iphone 5 - anyone still got one?

Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi, just wondered if anyone still has there iPhone 5 or older models and is keeping it now the 5S has been released.

Just its my birthday on 19 October and my old Nan has just told me she has bought me the iPhone 5 thinking it was the latest model. I haven't got the heart to tell her that it's old.

If anyone else has no intention of getting rid of theirs it'd make me and Nan feel a lot better come 29 days time.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course they will be.

Not everyone is going to throw away a year old (maximum) phone.. Just because a slightly newer one has come onto the market.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I suppose in mobile phone terms it's old, but it's only a year old.
    I've got no intention of getting the latest model as there's nothing actually wrong with the iPhone 5 that would warrant an upgrade so soon.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I do expect a glut of them on that (in)famous internet auction site which will probably have an adverse effect on asking prices.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    It's the same spec as the 5c. A 500 pound phone.

Most people keep their phone for 2 years.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Sirocco758 wrote: »
    she has bought me the iPhone 5 thinking it was the latest model. I haven't got the heart to tell her that it's old.

If anyone else has no intention of getting rid of theirs it'd make me and Nan feel a lot better come 29 days time.

This is what's wrong with the world....

Are you 12?
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I suppose in mobile phone terms it's old, but it's only a year old.
    I've got no intention of getting the latest model as there's nothing actually wrong with the iPhone 5 that would warrant an upgrade so soon.

Well unless you on Vodafone and O2 and want LTE.
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, just wondered if anyone still has there iPhone 5 or older models and is keeping it now the 5S has been released.

Just its my birthday on 19 October and my old Nan has just told me she has bought me the iPhone 5 thinking it was the latest model. I haven't got the heart to tell her that it's old.

Thanks

Just be grateful your Nan is so generous.

The iPhone 5 is an excellent phone and the upgrade to the 5S is relatively marginal.
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    I still have my 5. I will be upgrading onto the 5S but not for a few days/weeks
  • daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    This is what's wrong with the world....

Are you 12?

Dunno, I think he/she's trolling - asked the same thing a week or so ago about the Xperia Z/Z1
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daveyfs wrote: »
    Dunno, I think he/she's trolling - asked the same thing a week or so ago about the Xperia Z/Z1

Was going to reply until I read that lol

So he/she posted that their nan bought them a Z/Z1 aswell?

Cool nan buying brand new phones every few weeks lol

Typed on my iphone 5:D
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My partner still has his iPhone 3Gs, and even tech-minded* old me only has a 4s.

* yes, despite the wails of protest from Android advocates real techies can also own and enjoy using iPhones. Amazing eh?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've still got my iPhone 5 and I've got no intention if replacing it for quite a while. Why should I? There's no need. The new one just has a fingerprint scanner and the other one is made of plastic. I'm going to download iOS 7 soon so then I will pretty much have the new iPhone.

I got my iPhone 4 when it was first released in 2010 and I kept it for 3 years.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still have my 4s and have no intention of upgrading any time soon :0 what a silly question lol
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, keeping my 5 for now. Happy with how iOS 7 runs on it. As far as I can see, the major differences between the 5 and 5s are improved camera, and the Touch ID finger scanner. As I generally carry a proper camera for photography, the phone camera isn't a sufficiently good reason for me to update. I'll keep my cash thanks.

I'd be more tempted to update my Nexus when the 5 appears, if there's a higher capacity version.
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the risk of feeding the troll...

I am perfectly happy with my 4S, now running iOS7 with no issues. What I'm not so happy with is the O2 contract, but that expires in a few weeks and I'll likely move to Three.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stu0rt wrote: »
    I am perfectly happy with my 4S, now running iOS7 with no issues. What I'm not so happy with is the O2 contract, but that expires in a few weeks and I'll likely move to Three.
    My 4s contract with O2 expired a few months back and I went onto one of their SIM-only month-by-month contracts instead. Worth a look if you're going to keep the phone. Much better value than O2 were giving 2 years ago.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    My partner still has his iPhone 3Gs, and even tech-minded* old me only has a 4s.

* yes, despite the wails of protest from Android advocates real techies can also own and enjoy using iPhones. Amazing eh?

Yes, there seems to be an opinion amongst the anti-Apple brigade that owners of any Apple products must go out and buy every single product.

I originally had a 3G but didn't upgrade till the 4 came out and then went on to the 5 which I currently have.
    I saw no reason to get the 3GS and 4S between these models.

I think I'll wait until Apple get to the 6S before upgrading again.
  • Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To the above posters that said I am trolling at NO point did I say I have or was going to buy the Sony Xperia™ Z1 I was just interested on what others will do with there Xperia™ Z handset as I currently own it. It was seeing iOS 7 on my aunts phone and NAN's purchase of the iPhone 5 for me which resulted in this thread!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell your Nan to add me on Facey . Sounds like my kind of chick :D
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My nan is going to buy me Blackberry. The company, not the phone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nan is going to buy me Blackberry. The company, not the phone.
    Tell her she's a cheapskate. The phone will probably be worth more.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    To the above posters that said I am trolling at NO point did I say I have or was going to buy the Sony Xperia™ Z1 I was just interested on what others will do with there Xperia™ Z handset as I currently own it. It was seeing iOS 7 on my aunts phone and NAN's purchase of the iPhone 5 for me which resulted in this thread!!

You still haven't answered my question?

Are you 12? You sound seriously spoilt for a kid.
  • Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha wtf has age got to do with it.

FYI I'm 23 but very image and self conscious. The last thing I ever want to do is look cheap at the boxing events I go to. If that makes me spoilt then what effect does that have on you?
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member

Hahahahahaha
    Yes, most of us have to pay for the bloody things. We don't get given them. iPhone 5 with iOS 7 is great. Enjoy it and stop moaning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha wtf has age got to do with it.

FYI I'm 23 but very image and self conscious. The last thing I ever want to do is look cheap at the boxing events I go to. If that makes me spoilt then what effect does that have on you?

It doesn't make you spoiled, just incredibly vain, and a little bit desperate actually.

Anyway, I have my iPhone 5, and there is no way in hell I'd bother updating for an iPhone 5S.

Plus, if you're bothered about people looking at them, the 5 and 5S look identical apart from a slight difference in the grey.