Facebook web app - Android Smartphone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
Forum Member
Hi,

Has anyone ever used the Facebook web app with an Android Smartphone and what did/do you think of it compared to the "normal" Facebook app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wlfacebookl&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS53bGZhY2Vib29rbCJd

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i havent used it, but may just create a link in Chrome on my phone for the mobile site, im so sick of the actual FB app, its too unreliable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow mobile site is amazing im gonna go back to that not sure youd need that app, just create a link to the mobile fb site an you can save the url to your home screen.
    Does the app you've linked provide notifications?
  • Ultraman1966Ultraman1966 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Until the last month or so the facebook was utter tripe but it has improved a lot now and definitely shows promise. Not sure what problems you guys having, care to share?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pages not loading , comments white screen , constant network connection errors on wifi?? , just a geberal not working of stuff, mobile site works a charm though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    since FB changed their android app the home page takes forever 'updating' sometimes missing a whole 24hrs. Facebook via Chrome works much better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I found that the latest version of facebook android app is very heavy on my HTC Hero. My phone gets slow and hangs when using it. I think it had something to do with the app triggering the phone's GPS constantly. My phone even shut down randomly in normal use. So I deleted the app and my phone stopped crashing. I now just visit facebook through my browser on my phone with no problems. the mobile site is perfect so why use the app?
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to use friendcaster but since the big update its been pretty stable.

For any users of HTC, I believe Sense interface has some sort of plug-in / connector that seems to have problems with the latest version of facebook app.