PS4 reveal at PlayStation Meeting 2013???

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
Forum Member
✭✭
Sony Europe are teasing the event, to be held on 20/2/2013 with the tag line "Be the first to know"

When the US PlayStation twitter account announced its event for the same day, it said "See the future"

Do you think this could include a new hardware announcement, or is it too early for a PS4 / PS Orbis reveal?

Go here to sign up for email updates...

http://uk.playstation.com/meeting2013/

Or twitter users can use #playstation2013.

Comments

• wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the third PlayStation Meeting in 8 years, announcing the PS3 and the Vita. Sony are also inviting investors along with the media to the event.

Seems like the PlayStation 4 unveiling to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Sounds to me like they're finally unveiling the new Eyetoy. Either that, or a new chess-based IP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As above, they use PlayStation Meetings to show consoles. Get hyped!
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At last.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They just added a funky futuristic video for the event. It gives nothing away, but I think that says a lot.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-3GMHIgR-U
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless they're finally going to show Gaikai...
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    OMG OMG

you know what this is for right?

WONDERBOOK 2!!!!

SO HYPED!!!!!:p

BRING ON PS4!!!!:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    biggebruv wrote: »
    OMG OMG

you know what this is for right?

WONDERBOOK 2!!!!

SO HYPED!!!!!:p

BRING ON PS4!!!!:cool:

I think you'll find it's actually for the latest installment popular racing series Ridge Racer. Remember that one? It was powered by Namco. It's Ridge Racer. Riiiiiiiidge Racer.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Play TV 2.0.4 - It Finally works!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/31/see-the-future/

So Excited :D

What where we saying about GTA 5 :D

I know this is a duplicate of a thread in ps forum but thought it would be good for system wide next gen discussion
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited cant wait :D
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess someone has to go first. Gives the opposition a chance to upgrade their spec after reveal.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds good, lets show Nintendo what next gen really is! :D
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all gonna cost money boys so start saving those pennies! :D

A sobering thought for me is I have next gen console graphix on my PC today ! :D

I wish Sony and the PS4 all the best for the future. :)
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Guess someone has to go first. Gives the opposition a chance to upgrade their spec after reveal.

Itll be to late for changes now I would've thought, if both companies are at the reveal stage, spec will most likely be set in stone. Especially if devs have games in the works for the new systems.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just an announcement about a PSN overhaul, in time for the next gen.

Hope it's PS4 though!
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Ill wait 3 years for the slim quite Ps4!!
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But I've only just got a new MegaDrive...!

Seriously, though, I have enough with all my old stuff plus getting into indie gaming on my PC, I don't think I'll be going into NextGen consoles for a looong while...

Yes, I know I always say that. What are you, my wife?!? :D
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an "XBot" :p this intrigues me. I hope it's about the PS4 because I'm starting to save up the pennies for the next gen tech and I want to see what both M$ and $ony have to offer, especially now my interest in GTA5 has committed harakiri.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will watch this space with interest, as above, I'm an xbot (not sure what that means lol) its always nice to peek over the fence to see what your neighbours are doing.

One thing is for sure, the battle which lays ahead should be fun, MS will no doubt be spending millions on marketing, Sony will probably be hoping brand loyalty will do the trick.

Exciting times indeed.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too fussed about getting the next gen consoles quite yet. I'm still loving the current gen and I'm sure they will be overpriced at first so will wait for the price to drop. Plus I've just bought my new laptop and playing Morroblivion, Football Manager and DC Universe Online so I'll be fine for a while :D

Saying that I'm sure I'll get the PS4 at some point next year - I'll be too intrigued. Unless fo course the nw XBox is more exciting lol
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I paid about £505 on day one for the PS3 (console £425, controller (£35), Motorstorm (£40) and HDMI (£5). I hope it's cheaper this time around.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do u guyz think the PS4 will have a wiiu style controller? (Or atleast psvita crossplay as standard?) :) it's a really decent bit of kit is the wiiu gamepad imo. :cool:
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    The Last Guardian finally has a release date!!
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you play games like Warfighr and Black Ops on single player missions, along with Uncharted 3 etc you realise just how far games have come over the years. I think us older gamers appreciate the graphical advances more than some, and sitting playing a few games the other night me and my mate were just drooling at the thought of a PS4. If the PS3 can do this, then the PS4 can only be a good thing.

:) Mark