The Nolan's and their silly feuds

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was under the impression that following Bernie's death they'd put all of the falling outs behind them because they'd learned the hard way that life can be short etc.

However today in the Daily Mirror Coleen has given an interview where she says that although she's patched things up with Anne who was the one who got left out of the tour, she's still not speaking to Denise. The root cause of this seems to be an argument that Denise had with Coleen's hubby Ray. Aside from the fact that Ray sounds like a bit of a knob anyway, the whole thing seems ridiculously petty.

Then you have Linda and her silly vendetta against Jim Davidson which made her come over as a bit unhinged on Celebrity Big Brother. The whole family seem to be unable to let bygones be bygones and hold grudges for the silliest reasons.

What the hell is their problem?:confused:

Comments

• NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A severe case of Lackofattentionitis.

Coleen Nolan is right down in the gutter with the likes of Andre, Katona, Price etc for selling every little aspect of her life for a bit of attention in redtops and trash rags.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    Coleen Nolan always seems to be going after someone. Hardly a week goes by without her badmouthing somebody in one magazine or another. The saddest thing about Colleen and Linda is that they think they are justified in whatever nastiness they want to spout about almost everyone. You'd think a family feud would be kept private, out of respect for the children of the various family members but not when Colleen gets started. Just when you think there is no further Nolan skeleton left in the closet, trust her to drag out another.

I felt a bit sorry for Linda at some points in BB as she really seemed unaware of how she was showing herself up. As soon as she came out and carried out with more of the same against Jim, turning it up on a daily basis in the first week the only conclusion I could come to is that she really is as vile as she appeared to be. Colleen and Linda one day will end up with no-one but each other for company as they clearly can't get along with anyone else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've often thought the same about the Nolans. They're always having public bickering sessions and come across as really bitter and unforgiving.

All siblings have fallouts, of course, but keep it in the family - it's no one elses business.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    Coleen Nolan always seems to be going after someone. Hardly a week goes by without her badmouthing somebody in one magazine or another. The saddest thing about Colleen and Linda is that they think they are justified in whatever nastiness they want to spout about almost everyone. You'd think a family feud would be kept private, out of respect for the children of the various family members but not when Colleen gets started. Just when you think there is no further Nolan skeleton left in the closet, trust her to drag out another.

I felt a bit sorry for Linda at some points in BB as she really seemed unaware of how she was showing herself up. As soon as she came out and carried out with more of the same against Jim, turning it up on a daily basis in the first week the only conclusion I could come to is that she really is as vile as she appeared to be. Colleen and Linda one day will end up with no-one but each other for company as they clearly can't get along with anyone else.

Eventually ,..I suspect they would turn on each other
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the Nolans, always have. I think they have a bit of Irish 'fire' in them though. I think it's sad that there are still tensions between them. Like a lot of people who were thrown into the spotlight while young, I know they've had their 'issues' but I don't think younger people are aware of how popular and busy they were in their day. I certainly wouldn't wish some of the tragedies they've gone through on anyone- ones that were not of their choosing, especially. I expect that they're much like any other large-ish family in terms of interpersonal disputes. They've never claimed to be saints. Coleen and Linda do seem to be the feistier of the sisters and may, up to a point, have been the authors of some of their own 'bad news'. Some might think that they just wear their hearts on their sleeves and find it difficult to 'hold back'.

Certain things said about Linda, including here on DS, on CBB were really poisonous and went far beyond anything she said or did wrong. She didn't deserve that level of hatred and some of the people aiming it in her direction could have done with taking a real hard look at themselves. I'm not talking about those who were critical of her but those who went into overdrive with pure vitriol. I can be catty at times, but the level of abuse she (and Coleen) got really shocked me.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm In The Mood For Dancing all over your feelings and reputation.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I like the Nolans, always have. I think they have a bit of Irish 'fire' in them though. I think it's sad that there are still tensions between them. Like a lot of people who were thrown into the spotlight while young, I know they've had their 'issues' but I don't think younger people are aware of how popular and busy they were in their day. I certainly wouldn't wish some of the tragedies they've gone through on anyone- ones that were not of their choosing, especially. I expect that they're much like any other large-ish family in terms of interpersonal disputes. They've never claimed to be saints. Coleen and Linda do seem to be the feistier of the sisters and may, up to a point, have been the authors of some of their own 'bad news'. Some might think that they just wear their hearts on their sleeves and find it difficult to 'hold back'.

Certain things said about Linda, including here on DS, on CBB were really poisonous and went far beyond anything she said or did wrong. She didn't deserve that level of hatred and some of the people aiming it in her direction could have done with taking a real hard look at themselves. I'm not talking about those who were critical of her but those who went into overdrive with pure vitriol. I can be catty at times, but the level of abuse she (and Coleen) got really shocked me.

BIB, couldn't agree more, a lot of it made uncomfortable reading.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »

Great post, dorydaryl, and well said. I don't really know too much about them as a family but couldn't agree more with your 2nd paragraph and the truly vicious treatment Linda was subjected to during CBB.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I was under the impression that following Bernie's death they'd put all of the falling outs behind them because they'd learned the hard way that life can be short etc.

However today in the Daily Mirror Coleen has given an interview where she says that although she's patched things up with Anne who was the one who got left out of the tour, she's still not speaking to Denise. The root cause of this seems to be an argument that Denise had with Coleen's hubby Ray. Aside from the fact that Ray sounds like a bit of a knob anyway, the whole thing seems ridiculously petty.

Then you have Linda and her silly vendetta against Jim Davidson which made her come over as a bit unhinged on Celebrity Big Brother. The whole family seem to be unable to let bygones be bygones and hold grudges for the silliest reasons.

