'Misery' Remake

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
Forum Member
Wouldnt it be great if they made a remake, The original with Kathy Bates and James Caan was amazing! :D But id love to see another version!

What do u think? :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the original film is great, and a remake would add nothing.

What do you think needs changing?
  • broadzbroadz Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the best movie of a Stephen King novel - I can't imagine it being bettered by releasing a newer version of it. Certainly can't imagine anybody portraying Annie Wilkes better than Kathy Bates did. And we definitely don't want Stephen King getting his hands on it the same way he did with the watered-down made-for-TV version of The Shining that came out five or so years ago - that was abysmal. Best left alone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    razzauk16 wrote:
    Wouldnt it be great if they made a remake, The original with Kathy Bates and James Caan was amazing! :D But id love to see another version!

Awful idea, if the original was amazing then there's certainly no need for a remake IMO.
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    nup bad idea
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    razzauk16 wrote:

Amongst the worst of bad ideas I have come across in a long long time. Sorry.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see any possible reasonable reason to remake this film whatsoever.
    It's a fine enough film as it is.

What's to change?
    Do they need to add flashy special effects for a 'modern audience'.

I've see this term bandied around a lot recently, where TV or film production tries to flog something to us by claiming something's being made for a 'modern audience'.
    Which often tends to result in the finished product being about just style and zero substance, and a very poor end result.
  • Jamie181Jamie181 Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Terrible idea. The movie is still not all that old.

And anyone who tried to take on the role of Kathy Bates character would be writing themselves one long suicide note as far as their career is concerned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather than a remake, why don't you just read the book and imagine who YOU want each character to be. Problem solved. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no way. The film is fantastic,but i wish they featured more in the film of what happened to Paul in the book - Annie is much nastier!

She chops his thumb off and cuts his feet off with an axe before burning the open wounds!
  • Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tellyholic wrote:
    She chops his thumb off and cuts his feet off with an axe before burning the open wounds!

I can picture Ben Affleck in the role, with a few retakes just to get it right :D
  • grumpymonkeygrumpymonkey Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    razzauk16 wrote:

what on earth for? it's not even as though they need to simplify it for an american audience, cos it's ummm....already american. :confused:
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good film because of the performances and because they stuck to King's book (although they didn't go as far with the content level...but there's probably only about 2 King films that have done ever). But you've GOT to admit that this wasn't a difficult film to make, what with most of it being in that one room and James Caan is just in bed. Something like IT is much more difficult to adapt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh.. Hollywood, where if it ain't broke, they break it.
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt be surprised to see a remake one day, though...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    razzauk16 wrote:

You have to be joking
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    Er absolutely no need for a remake at all. The film is genius.
  • ready2watchready2watch Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think anyone could be as good as Kathy Bates, but i would still like to see a remake, but Kathy Bates is Annie.
  • DazballerDazballer Posts: 2,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    remakes should be banned.
  • RaytopsRaytops Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    bad idea.......
  • BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    No! This is a near perfect movie!
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Barbra, bumping this thread, you dirty birdy

I agree with everyone else on this seven year old thread, no need to remake it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    razzauk16 wrote: »

No, it wouldn't be "great" :mad:

Just like most remakes are never great.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    razzauk16 wrote: »
    Wouldnt it be great if they made a remake

why would it be great? :confused

eta: just saw this thread is from 2006, what the heck? :confused: