The Borgias Season 3 - US Pace

JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
Forum Member
The new series of the Borgias starts on April 14th in the USA. I love this show and the trailers and promos for season 3 look great. Anyone else going to be watching?

:)

Comments

• CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait!! I binge watched the first two seasons I loved them so much. I found the second season to be particularly amazing. The trailer looks like the family will be upping the ante even more so than before in terms of treachery and debauchery.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Its a great show., best period drama IMO since the Tudors but seems to suffer in the UK from poor advertising, Sky for example hardly ever advertised it all last season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, I love The Borgias. Currently re-watching season two in anticipation for season three. Can't wait. :)
  • fosteritefosterite Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed season 2 also. Looking forward to season 3. Also The White Queen on BBC1 starting in May should be worth a watch.
    Forum Member
    All things Papal in the news at the moment and naturally Showtime have utilised this bit of free promotion for season 3 :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WsXqQnb__Gk
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fosterite wrote: »
    I really enjoyed season 2 also. Looking forward to season 3. Also The White Queen on BBC1 starting in May should be worth a watch.

And The White Queen incidentally stars Jeremy Irons son Max (who BTW is gorgeous):D
  • gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched the first 2 episodes today of season 3, very well done as usual and lots to look forward to
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans :eek: I just watched episode 3 today. To say this season is juicier than anything that has gone before would be an understatement.
    I feel sorry for poor Alfonso. He's so cute and now that Lucrezia has finally gotten her claws into Cesare I'd say that there's no going back for their relationship. I hope Alfonso stays on screen for a while though but I think that he may follow in Paulo's footsteps as the saying "nice guys finish last" seems to be true in the Borgias world
    Forum Member
    This season is amazing! I watched episode 4 and I feel like my heart has been pulled out of my chest and stomped on - great writing, and so well played by Arnaud and Grainger. I felt like watching most of it from behind the couch.

Im trying to figure out if Neil Jordan is a true evil genius lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reports are saying that this season may be the last :cry:

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a479559/the-borgias-not-returning-for-fourth-season.html

The ratings this season are not as high as the first season but are in and around the same as season two so I don't know what the issue is. Maybe it's a creative decision but if they're following actual history there's still quite a bit of story to tell with
    Lucrezia due to be widowed and remarry once more before her death and Cesare still having plenty of story left.

If this series is the end, I wonder will they do what they did with Rome when it was cancelled and squeeze decades worth of storyline into the few final episodes?
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a season four, but at least they are talking about wrapping it up neatly if they don't - nice to see fans considered for once:)
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone watched the series finale yet? It's unfortunate that they're not getting a chance to wrap up the stories with the 2 hour movie as the ending was quite unsatisfactory as a series finale. The episode itself was quite impressive with
    the taking of Forli and the capture of Catarina Sforza

but everything was basically left up in the air for the characters with little or no resolution for any of them bar
    poor Alfonso
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    I'd like to see a season four, but at least they are talking about wrapping it up neatly if they don't - nice to see fans considered for once:)
    welwynrose wrote: »

It seems Showtime are refusing to do a 2-hour movie as they've deemed it too expensive, which seems to be the main reason they've given for cancelling the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    It seems Showtime are refusing to do a 2-hour movie as they've deemed it too expensive, which seems to be the main reason they've given for cancelling the show.

Here's some quotes from Neil Jordan about how the series would have ended had a 4th series or two hour movie gone ahead.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/showtimes-borgias-to-end-run-after-three-seasons-creator-neil-jordan-on-how-he-planned-to-wrap-story/