The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has jedward sent happens in the dark to chart show tv yet or is it the same reason can't play on uk tv

Which is odd as amateur video is shown on uktv like Your been framed and jedward weird wild world
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has jedward sent happens in the dark to chart show tv yet or is it the same reason can't play on uk tv

Which is odd as amateur video is shown on uktv like Your been framed and jedward weird wild world

I think I saw an earlier tweet from the Chart Show saying the boys had in touch and it would be available from next Monday.

Hope you get your iPhone twitter issues sorted. I'm on android so can't help much either. I do use a twitter app rather than proper twitter though - tweetdeck (which I love but is being stopped at end of May) and tweetcaster which isn't too bad.
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintwendy wrote: »
    I think they want to break into america, don't they?

Oh I really want to know what will happen later this year :') We know they will go to Australia soon, and Sweden to record songs and hopefully ESC appearances, and maybe some Much Music Awards related stuff. But apart from recording songs these are not major stuff.

They used to tell us everything, and now I'm not very used to that they can't tell us everything. :') I guess It is a special period of time for them atm, so I will be patient, and I believe in them.

BIB - I get that and these visits certainly make a good first impression but I don't understand how they are going to consolidate it or build on the foundations they've created, without some proper PR help? Of course, it could be this is in readiness for a new album.
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes! ChartshowTV tweeted: "Okay Jedheads, good news - the boys have been in touch! We should have our hands on the video to play for ya by start of the week :)"

I just hope they didn't tell him they would be sending it "soon" .......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    I think I saw an earlier tweet from the Chart Show saying the boys had in touch and it would be available from next Monday.

Hope you get your iPhone twitter issues sorted. I'm on android so can't help much either. I do use a twitter app rather than proper twitter though - tweetdeck (which I love but is being stopped at end of May) and tweetcaster which isn't too bad.

It's still not working it's a sore point in my house causing arguments

Can people keep all things jedward here for me as my laptop is in my fourth bedroom we have no wifi were we live or pm
    me
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowerduck wrote: »
    This is so cute and, if I remember correctly, was made by River T? :D

http://instagram.com/p/XM-w2HqWBH/

It was indeed. I am quite please with how well it fits her! It seemed stupidly small!
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    It was indeed. I am quite please with how well it fits her! It seemed stupidly small!

So good they tweeted it twice :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    I'm hoping that they are preparing the ground for the release of their next album, hopefully with a major new record label. Maybe they are trying to get better known in Canada, Australia and other countries ready for launching the album there?
    I think this is what they're trying to do, to land in some new continents before launching a new album. I cross my fingers for this.

It seems crazy that the twins are going to Australia before visiting some European countries with an existing fanbase. I know that being huge in, let's say, Latvia, may not help them too much in becoming global, but being in one of those European countries they've never been to, you get the feeling that they're done with their European efforts and that they're happy with what they have here.
    I'm ok with this, because I know that the only chance they visit my country is if they really become global and sign with a big music label, but I'm afraid some fans will feel left out and disappointed (specially those who have listened "we're coming to xxx soon" more than once)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I'm wondering if one of the reasons they are targeting Canada and Australia is because they are primarily English speaking countries?

The twins are so funny in interviews but they speak very quickly and its possible that a lot of their charm and humour is lost when there is a language barrier. I noticed when they did the radio phone in with Boy Thunder in Singapore that a lot of the callers were obviously confused as to what was being said to them.

Whatever the reasons, I'm loving seeing them spreading the Jedlove to new countries. The entertainment industry is a lot about getting your name known and it makes sense to do this preliminary work in those countries before the 4th album is released, so that when they are ready to promote that they have some good connections and can be sure to be able to get promo time. The Canadian TV shows would all be very happy to have them back and I'm confident they can charm the Australian media in the same way.

And as an aside I'd just like to say that John and Edward have never done anything the traditional way, so its not surprising their promo strategy is different to most other pop acts. Using their adoring fanbase to generate interest in them is a very smart move because it already positions them as being hugely popular, albeit in countries other than the ones being spammed. One of the lovely things about the Canadian TV appearances was seeing them being introduced as a very successful European pop act. We may know that their music doesn't get the recognition it deserves in the UK and other European countries but those Canadian TV people see how easily they can top trend on twitter and make the assumption they have a huge fanbase, which in turn makes them keen to get the twins on their shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So good they tweeted it twice :)

Indeed :D

Blaze is seriously tiny, I was mostly convinced it would be too small but when they said she falls out of most stuff people give her I now believe that!

