when it should be about the acts.

If Sharon is off to Australia then, given recent rumours, a Cheryl return could end up in the cards. I can't see why they'd look beyond Sharon (who could just be what X Factor needs) unless Cheryl or Dannii would agree to come back.

Dannii has already turned down a return and ruled it out in the future, as well as joining Next Top Model, whilst Cheryl rumoured to be going back to X Factor USA as part of her suing them. It could well be that Cheryl could be negotiating a return to X Factor UK with Mrs O pushed out, and given the Australia job as a sweetener. It's odd that it seemed all but confirmed that she'll be back, and then suddenly shes off to Australia. As above though it could just be a bluff.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of me thinks they should just drop Tulisa and go with Gary, Nicole and Louis and see what happens - you have the same dynamic as the first three series then; two mad judges and a serious one. Plus there wouldn't be much of a change from the previous series.

They'd have to accept that the show would start low, relatively speaking, and hopefully grow rather than regaining lost ground straight away but it would give it some stability and, if it's obvious from the auditions that it's not going to work, they can introduce another judge at a future stage.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noonan15 wrote: »

Tulisa, I think is going, and I really would not be surprised if a certain Rita Ora takes her place on the panel, I really do think Simon is harassing Rita to do the show as we know she did confirm she turned the offer down, but I really do think Simon will keep asking (like he did with Cheryl) until she gives in and says "oh for gods sake, FINE! I will do it!".

Personally, I don't think Rita should do the show. She's only just starting out

In the DS story, 'Rita Ora reveals 'X Factor' judging talk with Cowell' - she says she met Simon at the Brits and that he thanked her for doing the guest appearance. But then she says:
    and then he looked at me, he gave me that look like there's something coming but he never asked me...

...Joking about "the look" that Cowell gave her, she said: "I'm like, what does that even mean? Like, 'I'll call you later', or, 'I'm never going to call you again?' Which one is it?"

:confused: she also goes on to say she wouldn't do the show anyway. :o:o

Technically, he hasn't actually asked her to do it (according to that article) but I keep seeing stories about her 'turning it down' :confused: I can't help but think it's just publicity
    noonan15 wrote: »
    Gary, he is waving goodbye IMO, if he does, I think Labrinth will sign up to the show, he is signed by Cowell, so that makes him cheaper than he would be if he would be signed by EMI (for example).

I don't think Labrinth would do the show either. He's only starting out too and besides performing on the show, I can't see him wanting to be associated with the show.

UK show: Nicole, Louis, Mel B, ?
    US show: Simon, Ne-yo, female record exec, Cheryl.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Part of me thinks they should just drop Tulisa and go with Gary, Nicole and Louis and see what happens - you have the same dynamic as the first three series then; two mad judges and a serious one. Plus there wouldn't be much of a change from the previous series.

Personally, I wouldn't mind this ^^
    I thought Gary and Nicole got on well and they had good banter between them - as you say, one's serious, one isn't.
  • saiwongsaiwong Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, TPTB must make changes to make ther show appeal to a wider audience.

I feel that too much attention has been paid to the 'joke' acts each year and less attention to the talent.

This is why I feel so many people are switching off X-Factor. It has become a 'joke' act show rather than a talent show.

Louis has always had an eye for the 'joke' act and selects then for the live shows.

I think TPTB need to get rid of Louis and tell the new judges to focus more on talent than 'joke' acts.
    This will bring more credabilty to the show.

I like Tulisa, she mentored Little Mix and they have done very well.
    Personally, I would get rid of Nicole and Louis

Also the format of the show brings bias to the judging panel in terms of the sing-off. When judges save or back less talented contestants the show looses credabilty.
    Maybe instead have the 'judges save' once per season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    sharon, louis, nicole, possibly will young...
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Tulisa and I have a feeling if she stays she'll rectify her wrongs from last year and will become likable again. Although if she plans on releasing another album she should take her time with it and go for either Urban or Dance. Not both, but anyway that's another topic.

Louis is staying whether we like it or not. (I like him so I don't mind). He's the only judge to ever go and get brought back the.

