The Real Housewives of Orange County starts Monday 31st January at 3:40pm on ITV2!

TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thought I'd start a thread for anybody watching at the ITV2 pace.

I am a massive fan of the New Jersey version, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Comments

• JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite one is the New York Housewives.
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »

I have seen some of that, it's very good indeed.

Will you be watching OC housewives on Monday?:D
  • zippy00zippy00 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Thank you Elf, I wouldn't have noticed it was on. I've only ever seen the New Jersey one so looking forward to this x
  • JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »
    I have seen some of that, it's very good indeed.

Will you be watching OC housewives on Monday?:D

Yes i'll be watchin :)
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »

Me too :D Love it.

Watching this on Diva. Mon to Fri at 9.00pm. I know it's well behind US, season three I think. I do hope Diva channel continue with the episodes daily, as we could catch up with the US at this rate.

The weirdo's Alex and husband, TV gold. Kelly OMG how strange is she. Beth has just had a date with a gorgeous french ex model - hope that goes the distance.
  • TheElfTheElf Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good opening episode. I really enjoyed it, what did everybody else think? :)
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »
    Me too :D Love it.

Watching this on Diva. Mon to Fri at 9.00pm. I know it's well behind US, season three I think. I do hope Diva channel continue with the episodes daily, as we could catch up with the US at this rate.

The weirdo's Alex and husband, TV gold. Kelly OMG how strange is she. Beth has just had a date with a gorgeous french ex model - hope that goes the distance.

Its repeated on Sat afternoons as well - 3 episodes back to back. Loving it - does anyone remember Bethenny from The Apprentice Martha Stewart - she came 2nd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheElf wrote: »
    Good opening episode. I really enjoyed it, what did everybody else think? :)

I thought it was going to be a new series :confused: but its the very first episode, so old, it even older than the ones I am following on the Diva channel (mon to fri 9 and 10 pm) and even they are nearly 2/3 years old.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magsy56 wrote: »
    Its repeated on Sat afternoons as well - 3 episodes back to back. Loving it - does anyone remember Bethenny from The Apprentice Martha Stewart - she came 2nd.

Didn't watch Martha Stewart, seems like Bethenny is the one who has really 'made it' off the back of the Real Housewives, I read she recently came second on Dancing on Ice in the states.

Tonight on Diva New York wives series 2 ended and it looks like series 3 starts off tonight. I am hoping that Diva keep up the pace with these series and bring us up todate with America.
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »
    Didn't watch Martha Stewart, seems like Bethenny is the one who has really 'made it' off the back of the Real Housewives, I read she recently came second on Dancing on Ice in the states.

Tonight on Diva New York wives series 2 ended and it looks like series 3 starts off tonight. I am hoping that Diva keep up the pace with these series and bring us up todate with America.

The Martha Stewart Apprentice was shown here on one of the food or style Sky channels - I only found it when I couldn't sleep one night and was channel hopping. Bethenny was a real bitch on this show - by UK standards anyway maybe not by New York, 'go-getter' standards. In the final she lost to a magazine publisher who obviously was right up Ms Stewart's street, but Bethenny definitely let herself down by not thanking any of her chosen team mates at the end of the final task - it seemed ungracious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series is a bit ugh IMO, my least favourite as I cant stand Alex and Gretchen and Vicky is even more obnoxious than usual.

The Real Ho's of Beverley Hills is by far and away my favourite, they make the OC lot look like peasants they are SOOOO rich. The first series has just wrapped Hopefully they'll show it over here. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the couple of episodes I watched. Having been on bravo website, there are six series and this was the first. Dont know if they are going to show any more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone watching this? Ive got into it. Slade is so controlling/ irritating and, having googled what happens to him in the next 4 years, it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Is anyone watching this? Ive got into it. Slade is so controlling/ irritating and, having googled what happens to him in the next 4 years, it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.:D
    :D Agreed. Slade the slime ball. I dont know about the series he made with Jo called "Date My Ex" it should have been called Pimp myself out for my 15 minutes.

Is he still with Gretchen?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    :D Agreed. Slade the slime ball. I dont know about the series he made with Jo called "Date My Ex" it should have been called Pimp myself out for my 15 minutes.

Is he still with Gretchen?

According to his court papers for the 84,000 child support arrears he is in, the money he earns from this show is paid via Gretchen.

He makes my flesh crawl. I was watching the episode where he turned up at the party with his new girlfriend, four days after he split with Jo. Jo is equally annoying, but Slade's home was foreclosed, he owes all this money in child support, so I dont get why he was trying to buy Jo and gave an impression of wealth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad I have found some fellow real housewives fans!! I have watched the new jersey version
    (Channel 4 pace) and the orange county version (ITV2 pace). I am aware we are well behind USA but I dont mind at all! Looks like I have missed the versions on Diva? anyone know if they are repeated anytime soon?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tykechick wrote: »
    Glad I have found some fellow real housewives fans!! I have watched the new jersey version
    (Channel 4 pace) and the orange county version (ITV2 pace). I am aware we are well behind USA but I dont mind at all! Looks like I have missed the versions on Diva? anyone know if they are repeated anytime soon?

Series 3 has just started and its on at 3.45 pm and then again the next morning. New people today and Lauri's wedding is in this series.
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I found this thread.

I'm loving this programme I didn't know there was more from different parts of the US!

I agree that Slade is very controlling and actually I find him a bit creepy. His son that lives/ed with Jo and him is more in line with Jo's age group.

I saw when he split up with Jo he took that woman to the party - what a creep and I think it was vicki who was hosting the party - she was well out of order inviting him and then letting him in as well.