Abba did very well out of going to Australia.
    Fingers crossed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feline2011 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if one of the reasons they are targeting Canada and Australia is because they are primarily English speaking countries?

The twins are so funny in interviews but they speak very quickly and its possible that a lot of their charm and humour is lost when there is a language barrier. I noticed when they did the radio phone in with Boy Thunder in Singapore that a lot of the callers were obviously confused as to what was being said to them.
    Definitely, translations are so tedious, and definitely they'd downgrade the twins' charm. It has happened to them in some german shows. Add that to the fact that the twins have a very special way of talking that would be totally lost in translation. Aiming to English speaking countries is the best choice for them.

I've read someone commenting that Australian media is quite thankful to those who go down under to promote themselves because not a lot of people do it so they treat them quite brilliantly. Is that true Ertana and Secret_passage?
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does everyone think? If the twins ask us to do something should we do it regardless? Do the positive responses outweigh the negatives? Or is more harm than good being done? I just don't know.

I think it depends how it's done and who it's done to. If it's a personal account (of a radio DJ, for example), then it's spamming up their @ replies. But if it's the account of a radio station that might be quite used to lots of requests, then that's going to work.

That gay community station seemed a lot less prepared for the Jed spam than the big commercial stations did. The commercial stations probably have a dedicated social media person, while the community station might even be looked after by a volunteer.

Copying and pasting the same message isn't going to be as effective as writing your own message. If I saw the exact same message from a whole lot of people, I'd be more likely to ignore it.

I guess it's just a matter of being sensible. I reckon find out about the person you're tweeting, figure out what sort of message that might like to receive and go from there. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read someone commenting that Australian media is quite thankful to those who go down under to promote themselves because not a lot of people do it so they treat them quite brilliantly. Is that true Ertana and Secret_passage?

Yeah, that's at least the case in NZ, and I'd say similar applies in Australia. There are all these TV shows and radio shows that are always looking for interesting guests. If two charismatic Irish pop twins come to town, I'd say they stand a very good chance of getting booked!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re: always obeying the twins orders.

I don't if I think it is against their interests to do so, I'm not going to blindly obey.
    Unfocused spam, most people find annoying. Which in turn makes most people find them annoying before they've really heard of them properly.

There is a time and place to spam to get them noticed (the teenwolf thing for example) but I prefer a more tailored to your recipient effort. I find it works better if you get to know them first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a time and place to spam to get them noticed (the teenwolf thing for example) but I prefer a more tailored to your recipient effort. I find it works better if you get to know them first.
    I totally agree
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't if I think it is against their interests to do so, I'm not going to blindly obey.
    Unfocused spam, most people find annoying. Which in turn makes most people find them annoying before they've really heard of them properly.

Sometimes I think "What would this look like if it was tweeted by a Justin Bieber fan?" And if the answer is "crazy and annoying", then I think about how to change it so it becomes Jepic and cool! :D
  • ErtanaErtana Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Definitely, translations are so tedious, and definitely they'd downgrade the twins' charm. It has happened to them in some german shows. Add that to the fact that the twins have a very special way of talking that would be totally lost in translation. Aiming to English speaking countries is the best choice for them.

Sydney and Melbourne are on the big act touring route so are used to getting all the big names. NZ and cities like Perth seem quite grateful to receive international acts as they are quite out of the way.

I'ts hard to gauge how well the twins will be received in Australia. Quite a significant percentage of the population are originally from the UK and Ireland. Sadly, in my own experience if they're aware of Jedward, often what they've heard is the same old 'no talent, can't sing' rubbish perception. But not always, sometimes all they know is the spikey hair.:)

The Australian media team from Eurovision (which is big in Aus) wasn't always very complimentary towards the twins either. Do you remember that one female Aus journalist covering EV, said in an interview to some TV presenters back in Aus, who were envious and wanted to meet the boys, don't be envious, they never stop talking and are the most annoying people she'd ever met. Sigh.

