The inbetweens 2

guttridgeguttridge Posts: 1,868
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So who is looking forward to it? I'm looking forward to it . It be a great laugh but I don't think it be as good as the first and I can see it being nit great. Your views please ?

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first two series of The Inbetweeners were hilarious. Well written, funny, daring at times, the characters really worked.

By the third series, the characters had become stale and almost unlikeable, the situations tired and the end really was the right time.

Dragging the back for one film was a money spinner for the four lead actors. To drag then up once again is unbelievable. It's had it's day, leave it be!!

From the screaming and shouting in the ads, I won't be parting with my cash to see this. All you need is Simon shouting 'Car-leeeeee' and it's like some of the weaker last episodes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    The first two series of The Inbetweeners were hilarious. Well written, funny, daring at times, the characters really worked.

By the third series, the characters had become stale and almost unlikeable, the situations tired and the end really was the right time.

Dragging the back for one film was a money spinner for the four lead actors. To drag then up once again is unbelievable. It's had it's day, leave it be!!

From the screaming and shouting in the ads, I won't be parting with my cash to see this. All you need is Simon shouting 'Car-leeeeee' and it's like some of the weaker last episodes

Yep, pretty much this.

I doubt they're ever going to re-capture the brilliance of the first two series. Though I did think the first episode of Series 3 (the fashion show one) was very funny as well.

The first film was quite enjoyable when I first saw it, but it doesn't hold up to repeat viewings. In fact, it just annoys the hell out of me now. The characters are so unlikeable and poorly written. It had a lot of potential that it just wasted, unfortunately.

I'm in two minds about whether to see the sequel. It may very well pleasantly surprise me, but I've got a nagging feeling that it's going to be awful. I'll see what the reviews say about it next week, but I'm certainly unsure about it at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Not looking forward to this at all. But I guess they are right to cash in on it while they can! The movie was ok but nothing compared to the tv show
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got back from seeing it. It took me a while but by the end I was loving it. There is one scene in the middle which had everyone in hysterics. It involves Will and Neil, that's all I'm saying :D
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing this next week - what's on the soundtrack? :D
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I just got back from seeing it and loved it :)
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the girls from the last film in this one? Lucy, Alison, Jane and Lisa?

is there any mention of them?
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first film was just about watchable but I can't see the need for a second one other than greed on the part of all involved which always guarantees rubbish.
    I saw the first one with a free ticket and wouldn't spend any of my own money to see this one either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jxbrenna wrote: »
    Are the girls from the last film in this one? Lucy, Alison, Jane and Lisa?

is there any mention of them?

Lucy's in it, which suits me fine because Tamla Kari is gorgeous! ;-)
    I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know if the others are mentioned. I imagine they are, but they're not in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lucy's in it, which suits me fine because Tamla Kari is gorgeous! ;-)
    I haven't seen it yet, so I don't know if the others are mentioned. I imagine they are, but they're not in it.

i know that Alison isnt in it :/
    im reading conflicting posts about Jane being in it and then another saying she isnt :/ ive also heard that her and Jay agree to go on a break for his gap yr :L
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    I'm seeing this with my brother tonight. :) hoping that it doesn't disappoint.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Jane is the movie as that's part of the plot .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    feel free to put spoilers :)
    but please please please put them in spoilers tags and perhaps even a warning before hand :) respect others who don't want to be :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jxbrenna wrote: »
    feel free to put spoilers :)
    but please please please put them in spoilers tags and perhaps even a warning before hand :) respect others who don't want to be :)

You're right, apologies :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right, apologies :p

I want spoilers I ain't fussed but I'm just respecting others :)
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first one was passable but it's just plain laziness having another film of them on holiday again. It's a cliche of TV series being made into films that the cast sod off abroad and much hilarity ensues, or not as the case may be. I'll pass on this one, the bubbles burst.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw it today and, in contradiction of my rather sceptical comment about it upthread, I absolutely loved it. It was far funnier than the first one and it definitely managed to re-capture some of the brilliance that made me love the TV show in the first place. :D

It's still got the crude humour of course. There's a brilliant but revolting scene when they go to the water park (which I won't spoil) that will make you retch and guffaw simultaneously. But the banter and the witty jokes are there at the same time. Will's summation in the latter half of the film of the preposterous 'spiritually aware', trustafarian gap-yah tossers is a real 'punch the air' moment.

Some of the jokes fall flat but, for the most part, it's hugely enjoyable. I definitely recommend going to see it, especially if you're sceptical about it like I was beforehand. You never know, you might be pleasantly surprised by it like I was. :)
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I saw it tonight and it had me and the rest of the cinema in hysterics at times.

The water park scene will probably go down in history as one of the great comedy film moments. It was absolutely hilarious. I thought I'd never stop laughing!

If you're a fan of The Inbetweeners, you would be crazy to miss this.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will's summation in the latter half of the film of the preposterous 'spiritually aware', trustafarian gap-yah tossers is a real 'punch the air' moment.

I agree, I loved that bit!
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I saw it tonight and it had me and the rest of the cinema in hysterics at times.

The water park scene will probably go down in history as one of the great comedy film moments. It was absolutely hilarious. I thought I'd never stop laughing!

If you're a fan of The Inbetweeners, you would be crazy to miss this.

I don't think I've laughed that much in a cinema since The Hangover!! (the first one)
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3rd biggest Wedsnday opening in UK box office history, biggest single day ever for a comedy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28690456

Impressive really. I've only seen the first series (which I thought was really funny) but I haven't seen the rest or the first film. Everyone of my age has probably gone to see this, though I have no desire to. Tbh I've never been to see a comedy at the cinema ever :blush:
  • Kitty5Kitty5 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Went to see this last night. Very, very funny.
    Loved the opening scene!
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think everyone thought it would be rubbish as they only made it because the first one made so much money and they didn't show it to critics either so I'm a bit surprised how good the reviews have been.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think a third needs to happen (though perhaps not another holiday) just to make it a trilogy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Went to see this earlier, very funny. I would recommend this film.
    Can anyone help, does anyone know the name of the guy who played Steven?