I really can't say I like Vicki that much I feel so sorry for her kids. She holds the money over them and is so unpleasant.

My fave housewife is Jeanna I think she's really funny - liked the bit where she said that they had 4 houses matt could pick one LOL.

Was sad that Lou has passed away and it must have been a huge shock for the girls.

They're definately all spoilt kids though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou's daughters are struggling following his death. I cant understand how someone of his age and supposed wealth, did not make a will and his Thai wife got everything. How irresponsible. He hasnt done his daughter's any favours in life as they are so spoilt and unappreciative. Now they have no money.

Vicky's character is so controlling. Bit of a spoiler, but I think a lot of them were hit by the US economy downturn in three series time. It will be interesting viewing.

Ive warmed to Lauri (if Ive got the right name), the one marrying George.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou's daughters are struggling following his death. I cant understand how someone of his age and supposed wealth, did not make a will and his Thai wife got everything. How irresponsible. He hasnt done his daughter's any favours in life as they are so spoilt and unappreciative. Now they have no money.

Vicky's character is so controlling. Bit of a spoiler, but I think a lot of them were hit by the US economy downturn in three series time. It will be interesting viewing.

Ive warmed to Lauri (if Ive got the right name), the one marrying George.

Laurie was wonderful compared to some of the Ho's that followed. Oh, and not to spoil anything, but Vicki gets worse. It's one of the reasons I watch, just to see how awful she and Jill Zarin ( RHoofNY) can get. :p I want to tell her daughter to run and put at least an ocean between her and her obnoxious Mother.

My favourite was always Jeana
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've warmed to Lauri too she's really in love with George - it's not just the money from what I can see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing how things can change in a couple of episodes. Lou's daughters, who now have no money and their car was repossessed (since he died), have gone and leased their own car and are paying for it with working.

I need to pay more attention tonight as I dont know who Jill is.

I agree that Laura does appear to genuinely care for George. Well, as much as we can tell from a reality show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing how things can change in a couple of episodes. Lou's daughters, who now have no money and their car was repossessed (since he died), have gone and leased their own car and are paying for it with working.

I need to pay more attention tonight as I dont know who Jill is.

:D No you dont, she's not in it, she's in the franchise from New York. She hid her Vickiness in the first couple of series but in Series 3 she came out and out Vickied Vicki in the obnoxious stakes.

I wish they'd show all the franchises as currently as they do Next Top Model. I d/l them all and I'd love to exchange views with fellow addicts. :( I have to go on an American forum for my fix.

They are adding new franchises all the time. So far we have:
    Orange County
    New York
    Atlanta
    Washington DC
    Beverley Hills ( my favourite)
    Miami.

:o And I've watched every episode of every one!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit confusing I don't know if I've missed some episodes or something.

All of a sudden there's someone called Quinn(??) in it. She doesn't have any kids so don't know how she's in it - well not that I've seen her kids perhaps they are hiding!

Tamra seems OK but a bit self-indulgent.

I wish they said what happened to Josh I know that he apparently went off with George's ex wife or something (I can't understand how she would put him up? Also not being funny but if Laurie put him out and he didn't have a job I guess he didn't really have much choice in where to go).

Tamra's son (Ryan) is a bit of a jerk I think - he's soooo lazy just expecting to start at the top in that company.

Vicky is just sooooo annoying. She totally tries to rule her kids lives and her daughter is lovely and doing really well, but she always seems to be emotionally blackmailing her. Her voice is bloody annoying as well.

I thought Tammy was skint? That was some party on the yacht for Megan's 21st. How do they all do it. I mean Tammy is basically a single mum who doesn't appear to work.

What a life they all have!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit confusing I don't know if I've missed some episodes or something.

All of a sudden there's someone called Quinn(??) in it. She doesn't have any kids so don't know how she's in it - well not that I've seen her kids perhaps they are hiding!

Tamra seems OK but a bit self-indulgent.

I wish they said what happened to Josh I know that he apparently went off with George's ex wife or something (I can't understand how she would put him up? Also not being funny but if Laurie put him out and he didn't have a job I guess he didn't really have much choice in where to go).

Tamra's son (Ryan) is a bit of a jerk I think - he's soooo lazy just expecting to start at the top in that company.

Vicky is just sooooo annoying. She totally tries to rule her kids lives and her daughter is lovely and doing really well, but she always seems to be emotionally blackmailing her. Her voice is bloody annoying as well.

I thought Tammy was skint? That was some party on the yacht for Megan's 21st. How do they all do it. I mean Tammy is basically a single mum who doesn't appear to work.

What a life they all have!

I agree about Tamra's son. I initially thought the stepfather was hard on him, but when he went and had the tattoo and never got a job for three months, I realized why. Then he was whining he was working for 10 dollars an hour when he wanted to be an executive at Mercedes:rolleyes: He didnt go to college did he??

Quinn came in quick and appeared to have two men really quickly, which was confusing me. I would dump the golf guy correcting me over the pronounciation. He would have been wearing the bread:D:D

I thought Tammy did work, but I dont know what she does.

Vicky is now starting to grate a bit, with the drinking and the loud screaming. If she was my friend and kept hitting me, we would have to have words.

I like that Lauri will not allow her kids to be spongers and is now saying she wants to rent the townhouse, as it didnt sell, to cover the mortgage. Its making her daughter be more responsible. Obviously with the son and the drugs, shes struggled.

Im wanting to find out how the American housing recession affected the realtors in the next three series. Im hoping that they do run them back to back on ITV2 as Im quite in to the characters.