Best singer in the competition?

xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
Forum Member
We all have our favourites but sometimes they aren't necessarily the best singer, so who is the best singer in your opinion? :p

Ella
Jahmene
James
Rylan
Christopher
Jaymi
JJ
George
Josh

Poll coming.

Best singer? 277 votes

Ella
19% 53 votes
Jahmene
25% 71 votes
James
11% 31 votes
Rylan
5% 14 votes
Christopher
3% 11 votes
Jaymi
33% 94 votes
JJ
0% 1 vote
George
0% 1 vote
Josh
0% 1 vote

Comments

• xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,211
    Forum Member
    Easy, Ella, by far, her voice will only get better and better as she get's older, where's the others wont.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without a doubt Ella. She has presence, confidence and a depth and clarity to her voice which no other contestant has.

Few people can hold a crowd but she can and her presence reminds me of when Shirley Bassey and Tom Jones perform at any large event. They completely overshadow everybody else performing and the power in their voices is awesome.
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Jaymi for me.
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaymi.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say jaymi. He's really impressed me the last few weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Jahmene by a mile.
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella, Jahmene is also brilliant.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleasantly pleased by the result so far. Jaymi slays :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Jahmene then Jaymi then james. Who the hell voted Rylan as best singer? Really?
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    We all have our favourites but sometimes they aren't necessarily the best singer, so who is the best singer in your opinion? :p

Ella
    Jahmene
    James
    Rylan
    Christopher
    Jaymi
    JJ
    George
    Josh

Poll coming.

Who are the 4 that I've boldened?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I think Ella has actually lost some of her shine in recent weeks whereas Jahmene has really come into himself
  • pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    Who are the 4 that I've boldened?
    The 4 numpties in Union J.
  • cjandrewscjandrews Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    Jaymi.
  • bigbri1805bigbri1805 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I'd say Jahmene. I'm not a fan of his sort of music, but he does always seem to make evey song he sings, his own. Rather than copy someone elses. Definitely a singer that could make a few albums. He could take nearly any song, past or present, and sing it so that it seems it's his own.

James does it as well, but for me, seems to go a bit overboard with the anger in the songs.

Ella, in the auditions and early stages, for me, could sing quite well. But the songs she's sung on the last few shows I haven't been a fan of.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Easy, Ella, by far, her voice will only get better and better as she get's older, where's the others wont.

All young voices get better with age, except for choir boys.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James deffo. I think he's an incredible vocalist.
  • Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymi
  • DixDix Posts: 78,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James has grown more than most
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymi
  • bigbri1805bigbri1805 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I see that Jaymi is currently leading, but what you're all forgetting is, he's part of a 4 person group, so if the others aren't up to par, then it doesn't mean a thing. LOL

If he was a solo act then maybe, but people aren't gonna vote for them, just because Jaymi can sing.
  • Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigbri1805 wrote: »
    I see that Jaymi is currently leading, but what you're all forgetting is, he's part of a 4 person group, so if the others aren't up to par, then it doesn't mean a thing. LOL

If he was a solo act then maybe, but people aren't gonna vote for them, just because Jaymi can sing.

I would! and I'm sure others do as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Jaymi has a stunning voice and he is very consistent, it's a shame the others aren't up there with him (George has a nice tone but it's not incredible)
    Jahmene has such a nice voice when he holds back a bit
    Ella has a nice tone but sometimes flat
    James is just ddffdggtrgg incredible

I'm not going to even comment on the other 2 acts (but one I can bear to watch, the other is just a shambles)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bigbri1805 wrote: »

I actually think Josh is a good singer and George can carry a tune, it's just that Jaymi is far beyond the average boyband fair that they look bad in comparison to him. Overall I think UJ are a talented group.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely Jaymi