change to virginmedia home page

Has any one else notice the change in the home page today , it now folds down from the left hand corner so far
down the page towards the bottom right hand corner,

saying welcome all new virginmedia,com coming soon>i wonder if it might mean we get new email address

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Google myself as it loads nice and quick without any rubbish on it :D
  • ZenithZenith Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always used the VM (previously ntl) page as my homepage, but will stop doing so unless they fix that bug in the Google search bar that keeps inserting "Search for?" every time you try to copy & paste into it, mucking up your search.:mad:
  • martymartmartymart Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Doesn't look much different to the current page.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    that's because it's the same page, the new look is coming soon.
  • intheknowintheknow Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    I noticed most of the links don't work on the jobs page and some of the affiliate links are bad !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be in preparation for new virgin.com email addresses as its been ages now since the re-brand yet things are still ex telewest this and ex ntl that!

Would be easier to get rid of that and for us customers we would not have to think 'were we ex this or ex that'

Maybe they have been waiting for the billing systems to merge which is due to be done this week, although i believe not all of it as my ma gets a broadband bill from harmony and another on the new system as she was on the old icms database where broadband STILL gets billed separate and through the old ntl system
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Went on the virgin media homepage earlier, no change but then about 15 minutes later i went on and now its changes, quite speedy!:)
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    Went on the virgin media homepage earlier, no change but then about 15 minutes later i went on and now its changes, quite speedy!:)

Looks good sports part loads instantly now.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Virgin a well known brand in the States?

I don't want my American friends thinking my email is now supplied by some kinky company!
  • intheknowintheknow Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    Yes it is!
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    Doesn't look much different to me but then I don't visit it that often.

As for speed, it took forever for the links to work, videos playing even though I hadn't clicked on them and it crashed IE twice. Dare I try it in Opera?
  • ZenithZenith Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zenith wrote: »
    I have always used the VM (previously ntl) page as my homepage, but will stop doing so unless they fix that bug in the Google search bar that keeps inserting "Search for?" every time you try to copy & paste into it, mucking up your search.:mad:
    Looks like the bug has been fixed.

I notice that they are using more of the page width now. That space down the left & right sides, which was previously used for advertising their football coverage, or for decorations (christmas, easter etc), is now being put to proper use.