Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he was the best producer/songwriter she ever worked with in my opinion and she has worked with some of the best in the industry over the years. sometimes you need to go back to move forward and her teaming with him again would certainly be a step in the right direction in my opinion. his contributions to "ray of light" were some of the highlights for me on that record and i have missed the magic they made together.

the endless speculation about who she should work with and what direction she should take drains me to be completely honest, because the conversation inevitably drifts off topic and we've had enough of that lately.:o however, all i can really hope for as a life long fan is that she works with collaborators that seem a natural fit and bring out the best in her again. leonard, bray, orbit, ahmadzaï and price, all brought consistency to each album and some of the commercial results spoke volumes.

of course, its not essential that she works with any of her previous collaborators again, but she does need to find that perfect fit creatively in a future collaborators that brings out that spark in her again.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    he was the best producer/songwriter she ever worked with in my opinion and she has worked with some of the best in the industry over the years. sometimes you need to go back to move forward and her teaming with him again would certainly be a step in the right direction in my opinion. his contributions to "ray of light" were some of the highlights for me on that record and i have missed the magic they made together.

the endless speculation about who she should work with and what direction she should take drains me to be completely honest, because the conversation inevitably drifts off topic and we've had enough of that lately.:o however, all i can really hope for as a life long fan is that she works with collaborators that seem a natural fit and bring out the best in her again. leonard, bray, orbit, ahmadzaï and price, all brought consistency to each album and some of the commercial results spoke volumes.

of course, its not essential that she works with any of her previous collaborators again, but she does need to find that perfect fit creatively in a future collaborators that brings out that spark in her again.

What a great little interview with Pat, I read it on Mad Eyes website.

I always thought that he and M made a brilliant songwriting team and I would adore a re union.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    how very on topic...credit to a dear friend of mine for finding it...check this out...recent interview with Pat Leonard

The legendary Patrick Leonard, talking to Roger Friedman on showbiz411.com, discussing the process of his work with Madonna.

"She put me on the map, I’m grateful. I’m one of those people behind the curtain. If she hadn’t sung those songs, no one would have heard them. She’s made it possible for me to do what I’m doing now."

Their process was simple - the article continues - he wrote the music, and brought it to Madonna. She would supply the lyrics and offer changes in the music to suit her. "She’d refine it,"Leonard says. "You give her a track, she sings the melody. She's very very talented. One doesn't exist without the other. She always showed up and she was always completely involved. I miss her, actually."

They haven't written together since 1997. Would he like to do it again? "Absolutely, she writes a lot with deejays now." - Patrick Leonard

Very much the issue with "right now"...i mean Madonna has made DJs/Remixers/Underground Cub musicians really flow well with the lyrics/emotion/concepts see - Mirwais, Stuart Price, Shep Pettibone, Andre Betts and William Orbit.

I would aore a union of these guys again...interesting him saying again how he would create the music melodies and send ideas through to Madonna and snippets and the music to her and the direction she wants and she writes the lyrics to the rhythms and re-produces it with him to suit the mood...a genuinely brilliant process...which i guess is again why Like a Prayer was so personal it stemmed from these sessions...and that is so beautiful to hear and read from him.

And again the issue i have too...Bennassi, Solveig....its all very contemporary "DJ" you know? i mean Beautiful Killer is...well it is beautiful....but Orbit provided so many "familiar" sounds on MDNA...as well as co-producing with Bennassi or Demo Crew (actually pretty great those guys are) and Jean Baptiste which kinda lacked the flow and thus the issues i have with it all.

The natural progression and styles there is what i love...i dont have sisues with her collaborating with "DJs" necessarily as she has made defining artistic moments with them in the past...see the formers there...but its the ones that focus heavily on the beat and less on the melodies, messages and hooks and a cohesive pattern is therefore lost i feel.

Very on topic and interesting interview....my ideal album 13 would be a reunion of M + Leonard and have Blood Orange on production with them...maybe have/bring Frank Ocean, Janelle Monae, Beth Ditto on board too to really shake stuff up if duets/vocals additions are necessary for the themes as i reckon these artists wil l"add" rather than be there for commercial value. You know?

ANyways just thought i would share it here too :).

