Pobol Y Cwm (Part 2)

Comments

• sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    I already know Izzy leaving Cwmderi has nothing to do with her and Macs so I don't know why you're bringing it up tbh.

I think you are blind to Macs crimes because you like him so won't see what he did as something that equally deserved punishing. I don't think that's fair on Izzy, she had a right to justice just as much as Macs ever did.

It amazes me you think Macs has been punished for what he did to Izzy, he hasn't. What Scott did to him is irrelevant to what he did to Izzy, and I don't know how you can't see that. Both him and Scott should have been imprisoned that was the punishment both should have faced for their crimes. Neither one of them got the proper punishment, and I never once said Scott had been punished enough. Infact I have said time and time again they should be in prison. The storylines have sent out a very irresponsible message about sex crimes.

I don't see all sex crimes as the same. I am sorry I don't, I don't think they are. I have a big problem with not taking into account how violent and dangerous the act is. Not all homicides are the same not all thefts are the same not all sex crimes are the same.

I also think that what Ffion did to Jinx getting him intoxicated so she could sleep with him and trick him into being the father of her child was a coerced sexual act. if a man did that to a woman it would considered a sexual assualt. So yes I think this is very mixed soap on sex crimes.

Izzy has agency in her life for making decisions on what to do. She chose not to prosecute. I think she should have, if she doesn't she has to find another way to resolve the issue. If she leaves here tonight blaming her mother or Macs for Scott, I think she has a role in creating the situation she is in.

Also I am not a person who believes that you have an unlimited time to punish people. That forever after someone has wronged you have the right to punish them. Forgiveness is for yourself, not for the other person.
  • welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    good that they showing all this that a soap isnt too scared to do it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big things coming up in July for Gwyneth
    Gwyneth prepares to admit all to the police. Anita feels foolish when she realises Moc wasn't pining after her..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    I think we should just quit talking about this sderr, as we will never agree. You are determined to paint Macs as nothing but a victim so it's pointless continuing to discuss it. We are hogging the thread for everyone else. You believe what you believe, and I will do the same.

Ffion didn't sleep with Jinx so your example is out of nowhere. Morally what she did was disgusting but she never touched in any kind of sexual manner so she didn't commit a crime. It doesn't remotely compare to what Macs did.

Izzy is the one who went to see Macs tonight not the other way around. And of course she can blame Macs for what he did to her, but she wasn't mean enough to blame him for the stuff with Scott. She was actually very mature about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    good that they showing all this that a soap isnt too scared to do it

Yes and it is good to have the discussion even if we don't agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we should just quit talking about this sderr, as we will never agree. You are determined to paint Macs as nothing but a victim so it's pointless continuing to discuss it. We are hogging the thread for everyone else. You believe what you believe, and I will do the same.

Ffion didn't sleep with Jinx so your example is out of nowhere. Morally what she did was disgusting but she never touched in any kind of sexual manner so she didn't commit a crime. It doesn't remotely compare to what Macs did.

Izzy is the one who went to see Macs tonight not the other way around. And of course she can blame Macs for what he did to her, but she wasn't mean enough to blame him for the stuff with Scott. She was actually very mature about it.

Good for Izzy. Very mature. I thought that she might blame Gaynor because of how she left yesterday. I don't see Macs as nothing but a victim either. Two wrongs don't make a right. We don't have to agree you know. I understand your prospective, but I see things differently.
    Forum Member
    my god do you think gwyneth will tell the police
    please can we have happy stuff with Jim
    Forum Member

No I don't think Gwyneth will tell the police yet. I think this storyline will be milked for a while longer. They don't have anything big to replace it with. I could be wrong but I'd give it a few more months before the reveal.

Jim got a happy scene tonight. He was part of the ghost party.
    Forum Member
    cant wait to see that sunday
    i think they will put gwyneths storyline out for a while
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jim and Norman how about. :)That would be good.

I don't know what is going to happen with Gwyneth. If she is going to be driven to tell the police by Yvonne. If Yvonne finally gives her an ultimatum.