They are both loyal to their husbands which is the way it should be, however theres no need to go bleating to the press about it.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why why why do these people think that WE the general public have one iota of fascination with why they are not talking to each other. I could not care less who is talking to who in the Nolan family, how long they have not been talking, why they are not talking or when they will ever talk to each other again.

Imagine sitting minding your own business on a park bench and a stranger walks up to you and starts offloading their entire family history to you. Wouldn't you look at this person baffled and ask… why are you telling me this…. I don't even know you !!!!!

This is the same only with extra cheek….. this one expects us all to PAY for hearing the whole story in her BOOK !!!!

Bore off….you nonentity !!
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't trust Colleen as a friend. I think she'd always be flirting with my husband behind my back and sticking the knife into me every chance she'd get whilst being all supportive to my face.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Thank you OP for start this thread, sadly I am Daily Mirror reader, but last few days with Coleen Noren stories was so argh!!

And I read today's and one thing got my goat was this piece;

Relations started to get frosty between myself, Anne and Denise in 2006 when I was commuting up and down to London to do Loose Women. Anne offered to help Ray look after our daughter Ciara and they ended up having a row. Ray had been helping Anne’s daughters get into showbusiness but when they decided to give up their ambitions and take nine to five jobs, he couldn’t hide his disappointment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/coleen-nolan-reveals-family-rift-3224908#ixzz2vambONpZ

So what? Is getting into showbusiness better than normal jobs? :confused:
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit I thought Coleen was pretty back in the day.

(To a 9 / 10 year old!)
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is this another biography by the tell it all, wash the dirty linen in public Coleen? Do we really need to know that one of the sisters is not in her good books? She should try to keep her mouth shut it's making her look even more mean than I already thought she was.:o
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Thank you OP for start this thread, sadly I am Daily Mirror reader, but last few days with Coleen Noren stories was so argh!!

Relations started to get frosty between myself, Anne and Denise in 2006 when I was commuting up and down to London to do Loose Women. Anne offered to help Ray look after our daughter Ciara and they ended up having a row. Ray had been helping Anne’s daughters get into showbusiness but when they decided to give up their ambitions and take nine to five jobs, he couldn’t hide his disappointment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/coleen-nolan-reveals-family-rift-3224908#ixzz2vambONpZ

Is that IT?? Someone decides they don't want to do show biz ..so she stopped speaking to her sister ... Very disappointed... Thought it would be more interesting than that
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are both loyal to their husbands which is the way it should be, however theres no need to go bleating to the press about it.

But Coleen has never been shy about coming forward on badmouthing her ex Shane Ritchie. I always feel sorry for the kids in this set up. Fine think what you like about each other when a marriage breaks down but keep the kids out of it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    A severe case of Lackofattentionitis.

Coleen Nolan is right down in the gutter with the likes of Andre, Katona, Price etc for selling every little aspect of her life for a bit of attention in redtops and trash rags.

This, to be honest.

I did think they would have grown up after Bernie's tragic and untimely death though. Sad to hear they haven't. They must be so immature and petty.
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    But Coleen has never been shy about coming forward on badmouthing her ex Shane Ritchie. I always feel sorry for the kids in this set up. Fine think what you like about each other when a marriage breaks down but keep the kids out of it

Same mother who promised her 16 years old son a sex with a prostitute if he passed his GCSEs?
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same mother who promised her 16 years old son a sex with a prostitute if he passed his GCSEs?

Btw how come Coleen left Loose Women then returned a few months after. Why did she initially leave and what prompted her to return
    Forum Member
    redcherry wrote: »
    Btw how come Coleen left Loose Women then returned a few months after. Why did she initially leave and what prompted her to return

Same for soap actors who leave the Soaps for Hollywood but later back to Soaps cos no-one want them?
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Everything I've ever read about the infamous Ray makes me dislike him. Coleen even said yesterday that he resented her two sons success in showbusiness. He sounds like a right childish arse and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was responsible for the original fall out.

I also feel so sorry for Coleen's kids having to read the gory details of the mothers sex life.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd think that Bernie's death would have taught her sisters that life is too short for stupid, pointless arguments. Unfortunately, they would seem to have learned nothing from it. Which is especially sad for their kids, who are the innocents in all of this.

As for Coleen - she needs to get a grip and realise that not everyone wants to be in showbiz. Her nieces sound like they have their heads screwed on right.

Incidentally, what qualifies Ray (aka Mr Coleen) to help people get into showbiz?
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything I've ever read about the infamous Ray makes me dislike him. Coleen even said yesterday that he resented her two sons success in showbusiness. He sounds like a right childish arse and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was responsible for the original fall out.

I also feel so sorry for Coleen's kids having to read the gory details of the mothers sex life.

Really?:o Blimey, that's wrong on so many levels!:o
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything I've ever read about the infamous Ray makes me dislike him.

His face annoys me.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redcherry wrote: »

At the time there were rumours she may have been axed so it's better to jump that way the doors is not closed, though I wouldn't mind betting the hubbie was behind it as it was rumoured he didn't like her doing the show it was said he was going to leave her if she didn't leave . I get the impression he doesn't deal very well with others in the family having more fame than him.

She returned as the new ITV daytime boss asked her back as she likes her , same new boss does not like Carol Vorderman who she basically got rid of from Countdown or Andrea and has reduced both to one show per week.

I found it odd with Colleen that she was all matey with the other women on her original stint and used to spend time round at Denise's house at weekends etc then sold a story to the tabloids after she left that she didn't stay in touch with any of them and that it was all bitchy on LW