Graceland (UK Pace) on Universal

anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
This new show about a team of FBI, DEA and Customs agents living together undercover and under one roof in a California beach house known as “Graceland " starts on Friday 27th September at 9pm.

Created by White Collar scribe Jeff Eastin and stars Daniel Sunjata (Rescue Me), Aaron Tveit (Gossip Girl), Vanessa Ferlito (CSI: NY), Brandon Jay McLaren (Falling Skies), Manny Montana (The Chicago Code) and Serinda Swan (Breakout Kings).

Comments

• Purple OrchidPurple Orchid Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads-up OP, been wanting to see this :)
  • hayleys2915hayleys2915 Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd advise people watching to give it till at least episode 4. The first three episodes are more about getting to know the characters and they're quite light. The pace picks up from the end of episode 4 onwards.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've already watched this, and you're in for a treat. Going to watch it again at our pace though.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This new show about a team of FBI, DEA and Customs agents living together undercover and under one roof in a California beach house known as “Graceland " starts on Friday 27th September at 9pm.

Created by White Collar scribe Jeff Eastin and stars Daniel Sunjata (Rescue Me), Aaron Tveit (Gossip Girl), Vanessa Ferlito (CSI: NY), Brandon Jay McLaren (Falling Skies), Manny Montana (The Chicago Code) and Serinda Swan (Breakout Kings).

• shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomorrow is the day! :D I'm looking forward to watching it on a TV screen as opposed to my iPad with a stream that keeps buffering!
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Tomorrow is the day! :D I'm looking forward to watching it on a TV screen as opposed to my iPad with a stream that keeps buffering!

Yep just think you get to drool at Aaron on the big screen now :p

I can't wait to watch it again either and see if I pick up anything I missed first time around :D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny night to premier a new show. Thought earlier in the week would get better ratings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This pilot is different from the US one. Cool to see the differences.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So weird seeing these Charlie/Mike scenes in this pilot. They all got cut in the US one due to the writers changing relationships.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So weird seeing these Charlie/Mike scenes in this pilot. They all got cut in the US one due to the writers changing relationships.

I was just saying on twitter I'm assuming they cut the Mike & Charlie flirtation scenes as they must have changes their minds about them getting together so it seems weird to see them flirting :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This pilot is different from the US one. Cool to see the differences.

Any idea why it was different?
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was pretty good , makes a change from the usual police/crime thrillers set in NY , had a bit of a Miami Vice vibe to me , and I'll be watching next week :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Any idea why it was different?

I think it was how the pilot originally was before they made changes. And about the Charlie/Mike scenes. Jeff Eastin said
    they were planning on going there but changed it to Charlie/Paul early in the season
    But yeah it was weird especially as we know what's coming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was how the pilot originally was before they made changes. And about the Charlie/Mike scenes. Jeff Eastin said
    they were planning on going there but changed it to Charlie/Paul early in the season
    But yeah it was weird especially as we know what's coming.

Seems abit weird to show that version here then as they'll just confuse anyone who hasn't seen the US version :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't think it was that different to the usual generic US cop shows. It was quite far fetched in places. Reminded me a little of 21 Jump Street.
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not for me.

Just very stereotyped.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the first instalment has interested me enough to watch a few more, will suspend judgement until then.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think it was that different to the usual generic US cop shows. It was quite far fetched in places. Reminded me a little of 21 Jump Street.

I tend to agree with this though I'll probably give it a bit more of a chance to see where it goes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It gets better. If you've nothing else to watch give it until at least episode 4/5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It gets better. If you've nothing else to watch give it until at least episode 4/5.

It's going to clash with The Blacklist which starts on Friday and I record other stuff at that time already. So if Blacklist is better, I'll be watching that instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to clash with The Blacklist which starts on Friday and I record other stuff at that time already. So if Blacklist is better, I'll be watching that instead.

Universal tend to repeat their shows so I'm sure you would be able to watch it on another day if you wanted to :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Universal tend to repeat their shows so I'm sure you would be able to watch it on another day if you wanted to :)

I think it was repeated last night so I could record it then. Is it always 1hr 30 mins long because it felt too long watching it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was repeated last night so I could record it then. Is it always 1hr 30 mins long because it felt too long watching it?

No it's only an hour from now on I'm not sure why the pilot was an hour and a half and the version we saw is different from the US version but I'm expecting to see the same episodes for the rest of the season!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it's only an hour from now on I'm not sure why the pilot was an hour and a half and the version we saw is different from the US version but I'm expecting to see the same episodes for the rest of the season!

Good because the pilot did drag on a bit.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a repeat at midnight tonight if anyone's interested.