DS Strictly Twists & Sequins Real Time - Series 3 - Show 4

1235»

Comments

• DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Why are there still 1s being handed out at this stage, really? I know some people don't send in staging but surely they should get a couple points for song alone :o

Maybe if you're marking it /5 for song and /5 for staging, but I suppose the incredulity of not sending anything in when other people put effort in makes it acceptable to be harsh with the scoring :o
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I've changed my score to a 2, but to be honest, I would have given the staging a minus score. :o:p
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My scores: highest is a 9, lowest is a 4.

On the whole, the Quicksteps were better than the Rumbas (although there were some good Rumbas). For staging, I look at the amount of detail as well as whether it really fits the song and dance.

I think I've worked out which one is Poth's :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I give 1s if there's nothing at all as I assume they had to have a suggestion (i.e. didn't turn up!) and it doesn't really take 5 minutes to go google even a predictable choice and say how the dim purple lights eccentuate the romantic vibes of the song (or whatever rubbish lol) and send something in. :)

(but hopefully last round is the last time I will have had to send a 1 in.)
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (I know my Rumba wasn't particularly great, though. I just wanted to make sure it got in. :p)
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was also really pleased to see that it looks like everybody made at least some effort this week, which is really nice given that you're in teams.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    My rumba song is good but my staging isn't IMO

Hopefully I wont get too awful scores
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually if theyve got a 1 theyre either terrible or its because they didnt send their own song choice in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Rumbas are a lot harder than Quicksteps though for staging. Having staged a Rumba last year, and a Quickstep this year, although the music may evoke more of a response in a Rumba, the steps are basic, so you have to have a lot of images in your head to be able to create something that stands out XD x

Its only hard if you make it hard, you dont have to have anything special, just colour schemes are simple enough, and you have lighting no matter what dance you have. Nobody said it has to be done up like santas grotto :)

In some instances you need more but sometimes less is more. And I guess thats the point, To see that you dont need a gigantic spaceship in the middle of the stage is a plus to that person lol

Thats why I always say, the best routine isnt necessarily the person who's written the biggest paragraph ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    I was also really pleased to see that it looks like everybody made at least some effort this week, which is really nice given that you're in teams.

Everybody sent their own stuff in this round :)
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I also changed one of my comments from a two-letter word, because it was a little vague.

No prizes if you can guess what that word was. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats why I always say, the best routine isnt necessarily the person who's written the biggest paragraph ;)

Subtle!! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Subtle!! ;)

I've said that every series its not a hidden message lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've said that every series its not a hidden message lol

Haha I am aware, I just think people are familiar with my technique with staging after last year XD x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha I am aware, I just think people are familiar with my technique with staging after last year XD x

Haha. But you can see with others, you can get some people who have written 20 lines and someone ehose written only 5. And the 5 lines gets a better mark coz the 20 is just a load of pointless wafflle which tells you absolutely nothing lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha. But you can see with others, you can get some people who have written 20 lines and someone ehose written only 5. And the 5 lines gets a better mark coz the 20 is just a load of pointless wafflle which tells you absolutely nothing lol

Lol fair enough. Excited for show 5 now :p:D