Gary's replacement I'm unsure of. Just not Robbie Williams. I'd be fine with Will Young like many have suggested but Simon does not like him so he won't get it. Max Clifford or someone from behind the scenes would be good. Or someone from a band.

I want Nicole to go. A full series of her attention seeking would be unbearable. If Tulisa was to got to I'd want the two of them replaced by Lily Rose Cooper (nee Allen) and Gerri Halliwell. Gerri's been about for ever and was part of the most successful girl band ever & had quite a good solo career for a bit. Lily Allen has a great solo career, especially in the UK (2 number 1 singles, 7 top 10's, 1 number 1 and 1 number 2 album which both went 3x Platinum) she also writes her own material.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I want nicole back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be good to be rid of all the joke and cheesy acts this year. We've had the lot now - none of whom have ever won but got close enough to be a problem for ITV (I am of course thinking of last year's Christopher) so this should be a warning to only allow through relevant singers.

Tulisa, to be fair, only seemed sullen because she, like many of us on here, thought that Christopher was going to win. As he very nearly did.
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now who has been considered? Who has not rejected the offer:

1) David Bowie - trying to recover his career and make a comeback, this could potentially be good for him, he would also be a good head judge

I like X Factor but David Bowie should never do it. It has hurt Gary Barlow because we have seen a not-that-nice side to him from time to time. And I have, like a lot of people, the utmost respect for David Bowie. It would absolutely kill his legendary image.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis however has Simon on his side but the producers against him

Where do you get the idea the producers are against Louis?

I think Louis has said all along he wants to do series 10 and then probably go. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't let him do that - it needs an experienced person on the panel who knows the format to get the right *ahem* "outcomes" out of the rest of the judges or you'd just get all the good acts going through and it'd be boring ...

.. and as for Mel C - i think she'll be touring with Jesus Christ Superstar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like -

Plan B, Mollie King, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh. :p

Random, but I think it'd be an interesting one.
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mollie King ? Or you can leave the seat empty, it won't make a difference.
    Forum Member
    I think we're going to get Mel B and Robbie tbh. There's no way Simon's letting go of Mel B for the UK version when she hit it off really well.

I think it's going to end up being Gary, Nicole, Mel B, Robbie. I would really like that panel tbh. You've got 4 big personalities. Gary and Robbie would be great. Nicole and Gary are already great together. Robbie and Mel B together would be hilarious. This line-up would be PERfect.

All I want is for that sack of ripe potatoes Louis to go. Louis needs to go.:mad:

The latest in judging news:

Mel B still in talks:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/mel-b-in-talks-to-judge-x-factor-2013-8512809.html

Tulisa seems to be a confirmed axe and Robbie seems increasingly likely to take her place:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4816515/tulisa-angry-at-x-factor-axe.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we're going to get Mel B and Robbie tbh. There's no way Simon's letting go of Mel B for the UK version when she hit it off really well.

I think it's going to end up being Gary, Nicole, Mel B, Robbie. I would really like that panel tbh. You've got 4 big personalities. Gary and Robbie would be great. Nicole and Gary are already great together. Robbie and Mel B together would be hilarious. This line-up would be PERfect.

All I want is for that sack of ripe potatoes Louis to go. Louis needs to go.:mad:

The latest in judging news:

Mel B still in talks:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/mel-b-in-talks-to-judge-x-factor-2013-8512809.html

Tulisa seems to be a confirmed axe and Robbie seems increasingly likely to take her place:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/4816515/tulisa-angry-at-x-factor-axe.html

You just want Louis to go.

It won't be Mel B AND Robbie. And not at the cost of Louis - he's not going.
  • justjjustj Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    I think the panel will be
    Louis-Sharon-Nicole-Gary
    Forum Member
    You just want Louis to go.

It won't be Mel B AND Robbie. And not at the cost of Louis - he's not going.

Why do you like Louis so much. Sorry to speak for almost everyone...but he's the least liked judge and most want him to go. Have you seen the Yougov poll? I know you may like Louis, but the majority consensus is that he's annoying. Did you notice in the article where Tulisa is said to get the axe on DM, the only thing people have been saying is to get rid of Louis too?

Sorry but I'm not the only one. You may like Louis but the majority don't (check yougov).