American Idol Results Show - Ch 5* - Friday 29th March (UK time - no spoilers pls)

ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,875
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Evening all! Managed to avoid all spoilers this week, amazingly.

Comments

• ellie4265ellie4265 Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a long staircase!
  • DixDix Posts: 79,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hiya Eliie and others. <g> Missed being here last night, but we were out, and by time we got in was whacked, but did watch it on +1 and made comments best for me was the trio of Candice, Amber and Angie.

But didn't fancy Candice's Grapevine as it wouldn't have been as successful as the original was.
    Felt Janelle had the edge in Like a Prayer.

Burnelle Ma Cherie hadn't the soft tones

But who goes, who knows. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    But who goes, who knows. ;)

LOL, indeed! A male of the species one would think, but we shall see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS Dix, missed you last night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy saying boys will go home, and he could be right. :D

Aretha on the phone..and she loved Kree's version.

ads
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ellie4265 wrote: »
    PS Dix, missed you last night.

Aaaw did you. well have an Easter Egg. :D No Easter Egg smiley from DS though...sigh-
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back.....

Yeah, do remember Colton who had an edge, and seems to have gone far.

No fear being in the bottom 3...Colton says. But it depends on character donnit. ;) Some might make it, but others won't.

Colton still looks like an edge, but the music is louder than he is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audience muted in their praise

ads
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back
    again

One Republic performs....not bad..and Catherine(surname forgotten), nice voice. not bad at all. :)

Keith with Long Hot Summer....:cool:aint he. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith is good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One hot guy..hottest there methinks ;)

more
    ads
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katherine McPhee! Currently watching her in 'Smash' - going to watch the last episode this weekend, so no spoilers please. She is so talented. Can't believe she didn't win that year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith is good.

More than that, oozing with sa. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B
    a
    c
    k

Results.....

Kree............safe
    Candice.......safe
    Janelle.........safe
    Angie...........safe
    Amber..........safe

Boys for the chop....as expected

Burnelle.........safe

Devin and Lazaro

Lazaro.....safe

Didn't think he cut it that well last night though. Singing with more feeling now. Has a nice voice and hope he continues improving, as I feel he has potential. But Randi can't use him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, goodbye Devin. You seem like a nice young man - I'm sure you'll go far with that great voice.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so angry at 5* to cut out the final person going through...then it said at the ''Portions Of This Program Not Effecting The Result Has Been Edited''...'Not' being the key word, of course it effected the result

not surprised at the result to be honest, its obvious who didn't want to save him though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how you feel Ellie, but one of the girls should be booted asap, to stop them feeling they are invincible, and all pals together, which they won't be when they fight for their places.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Dix, makes for a great showdown in a few weeks I'm sure,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    so angry at 5* to cut out the final person going through...then it said at the ''Portions Of This Program Not Effecting The Result Has Been Edited''...'Not' being the key word, of course it effected the result

not surprised at the result to be honest, its obvious who didn't want to save him though

I didn;t notice to be honest - was it cut?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Dix, makes for a great showdown in a few weeks I'm sure,

Hope so, as the show needs a nudge or two. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn;t notice to be honest - was it cut?

There was something, for I didn't hear Amber's name called at all, and thought she was bottom 3, but then Ryan said all girls safe, so then knew Amber was through.

Then Ryan's last sentence was weird to say the least, as he said both of the chaps' names, one after the other, then started hugging the one who was going, said his name, and that was it. If he hadn't named that contestant I'd still be wondering about it. Mind you, there's nothing to say everything is above board. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Easter folks, and hope you all get lots of lovely Easter Eggs. :)

See you next week for more shenanigans, as there's bound to be some. ;)

:D xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe there are some cuts before it reaches us. Happy Easter all, see you next week - hopefully a bit warmer by then!
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devin has an incredible voice and fair play, he never really caught on with the viewers, and this was inevitable, but still majorly pissed that he got beaten by Lazaro. Even forgetting all his words, he still gets through. How do his voters justify it?

Possibly the best final performance though, I wish Devin all the best for the future. It's good this panel is not too quick to use the save, as opposed to the last line-up who got a bit over-excited early on and oddly saved Casey Abrams.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Devin has an incredible voice and fair play, he never really caught on with the viewers, and this was inevitable, but still majorly pissed that he got beaten by Lazaro. Even forgetting all his words, he still gets through. How do his voters justify it?

Possibly the best final performance though, I wish Devin all the best for the future. It's good this panel is not too quick to use the save, as opposed to the last line-up who got a bit over-excited early on and oddly saved Casey Abrams.
    Missed tonight's show. Gutted Devin went out and, as you say, before Lazaro, who is clearly getting by on factors other than singing ability. I would rather have lost some of the girls before Devin too. What was his save-me song?