Escape Plan - October 18 Stallone vs Schwarzenegger

Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
Forum Member
✭✭
I am looking forward to the first proper film with stallone and schwarzennegger together as in Expendables movies schwarzennger only had cameos.

I was a big fan of both actors films in the 80s and 90s and better late than never that they are making films together now.

Comments

• rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they should have done it when they were both in their prime.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I think they should have done it when they were both in their prime.

Back in the 80's this was seen as the ultimate pairing. I think everyone expected them to appear together in the same film at some point. Shame it never happened in their prime as you say. That would have been a huge smash hit. Rambo could have teamed up with Arnie's Predator or Commando character!
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer for this looks surprisingly good, though it is one of those (all too common) types of trailer that seems to tell us the entire plot...

Yes, in the 80's this pairing would have been unbeatable, but Arnie's comeback so far has been very muted, so hopefully the Expendables' audience will turn up for this, especially if it's any good...
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arnold looks quite good for his age, one too many wise crack in-jokes in the trailer, it might not be too obvious in something like The Expendables but I'd wish they'd remember they're making a film and not derail the drama.

Didn't watch all the trailer, not going to have the entire plot ruined for me when the obligatory final explosions are shown.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this Tango & Cash, The Worthers Originals Years?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Why have you titled it Stallone vs Schwarzenegger?

From what i've seen they are on the same side.
  • Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we never know. there could be a plot twist where arnie is a villain.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad they've brought forward the release date. Originally we weren't getting it over here til January.
  • BowmaniBowmani Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Confirmed release date is 21st November, it's not out in October!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bowmani wrote: »

It was november but now its october 18 thankfully.:) I seen a poster advert on a bus today which also said october 18.

http://www.filmdates.co.uk/films/3789-escape-plan/
  • intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Why have you titled it Stallone vs Schwarzenegger?

From what i've seen they are on the same side.

If you watch the trailer they have at least one fight scene, so it's technically true ;)
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trailer for this looks surprisingly good..

Really?!? I thought it looked appalling. Stallone looks like he died five years ago but nobody told him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was all that botox injections he has had over the years. Arnold looks natural for his age but stallone looks like he is in his mid 70s at times.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Arnie looks quite good for his age (though obviously he's in his 60's), I thought the trailer looked quite good :D
    In The Last Stand I thought he looked visibily old :D:o
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bowmani wrote: »

In that case they've made a huge error on the trailer on TV!
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pension Plan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think they should have made it in their prime too, but it was just too expensive for studios,
    with Stallone, Schwarzenegger & Willis all commanding 20mil a picture the actors were money spinners on their own without bringing the others in.

now the film industry has changed its benefical to them to do it.

Im actually looking forward to it!
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS gave this a 4/5 star review. So if they liked it, it MUST be good! :D
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This couldn't have happened any earlier, as Stallone and Schwarzenegger actually disliked each other (sometimes violently) for quite some time according to Stallone in a recent interview on US TV.

The trailer looks good though and I really want to go see this!
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I watched Escape Plan today and found it good fun if a little bit cheesy.Also it could have done with being a little bit shorter.Although I thought Arnie and Sly worked well together!

By the way for a nice chance none of the films end is spoilt by the trailer.Although it is a bit predictable!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it today. Thought it was very entertaining and much better than Stallone and Schwarzenegger's earlier solo films The Last Stand and Bullet to the head. Unlike the Expendables movies which had weak plots, this film has a surprisingly good plot.

At times it reminds you of the prison in Face/Off and even of Stallone's previous prison film Lock-up. Stallone and schwarzenegger made a good team. Arnie steals the show especially at the end When he finally gets to the CHOPPA!

I give it a solid 8/10.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this.

Contrary to popular opinion, I enjoyed Arnie's & Sly's last lead role films, The Last Stand & Bullet To The Head.

It's good too see these old action legends teaming up as joint leads.

I expect the film to be ridiculously cheesy & far fetched, but full of relentless action & that's what I go to the cinema for.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed this last night, thought it was good fun and the 2 pensioners looked like they had a ball.
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member
    I saw it at the weekend, thought it was pretty good.

It made me wish it had been made during Stallone's purple patch revival around Demolition Man/Cliffhanger/Daylight, though I doubt Arnie of that period would have agreed to a supporting role.

Probably could have done with a McTiernan type director to make it be a bit more standout
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good film. I dont think you noyice the age much.