Looper - Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any idea when a trailer for this will air!?!?!

Apparently one was shown at WonderCon but NO ONE recorded it.

This article from IGN gives more detail about the plot

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1221028p1.html

It's also directed by Rian Johnson the Director of Brick (a fantastic high-school noir also starring Levitt)

Comments

• Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's one of Rian's tweets https://twitter.com/rcjohnso/status/182519726835122177 says the trailer might be out on April 14th
  • Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does look like it could be worth a look...

Looper - Official Teaser Trailer (HD) - YouTube
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Strange to see someone asking when a trailer will be released and not the film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Strange to see someone asking when a trailer will be released and not the film.

Because the release date is the 28th September.......

Why is it strange?
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a good year for JGL.

Empire have given Looper 5/5 review. The last film that received 5 stars from them was The Dark Knight Rises and who was in that, you got it, JGL! Looper is getting rave reviews.

The Dark Knight Rises, Premium Rush, Looper and Lincoln all in 2012. Not bad going.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks good, interesting concept.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my email for Cineworld for a special screening of this film on the 24th I might actually go to this one as it does look to be an interesting story. It has a feel of a Philip K Dick story so it might be quite good.
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the reviews are anything to go by it's going to be one of the best sci-fi action films in recent years.

JG-L looks very different in it - strange make up to look like a young BW.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to see him getting good roles still, that Sky Broadband advert made me cringe a little. Just watched Hostage again, forgot what a great film it was.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Glad to see him getting good roles still, that Sky Broadband advert made me cringe a little. Just watched Hostage again, forgot what a great film it was.

Isn't that ad terrible lol.

Bruce gets better as he gets older!
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting raved about, 5 stars from Empire, from Kim Newman no less & 5 from Total Film.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out this Friday with a 4/5 score from DS.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Last couple of film, I've seen him in, for me, were awful...The Cold Light of Day and Lay the Favorite....
    Loving the Ad.

Looper looks good.:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks good.

Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt though, i think the only outcome was a good film :p
  • IrishColinCIrishColinC Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Cool I love time travel films, must see Looper!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watched it on Monday

i really enjoyed it

some very very interesting concepts explored including time travel

won't say anymore - worth a watch or two
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting film first half was great second half not so much
    wanted to know more about the other loopers and a final confrontation with the leader Abe, we dont even see him get killed :confused: Got rather bored with the farm girl and boy who i know are a huge part of the story think might need a rewatch and yes Gordon-levitt looks very different in this film! Also not sure I understood the ending was the farm boy JGL as a kid as he said his life went full circle :confused: was not happy that the boy was the rainmaker thought it would be some really cool scary dude:
    As I say interesting film might get better with rewatch:)
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was good, better then most futuristic/time travel movies of late, but it certainly isn't "this decades Matrix" like I saw quoted on the poster on side of a bus recently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was good, better then most futuristic/time travel movies of late, but it certainly isn't "this decades Matrix" like I saw quoted on the poster on side of a bus recently.

According to this article it may be deemed best time travel movie of all time:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this article it may be deemed best time travel movie of all time:eek:

I may have to politely disagree with that article :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting film first half was great second half not so much
    wanted to know more about the other loopers and a final confrontation with the leader Abe, we dont even see him get killed :confused: Got rather bored with the farm girl and boy who i know are a huge part of the story think might need a rewatch and yes Gordon-levitt looks very different in this film! Also not sure I understood the ending was the farm boy JGL as a kid as he said his life went full circle :confused: was not happy that the boy was the rainmaker thought it would be some really cool scary dude:
    As I say interesting film might get better with rewatch:)

yeah - I thought there was something more, in the way of - that little boy was Abe the whole time...as didn't Abe, especially younger Abe have a scar on their cheek? - or someone have scar on their cheek at some point during this movie, just like the lad got the flesh wound??? but that couldn't be right at all, as nobody else was an all powerful Telekinetic like that little lad was.
    Kind of wished it went more into the Rainmaker in the future, that story line felt a bit rushed.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Looper looks seriously awesome but the best time travel movie will always be Time After Time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    Looper looks seriously awesome but the best time travel movie will always be Time After Time.
    Back To The Future gets my vote
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah - I thought there was something more, in the way of - that little boy was Abe the whole time...as didn't Abe, especially younger Abe have a scar on their cheek? - or someone have scar on their cheek at some point during this movie, just like the lad got the flesh wound??? but that couldn't be right at all, as nobody else was an all powerful Telekinetic like that little lad was.
    Kind of wished it went more into the Rainmaker in the future, that story line felt a bit rushed.
    Yeah don't think it was mentioned that Abe had Telekinetic powers so don't think the boy was him? Hopefully once more people see the film they can try to explain also agree about BTTF being best time travel movie. When Willis hid down the alley and saw Levitts character running it made me think of Marty trying not to get spotted by his other self.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Saw this today. Hit the 3pm screening and was the only one in there! Result!!

Anyway... thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a little more sci-fi than I was expecting (from a movie with time travel amirite?) but it was a pleasant surprise. I felt that the film was purposefully dropping these huge hints about future plot development the whole time -
    telekinesis (oh, someone is gonna have that but superpowered), closing the loops (Oh, Joe is gonna have to close his loop). Basically you could see a lot of the plot coming from a mile off. What I liked though was the subtle touches that leave you with that lingering doubt about everything. Hooker touches Joe's foot - Mom touches Cid's foot. Mom touches Cid's hair - Mom touche's Joe's hair. WHAT IS GOING ON? I had this sense of the whole Terminator/Kyle Reese/John Connor thing going on in my mind. Like the loop had been going on for a long time, and there was some Terminator paradox involved. I couldn't be bothered to think about it too much yet. That shit will fry your brain yo. p.s. i'm drunk. :confused:

Edit: And as someone on the thread said about Abe - I missed that, but could well be possible too. I think this film has a lot of underlying stuffs going on. Might have to go watch it again.