This is the End - new Seth Rogen comedy

Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
Forum Member
✭✭✭
saw this last night , it's pretty good , very funny in parts .

Basically it's Rogen and all his mates - jonah hill , james franco , danny mcbride , and they basically play themselves and there's a lot of jokes about their own abilities and careers , plus some surprise cameos .

then about 20 minutes in all hell breaks loose (pretty much literally ) .

if you like knocked up , superbad , pineapple express etc. I think you'll like this , it did go down well with the audience I have to say .

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saw the trailer to this today and i must say it looks pretty funny, even though i'm not a huge seth rogen fan. I did love the bit that (i think) Danny McBride did to the camera where he said "So basically Hermione turned up and stole all our shit" :D
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is a bit where they're all talking about Hermione and it's one of the funnniest bits in the movie , but I won't say what they talk about !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    im looking forward to this!! it looks funny as f*ck
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you like knocked up , superbad , pineapple express etc. I think you'll like this , it did go down well with the audience I have to say .

I haven't actually seen most of those of much with the guys in it but i saw the trailer the other day and think it looks good. I like anything with the meta style in-jokes and stuff so should be fun.
  • RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Went to a preview screening on Tuesday and have to say that it's the best film that I've seen at the cinema this year:cool:...
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This looks hilarious. I will be watching!
  • xxstephiebabixxxxstephiebabixx Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if only the ground would open up and take rihanna :rolleyes:
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw the trailer again today, can't wait to see it!

I wonder what happens to the milky way??? :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just got back from seeing it. utterly, utterly brilliant. just loved every minute of it. definitely my film of the year so far.

i loved michael cera's brief, but spectacular appearance :)
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am watching this film, this weekend, despite not being a keen fan of Danny McBride or Seth Rogen. I am hoping it will be enjoyable but I am thinking that a lot of "stoner and weed" jokes are going to be there and I just don't find it funny.

I had hoped that a different film would have been chosen but can't have everything can you :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am watching this film, this weekend, despite not being a keen fan of Danny McBride or Seth Rogen. I am hoping it will be enjoyable but I am thinking that a lot of "stoner and weed" jokes are going to be there and I just don't find it funny.

I had hoped that a different film would have been chosen but can't have everything can you :)

All I can say is that I'm really not a fan of Seth Rogen either but this film worked very well. I've only seen Danny McBride in a couple of things so I don't really have an opinion either way, but I think if you're aware of the actors and the films they've been in, you'll enjoy it as you'll appreciate the overly exaggerated versions of themselves that they play.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm no fan of comedies or the actors who star in them but I thought this was a blast and the funniest film I've seen in years.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I posted this in the other thread that I really enjoyed This Is The End.Danny McBride was great in it!

I do however find the ending a bit cringe worthy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I posted this in the other thread that I really enjoyed This Is The End.Danny McBride was great in it!

I do however find the ending a bit cringe worthy!

agreed! the ending was so cheesy :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ending fitted in with how utterly random it was :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agreed! the ending was so cheesy :D

which is why I think it worked so well :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    which is why I think it worked so well :)

oh yeh i did find it funny and it fitted with the film (was also a tribute) but it did make me cringe a bit :p
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was pretty hilarious and I like the fact that they literally took the piss out of the cast especially Franco. The cameos are great especially
    Channing Tatum,

It was interesting that Jay Baruchel was treated as an outsider compared to the rest of the group but I think it worked in context. The scene where Danny rips into the group is very funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    It was pretty hilarious and I like the fact that they literally took the piss out of the cast especially Franco. The cameos are great especially
    Channing Tatum,

It was interesting that Jay Baruchel was treated as an outsider compared to the rest of the group but I think it worked in context. The scene where Danny rips into the group is very funny.

that cameo was brilliant. i do wish they had more surprise cameos though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved the film!
    Channing Tatum
    made the film in my opinion!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Jonwo wrote: »

He's not a famous as the rest of the group, and he's the only one of the Canadians in the group that refuses to leave Canada. So it's quite feasible he would be considered an outsider at large Hollywood events..
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this today, absolutely brilliant. Fantastic.

Thought Jay Baruchel was especially great! :) Loved the Paul Rudd cameo as well :D
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw it tonight, loved it, not so much the end thought.

I find Jay Baruchel really attractive :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're did Emma Watson go!!
    why wasn't she raptured ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot Paul Rudd was briefly in it!.
    kendoguk wrote: »
    We're did Emma Watson go!!