Ugh, Roger Friedman would track down one of her collaborators to ''settle the question'' of her songwriting. ''Hater'' is one of my least favourite words, but it applies to him perfectly. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter though, Pat represented her very well. He's definitely the most all-round talented musician she ever worked with, and was a great change from the list of DJs/producers she normally spends studio time with. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ugh, Roger Friedman would track down one of her collaborators to ''settle the question'' of her songwriting. ''Hater'' is one of my least favourite words, but it applies to him perfectly. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter though, Pat represented her very well. He's definitely the most all-round talented musician she ever worked with, and was a great change from the list of DJs/producers she normally spends studio time with. :)

Am not sure who this Roger Friedman person is and I don't really care because Pat was so gracious about M and gave her loads of respect and credit for her songwriting saying she creates the melody.

So RF certainly came a cropper (as did i, and I apologise) when her songwriting abilities came under scrutiny as Pat answered the question perfectly!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What matters most is th credability here and man Pat is such a genius...the key was they were both all rounders and thta created such art :).

Yeah i do hope that with him saying this it makes M really think...they could create a masterpeice in the matter of weeks <3 yeah would adore that.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Madonna so needs to call Monsieur Adi this very moment for a collaboration! It is a perfect combination! He has shades of Orbit, Price and Mirwais!

wow just searched his back catalogue and he has remixed some madonna songs and is a uber madonna fan!

Frozen (Monsieur adi remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKp9sKyNdx0

Get together (Monsiueur Adi remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtFYaY5rPAc

Erotica (Monsieur Adi remis)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpQzer9ae_s

Music (Monsieur Adi Dub)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqFoLm23EEo

Music (Monsieur Adi remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQWNmaHqH9w

I find it fascinating that he has also used her live vocals!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The multiposter madonna basher is back, in the unpopular opinions thread!

Loool!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow just searched his back catalogue and he has remixed some madonna songs and is a uber madonna fan!

Frozen (Monsieur adi remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKp9sKyNdx0

Get together (Monsiueur Adi remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtFYaY5rPAc

Erotica (Monsieur Adi remis)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpQzer9ae_s

Music (Monsieur Adi Dub)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqFoLm23EEo

Music (Monsieur Adi remix)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQWNmaHqH9w

I find it fascinating that he has also used her live vocals!

YEAH YEAH YEAH!! i love in an interview he did in 2011 i think he said that he loves hearing latest material from her and that Mirwais got him into what he wanted to do...he cited AMerican Life as his personal favourite album which is cool.

Amazing remixes...he has really up and came in the music industry hasnt he the past twoyears? :)
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    jp- I have only recently discovered him due to the track ft A*M*E - What's going on?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwXPJRwNiLk

I just love that track and the video. I love the elements of classical with 90s dance french house style. So I bought his ep on a whim and loved it. I then found a remix that he had done of 'Seal - Crazy' which was excellent. I went on YT and found that he had done Madonna remixes too - a very up and coming dj by the sounds of it... in my opinion Madonna needs to work with past great collabs (Leonard, Bray, Orbit, Price, Mirwais, P Williams) and new up and coming artists (Monsieur Adi, Naughty Boy). I would also love her to write her own songs solely, produced by a top established producer (Price, Orbit), she has done a few and they are great. A collaboration with Adele, Yoko Ono or Coldplay would also be a great album seller.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jp- I have only recently discovered him due to the track ft A*M*E - What's going on?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwXPJRwNiLk

I just love that track and the video. I love the elements of classical with 90s dance french house style. So I bought his ep on a whim and loved it. I then found a remix that he had done of 'Seal - Crazy' which was excellent. I went on YT and found that he had done Madonna remixes too - a very up and coming dj by the sounds of it... in my opinion Madonna needs to work with past great collabs (Leonard, Bray, Orbit, Price, Mirwais, P Williams) and new up and coming artists (Monsieur Adi, Naughty Boy). I would also love her to write her own songs solely, produced by a top established producer (Price, Orbit), she has done a few and they are great. A collaboration with Adele, Yoko Ono or Coldplay would also be a great album seller.

oh wow yeah i love A.M.E :) she loves M too she vogued in one of her videos i think? :))

And yeah totally i think Adi could be amazing with Madonna as i say he credited her and American Life album for doing what he is doing now....i would adore it :) it would be awesome to unite with him too as there can be so many layers to the production too plus he is only just coming into public eye...great to see/hear him evolve :).