However, as you all know, Australia hold their own voting system during Eurovision and even with the negative bias from the journo's, Jedward were runaway winners both times, so there are definitely fans here. That gives me hope that they will be well received. Anyway, the twins mostly charm everyone they meet. I think they will go down a treat.:)
    I'm particularly looking forward to the magazine interviews and photo shoots. Girlfriend mag in particular as they are very pro Jedward. A hot photoshoot will get the teenage girls on board. If they get the teen support, the battle is won.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worse is the "have you heard of Jedward?" spam to people we have already won over, have featured them in the shows/magazines/websites etc. It just screams this tweet is from someone who has never heard of you before and seems kinda rude and insulting.

Like imagine spamming Leyton at chartshow. He's a fan, he flew to
    Dublin to see the panto for goodness sake. Angus at bump has slowly been won over, it could easily turn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I think "What would this look like if it was tweeted by a Justin Bieber fan?" And if the answer is "crazy and annoying", then I think about how to change it so it becomes Jepic and cool! :D

Running the tweet though a how does this read if I received it
    about someone I'm not interesting filter is wise advice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Australian media the twins have started following, these are the accounts that are following them back so far: @ChrisLilley TV producer, @MattyActon radio host, @karlstefanovic Today Show TV host, @DavidCampbell73 TV host of Mornings, @Angus_OL radio host of the Bump Show and @thetodayshow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    One thing to keep in mind - something went down in LA earlier this year involving a meeting that left the Jeds in a very good mood. It's likely that Louis had a hand in organising that. Also remember after the news broke that UMI had parted ways with the Jeds, Louis was quoted saying he was confident they'd find another label. I think there's stuff that's happened behind the scenes that can't be mentioned at the moment. Let's wait and see! :)

Another thing - in the early years, the Jeds did a lot of commercial endorsements. That let them build up a good financial base which means now they don't need to do all the ads and can take a step back and work on things for love, not money. So while they might not be as busy, when they do do something, it's Jepic!

I hope you're right about Louis. We don't know what happens behind the scene, but sometimes it looks like he's given up. For the boys sake, I hope I'm wrong. But he did have a wrong approach on some things, that, in my opinion, slowed down the process of making them huge popstars.
    Do you mean before the tour rather than the album? Before the album they had the Eurovision vocal coaching which meant that by the time they recorded Victory, their voices were so strong that the production didn't have to mix their voices beneath the backing vocals as was done on Planet Jedward. On Victory you can tell which twin is singing his part - that wasn't possible on Planet Jedward. And they improved even further with Young Love. The recent live performances of Young Love and Luminous really showed their strengths. :)

I agree, their voices have obviously improved. I am so happy that they started to sing live, without backing vocals or singing over their own vocals. It's clear they can do it, and although they're not Whitney Houston, they are obviously talented and can sing. I don't even care if there are a couple of tiny mistakes, cause singing live gives them a lot of credit. People have to recognize that.
    Indeed :D

Blaze is seriously tiny, I was mostly convinced it would be too small but when they said she falls out of most stuff people give her I now believe that!

Abba did very well out of going to Australia.
    Fingers crossed.

Congrats River_Tam, this is amazing!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the Australian media the twins have started following, these are the accounts that are following them back so far: @ChrisLilley TV producer, @MattyActon radio host, @karlstefanovic Today Show TV host, @DavidCampbell73 TV host of Mornings, @Angus_OL radio host of the Bump Show and @thetodayshow

I'm very excited about them following Chris Lilley. He's a fab comedic actor who is responsible for the three brilliant series Summer Heights High, Angry Boys and We Can We Heroes - mockumentaries in which he plays all the main characters. I'd love to see what Jepic adventures he could get up to with the Jeds!
    Forum Member
    I'm very excited about them following Chris Lilley. He's a fab comedic actor who is responsible for the three brilliant series Summer Heights High, Angry Boys and We Can We Heroes - mockumentaries in which he plays all the main characters. I'd love to see what Jepic adventures he could get up to with the Jeds!

Yes! Me too. He's following the twins on twitter now. Fingers crossed for some kind of collaboration. How crazy would that be?
    Forum Member
    Yay! Chris Lilley just tweeted the twins:

Chris Lilley‏@ChrisLilley8m
    @planetjedward:hey Chris its John and Edward @NASHOVERSTREET said you will help us find an adventure in Australia!" yep.its happening.when?
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happens in Dark is going to be shown on The Chart Show, sky 365 at 3.55pm, 5.55pm 7.55pm and 9.55pm today :)
This discussion has been closed.