Another Simpsons Charaters getting killed off.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,119
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I heard on Radio 1 that there is rumors of another Simpsons charaters getting killed off from the show.Could it be Mr Burn Krusty The Clown who could it be It might be Grampa Simpsons or it could be Lisa Simpson. :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Well done!

Your thread has the worst spelling, grammar and syntax of any so far this month.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha ha. Very rarely has a first post and a first reply made me laugh. Thanks you guys!

Paddy :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote:
    Ha ha ha. Very rarely has a first post and a first reply made me laugh. Thanks you guys!

Paddy :D
    The second reply made me laugh as well, with your incessant use of a pointless "signature" in all of your posts. No one else feels the need, why you?
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway...

I don't think it'll be Lisa, Grampa or Mr B, because they are core characters. It'll probably be someone like Lenny or Carl in an accident at SNPP.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can they kill off the whole cast and let the show die a death it should have done years ago?
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    If it's a death it might be at the end of the series and relise it was a dream at the start of the next.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should or could finish the show after the film and it look's like a flop already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon it will be Abe.

There is an interesting article in today's Guardian about the film.

I don’t think the film will be a flop per se. You have to bear in mind that a lot of people (myself included) have grown up with this show and there is a great nostalgic feeling towards it. Now, as to whether it’s any good...
  • xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The film would have been better off coming out 15 years ago... when Simpson's mania was at its greatest - remember Bart's song? lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the film will revive Simpsons' mania.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it does, it will only be for the old episodes. The new ones are awful. They should have used the film as a way to end the show for good.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The second reply made me laugh as well, with your incessant use of a pointless "signature" in all of your posts. No one else feels the need, why you?
    Because I feel like it? And I'm not the only one who does, maybe you should ask them why as well?

Paddy :D (:D An extra smile just for you Informant!)
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simpsons Mainia is still here in our house anyway but this is mainly coming from me.
  • sgt.cryersgt.cryer Posts: 3,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Simpsons film will clean up at the box office. a whole new generation is enoying it now and used to the newer episodes
  • snossissnossis Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as the new ones still pull an audience, it will continue.

It still regularly garners 8 or 9 or 10 mill for a new episode in the States - way below what the top shows get (American Idol on 25 mill for example) but not too far from the 9 - 10 mil that shows like Lost, Cold Case and Family Guy garner.

A new episode on Sky One over here generally garners half a mill - more than '24'.

And as Troy McClure himself said - 'Who knows what adventures they'll have between now, and the time the show becomes unprofitable!'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing a character like Maude, someones Main Characters wife or husband, someone who wont be missed.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pardon my ignorance (not my grammar) - but who was the first character to get killed off? I have completely forgot!

I saw a trailer for the movie on the latest Simpsons DVD it looked funny'ish. I'll be watching because of the novelty movie feature length element...as long as Ricky Gervais has nothing to do with it...we'll be safe.
  • QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Or which actor has not accepted their new contract!
  • QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Pardon my ignorance (not my grammar) - but who was the first character to get killed off? I have completely forgot!

I saw a trailer for the movie on the latest Simpsons DVD it looked funny'ish. I'll be watching because of the novelty movie feature length element...as long as Ricky Gervais has nothing to do with it...we'll be safe.

Maud Flanders was famously killed off after her voice actress left.

The first character (I believe) to die in the Simpsons was Bleedin' Gums Murphy, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the new episodes tend to grow on me rather than being instant classics.

yes its past its "best" but with the simpsons even a poor episode is very good by general tv standards!

I just wish the DVD box sets would be released quicker.
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjm wrote:

I just wish the DVD box sets would be released quicker.

Considering the wealth of extras - I think they do release them quickly.

Would you rather have them without all the commentaries...etc?

Anyway, one every four or five months is better than it eventually will be...one a year!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Quizmike wrote:
    Maud Flanders was famously killed off after her voice actress left.

The first character (I believe) to die in the Simpsons was Bleedin' Gums Murphy, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Or was it Dr Marvin Monroe? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otto will be killed off, because Harry Shearer hates doing his voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nibb wrote:
    Or was it Dr Marvin Monroe? :confused:

Marvin Monroe wasn't killed off. He reappeared a few years back.
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a strange feeling it could be Sideshow Bob.