Saving Hope on Watch

anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Did anybody watch this new Canadian show on Wednesday night on Watch at 9pm? It says it's a Canadian supernatural medical drama starring Erica Durance, Daniel Gillies and Michael Shanks.

I think it's repeated on Monday at 8pm.

Comments

• natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anybody watch this new Canadian show on Wednesday night on Watch at 9pm? It says it's a Canadian supernatural medical drama starring Erica Durance, Daniel Gillies and Michael Shanks.

I think it's repeated on Monday at 8pm.

Yes I watched it last night it was ok nothing special but it watchable so I will carry on watching the only thing that I HATED was the stupid blue lights flashing across the screen it was so distracting I really hope it disappears soon :eek:

I also loved the fact that the main couple are Lois Lane & Hawkman from Smallville :)
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Yes I watched it last night it was ok nothing special but it watchable so I will carry on watching the only thing that I HATED was the stupid blue lights flashing across the screen it was so distracting I really hope it disappears soon :eek:

I also loved the fact that the main couple are Lois Lane & Hawkman from Smallville :)

The supernatural medical drama tag intrigued me. Can you give us a synopsis of what it's about please because I also read it's a love story or something? Is it like Ghost with doctors and nurses? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The supernatural medical drama tag intrigued me. Can you give us a synopsis of what it's about please because I also read it's a love story or something? Is it like Ghost with doctors and nurses? :D

Well the supernatural tag I assume comes from the fact that the main character ends up in a coma & we see him as a 'ghost type' person wandering the hospital keeping an eye on his fiancé & patients he also sees and speaks to the people who've died in the hospital but as yet no one alive has seen him yet not sure if they will or not :confused:

The love side of things comes from the main couple being about to marry before his accident & then a new doctor (played by Daniel Gillies) comes into the show as the lead woman's ex boyfriend so I'm assuming there's gonna be some will they hook up or not storylines!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the supernatural tag I assume comes from the fact that the main character ends up in a coma & we see him as a 'ghost type' person wandering the hospital keeping an eye on his fiancé & patients he also sees and speaks to the people who've died in the hospital but as yet no one alive has seen him yet not sure if they will or not :confused:

The love side of things comes from the main couple being about to marry before his accident & then a new doctor (played by Daniel Gillies) comes into the show as the lead woman's ex boyfriend so I'm assuming there's gonna be some will they hook up or not storylines!!

Hmmm I might check it out thanks. Just hope it hasn't been cancelled already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm I might check it out thanks. Just hope it hasn't been cancelled already.

I'd say give it a try especially as you'll be pleased to know there's a second season currently airing in Canada & the US :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say give it a try especially as you'll be pleased to know there's a second season currently airing in Canada & the US :D

That's good to hear because most of the new shows I was planning to watch have been cancelled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good to hear because most of the new shows I was planning to watch have been cancelled.

Let me know what you think of it once you've seen it :)
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I'm watching the second season now, and I'm enjoying it more than the first.

Natalie, unfortunately the blue light continues. If anything, I notice it more in the second season than I did in the first. I don't think it's ever gone away!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    I'm watching the second season now, and I'm enjoying it more than the first.

Natalie, unfortunately the blue light continues. If anything, I notice it more in the second season than I did in the first. I don't think it's ever gone away!

I'm close to giving up with the show to be honest Im struggling with it does it get better than the initial first few episodes?
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like the show but that idiotic (we are clever arty producers who enjoy putting in pointless distractions) blue light surely cannot run on in series 2.

Unless it has some actual purpose?

Otherwise it just makes them look like the camera crew is useless at their job.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my fav shows but I suspect that's more because of Michael Shanks than anything else
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I'm close to giving up with the show to be honest Im struggling with it does it get better than the initial first few episodes?

I think there are a few decent episodes. It will never be one of my favourite medical dramas, but the second season seems better to me. I've only kept it up for Daniel Gillies really...:o:D
    Like the show but that idiotic (we are clever arty producers who enjoy putting in pointless distractions) blue light surely cannot run on in series 2.

Unless it has some actual purpose?

Otherwise it just makes them look like the camera crew is useless at their job.

BIB - I think it's supposed to be an indication that something supernatural is occurring or is about to occur. It does carry on into season 2, but I'm finding it harder to tune it out.