What will Britt and Garry do that is the question? OMG Britt. At least no affair with Britt and Gwyneth looks like. That would have been too much to take.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I don't think Gwyneth will tell the police yet. I think this storyline will be milked for a while longer. They don't have anything big to replace it with. I could be wrong but I'd give it a few more months before the reveal.

Jim got a happy scene tonight. He was part of the ghost party.

Read the spoiler I posted about Gwyneth. You get what you want sooner than you think.
    Forum Member
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Read the spoiler I posted about Gwyneth. You get what you want sooner than you think.

I already saw that spoiler on Monday. The page updated too soon for a few hours and I saw a few days ahead than we normally do :D I still don't think she'll go to the police yet. I could be wrong but I have a feeling it's too big a storyline to lose yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I already saw that spoiler on monday, the page updated to soon for a few hours and I saw days ahead than normal :D I still don't think she'll go to the police yet. I could be wrong but I have a feeling it's too big a storyline to lose yet.

It is summer though and usually you would have a big story in the summer. When is Yvonne leaving I wonder?
    Lee comes back as well in July, who I hated the first time around. Hopefully its better the second time. Although it would be funny if he were wearing those black gloves in July. I would just have to laugh. :D

I wonder as well what is up with Colin disappearing? Nothing sinister I hope.
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr...check your email please...i`m about to send you something. No attachments I promise.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    sderr...check your email please...i`m about to send you something. No attachments I promise.

Nothing yet, did you send other stuff this week?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I did send some stuff earlier in the week..... 25 ebooks, but you only download what you want.
    I just sent that email.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh saw this on Twitter....

MediaNationUK profile

MediaNationUK Prop master job, Pobol y Cwm. 12 months contract. Cardiff based. Deadline is 1 July at 11.59pm see bit.ly/LuC5CS

I would LOVE that job!! Although I wouldn`t fancy being the one to remove that stick that`s up Angelas ar$e on a daily basis
    :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Ooh saw this on Twitter....

MediaNationUK profile

MediaNationUK Prop master job, Pobol y Cwm. 12 months contract. Cardiff based. Deadline is 1 July at 11.59pm see bit.ly/LuC5CS

I would LOVE that job!! Although I wouldn`t fancy being the one to remove that stick that`s up Angelas ar$e on a daily basis
    :D:D

LOL Angela. I have enjoyed not seeing her this week. I wish she would get herself into some trouble and make a public fool of herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 minutes til I get to see PYC
    I usually watch this during dinner, but its way too hot to eat. Phew!!! triple digits here with the heat index factored in.
    :(
    Forum Member
    It is summer though and usually you would have a big story in the summer. When is Yvonne leaving I wonder?
    Lee comes back as well in July, who I hated the first time around. Hopefully its better the second time. Although it would be funny if he were wearing those black gloves in July. I would just have to laugh. :D

I wonder as well what is up with Colin disappearing? Nothing sinister I hope.

I wouldn't call that a big storyline.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call that a big storyline.

You don't have to I just wanted to discuss it that's all. You wanted to change the subject to discuss something lighter.
    Forum Member
    oh god no not lee i didnt like him at all
    wonder if we see liam back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liam is the best. I hope he comes back.
    I have to laugh at Lee sometimes he is so over the top.
    Forum Member
    You don't have to I just wanted to discuss it that's all. You wanted to change the subject to discuss something lighter.

But you gave that in response to the Gwyneth stuff. We had changed the subject ;) It's not a big enough storyline to replace hers which is why I don't really think hers will be over so soon. Even if she confessed I don't think it would disappear, the aftermath would be dragged out to fill screentime.

Other than the yawnfest that is Moc/Sheryl the show has no big potential reveals or drama going on. The baby saga is a longrunner and so isn't very big right now. They need to think up something outside affairs to give the viewers some drama. It's a bit light on the ground atm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moc Sheryl looks boring now. I thought there was potential there with that storyline. I mean a story about parents and children could be interesting and different. There really should have been more there than there looks like there is going to be with Dani, Gethin and Moc. It looks like its all going to be Moc and Sheryl. Disapointing.
This discussion has been closed.