Blood orange and Monsieur Adi for album 13...the potential is there.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Instagram picture. Gorgeous! Love how she takes the pictures in her bathroom.
    http://instagram.com/p/fdVCbfGETa/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crikey been following gaga like crazy lately....lovely to see Madonna looking so damn slick.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know i'm totally speechless by the fact someone would create dozes of accounts on various forums just to slag off Madonna and her fans repeatedly. I'm even more alarmed this person has trolled every Madonna album and DVD on Amazon with negative comments as well.

Madonna fans get a bad rep but I think some of her detractors might need the men in white coats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know i'm totally speechless by the fact someone would create dozes of accounts on various forums just to slag off Madonna and her fans repeatedly. I'm even more alarmed this person has trolled every Madonna album and DVD on Amazon with negative comments as well.

Madonna fans get a bad rep but I think some of her detractors might need the men in white coats.

that has to be an all time low for me too.:mad: the "reviews" are scathing, but these "reviews" come across as rant like nonsense and are undeniably similar to what has been posted here and on other websites. the person behind all these posts argues that the madonna fans are delusional and defensive, but this persons behaviour comes across off the scale vile.

thanks to you and little monster for commenting positively on my post, but i wont respond on that thread on that subject unless the perpetrator returns, because it would be hypocritical to keep the thread off topic.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that has to be an all time low for me too.:mad: the "reviews" are scathing, but these "reviews" come across as rant like nonsense and are undeniably similar to what has been posted here and on other websites. the person behind all these posts argues that the madonna fans are delusional and defensive, but this persons behaviour comes across off the scale vile.

thanks to you and little monster for commenting positively on my post, but i wont respond on that thread on that subject unless the perpetrator returns, because it would be hypocritical to keep the thread off topic.

Your welcome

I am getting stick on the Katy Perry Prism thread for giving an opinion. It was a positive opinion but because of my username, my opinion means sod all to them and therefore i am odd and not worthy:cry::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your welcome

I am getting stick on the Katy Perry Prism thread for giving an opinion. It was a positive opinion but because of my username, my opinion means sod all to them.

i don't let it get you down, lm. i know your username is irrelevant and not representative of your views, as do others. people that get personal on that level dilute they argument in my opinion. hypocritical i know, considering what i posted this afternoon, but the person that has aroused my suspicions operates on a worrying scale and deserves to be called out.;)

good to see you back on this thread.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't let it get you down, lm. i know your username is irrelevant and not representative of your views, as do others. people that get personal on that level dilute they argument in my opinion. hypocritical i know, considering what i posted this afternoon, but the person that has aroused my suspicions operates on a worrying scale and deserves to be called out.;)

good to see you back on this thread.:)

Thanks. I feel better now.

and yes i agree about the person you have suspicions about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I feel better now.

and yes i agree about the person you have suspicions about.

you're welcome. its not always easy to rise above personal comments, but for what its worth, i saw nothing particularly bad about what you wrote in that thread. it was your own opinion and wasn't based on some misplaced bias like what was suggested.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i may have rose above it. Whyhelloworld - this member will not shut up. They are continuing the drama still.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    best to leave it there, lm. it takes a bigger person sometimes to walk away.;) like i said previously, your original comment seemed constructive from the way i read it.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah your right. I will have to avoid the thread, which is a shame as i wanted to discuss the album with people. I'll stay here with my fellow Madonna lovers instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah your right. I will have to avoid the thread, which is a shame as i wanted to discuss the album with people. I'll stay here with my fellow Madonna lovers instead.

no, just no. you have as much a right as anybody else to post in that thread, don't be intimated by words which are meaningless in the bigger picture. what i was referring to was the altercation specifically and perhaps that particular discussion had run its course, not that i think that you were responsible for that in any way. ;)

by all means still here though, i believe it or not there were people that missed you here and its good to have you back.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok then

That's nice. I thought people were glad to see the back of me. Thanks for being so lovely to me Gpk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok then

That's nice. I thought people were glad to see the back of me. Thanks for being so lovely to me Gpk.

that is not true from my point of view at all and i am sure other people missed your contribution.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that is not true from my point of view at all and i am sure other people missed your contribution.:)

:):):D