Anyone not getting an Xbox One at launch?

cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been thinking about waiting until after Christmas to get an Xbox One console and the more I think about it the more it makes sense. I bought a new Xbox 360 250gb E console on Tuesday along with GTA V so I think I am just going to buy the new games releases for that one for now. I was also looking at the launch titles for the Xbox One and apart from Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse and one or two others the rest will be available on the Xbox 360 anyway. So at the moment it looks like I will be staying put until after Christmas, is anyone else thinking/doing the same?

Comments

• SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to wait, i ain't in any rush to get it.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting a PS4 at launch, so I'm holding off on Xbox One for now. I almost ordered one recently, but the reality is I would play Forza for a week before pushing it to one side and focusing on the PS4. Hard to justify, sadly.

It's my birthday in March, so that will be the perfect excuse to treat myself to an Xbox One. Hopefully Titanfall will be out by then.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was then I wasn't then I was but ultimately I'm not.

Turned off the next gen just now.

Might just splash out a few hundred on a new grx card and save myself a few hundred, dunno tho, I'm just thinking out loud.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I'm going to wait and see how it all pans out for a while.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope I was hyped up for both now I dnt really want to rush out for either, I'm going to wait until there's some nice deals going.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    I was then I wasn't then I was but ultimately I'm not.

haha same here!

I have a massive back log of Xbox 360/PS3 games to get through (plus GTA V/Fifa 14 & CoD ghosts) Which will keep me occupied for quite some time!!!

Maybe sometime after the new year...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally pre-ordered both new consoles and decided to cancel! Too many great games to play...
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! I've got both the xboxone & ps4 preordered ... & if I'm being honest I don't really want either @ launch!!! :o

(There's about a dozen ps3/360/wiiu titles I want this xmas!!! :) ... & I've got a massive backlog of previously bought titles + freebies from ps+ / XBL)

Will probably cancel both preorders tomorrow & use the £40 on PES2014! :)
  • cmooncmoon Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Nope, I'm going to wait and see how it all pans out for a while.

Exactly what I was thinking
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Iv'e been considering cancelling my pre-order for a few days now.A few weeks ago i was firmy sat on the 'hype train' but I've been trying to keep up with all the recent xbox one news as best as i can recently and amongst all the discussions about which platform will be best and all the fanboy talk of percentages,1080p screen shots and 'mine is bigger than yours' talk iv'e subsequently realised that i don't really care about graphics as much anymore, I'm far more impressed with the scope and sheer depth that GTA V has shown then any 1080p game running at a bazillion fps can muster up.

I think that waiting for a price drop and some more killer games such as Destiny,Titanfall and the Division may be a wiser choice for me.

I'm going to give it until the end of October, and if i still feel the same then I'll hit the cancel button.
  • HappyTreeHappyTree Posts: 4,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could talk about the disastrous things Xbox management have said and done over the past few months. How they showed me their real agenda and abject contempt for the public. How they completely lost my trust and feeling of brand loyalty and now make me wish I had never begun my console gaming on their path. I could even add that the PS4 seems to have been designed properly this time and looks much better.

But no. The main reason I will not be continuing with the Xbox brand is that I like playing games, I am a gamer, and I want a console that is designed for playing games. The Xbox has not been designed for me this time around. I do not want or need an entire media centre hub brain living space dominator. I just want to play. So it's goodbye from me, Xbox. You've changed, man.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    HappyTree wrote: »
    How they completely lost my trust and feeling of brand loyalty and now make me wish I had never begun my console gaming on their path.

This is a very odd thing to say.

Before my 360 i owned a ps2 and before that a ps1, and before that a Snes and although Europe got shafted and Sony had an inflated price for the ps3 due to the addition of blu-ray i have never once regretted gaming on their previous consoles. why would I? They were great consoles.

Ultimately Sony,Microsoft, Nintendo and many others before them such as Atari and Sega only care about one thing and thats getting as much as your money as possible, Sony have gone in one direction to empty your wallet and Microsoft have gone another.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Interesting to read how some of you have canceled or are thinking of cancelling. Personally I can't wait for November to get here, sick of the wait but it's all part of the fun. I'm more excited as time goes by.

However I will say I don't usually buy on day 1, in fact I usually wait a year or so for a catalogue of games to grow and a price drop. But this next gen is a little different since it's been so long coming, 8 years is a hell of a long time for a generation, it was time to move on yesterday.

I'm sure some of you having doubts and who were caught up in the initial hype will once again get swept up once things start nearing release, it's all anyone's going to be talking about!

And.. FORZA!
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre ordered and cant wait. 22nd i'll be there trying out next gen games Fifa 14, Forza and Ghosts. Not bothered about all the politics behind it. As long as the games are good, i'll be happy
  • Sarah489Sarah489 Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    I'll be buying one around easter time next year.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well guys ... I'm a proud owners of PES2014!!! :cool: cancelled em both!!! Will probably get a new system next xmas when there's summit actually worth playing! :rolleyes:

I'm quite relieved tbh! ;)
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me. I'm not getting one at all :D
  • Dave 8o]Dave 8o] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not interested in either console at the moment, I might consider a PS4 in a year or so, when the price has dropped, in the mean time I've blown the dust off my PS3 so I can play GTA V. The only game I've been interested in playing for quite some time.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edit - never mind
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm absolutely psyched for the new Xbox, and frankly the excitement keeps growing! This will be by far the most I've ever spent on a console launch, just over £1100 in total, and I couldn't be happier!

The games are the real stars here, The best lineup I've seen for a long time! I'm just hoping this announcement in two weeks is a new GoW or Crackdown!
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's why Im not getting it.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/tgs-microsoft-on-its-vision-for-xbox-one

Sounds like this is been rushed out to compete. They should have had all this done by now.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Here's why Im not getting it.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/tgs-microsoft-on-its-vision-for-xbox-one

Sounds like this is been rushed out to compete. They should have had all this done by now.

Yeah.

I have a habit of buying as many systems as possible, but with PS4 and Xbox One arriving so close together, reality dictates I can only buy one of them at launch.

It's crap like this which means I'm backing the other guys.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah.

I have a habit of buying as many systems as possible, but with PS4 and Xbox One arriving so close together, reality dictates I can only buy one of them at launch.

It's crap like this which means I'm backing the other guys.

It truly is a bit silly to release this machine now - they should get everything (all the core functions initially announced) sorted first and regionalised THEN release the damn thing.

This just makes it look like it isn't finished!!!!
  • Keith_13Keith_13 Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an Xbox one ordered, but my 360 died this week and I can't justify buying both so close together, so looks like I'll be cancelling the preorder.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It's just the TV feature, voice recognition is supported in the UK and everything that's related to games will be there day 1. Who cares about TV? That's not why I buy a console anyway.

It's no different to Sony lacking Gaikai at launch, something that's not predicted to reach Europe till 2015.