Had the most horrific day. Failed my driving theory test.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is pretty hard to fail, I just took a practice test and got 47. Mistakes on some questions about speed limit of towing vehicles.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear
  • Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott_P wrote: »
    my other has failed the theory twice, she's passed the questions dead easy each time but failed the hazard perception, i'm convinced she is doing something fundamentally wrong with it or misunderstanding the instructions, as everyone i've spoken to says its fairly easy

or.... it could be that she doesn't have a hazard perception level that is satisfactory. there are people out there that are not aware of what is deemed as hazardous/dangerous to the majority of people.
  • ScubyScuby Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madlh100 wrote: »
    Ohhh, and I failed on the question:

What lane should you drive in a motorway, I said the middle.

Blimey, middle lane hogger on the way :eek:

you drive on the inside lane, the other two are for overtaking, that is the theory lol the outside lane is NOT the fats lane, it is an overtaking lane.

Hate people in the middle lane that dont move over when inside is empty.

good luck on your next one, thought there were practice theory tests you could try, maybe someone will know.
  • madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    I hate today.

Just gone to the shops with my dad in my car. I approach a roundabout and my gears decide to not work. Got a queue of traffic behind me and couldn't move. Managed to get it in gear eventually, but the gears have gone.

Going to get it looked at Tuesday which is the nearest time the bloke can sort it. :(

And I have a theory book with a CD that has loads of mock tests on. One of those things. It has really put a downer on me.
  • Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate today.

Just gone to the shops with my dad in my car. I approach a roundabout and my gears decide to not work. Got a queue of traffic behind me and couldn't move. Managed to get it in gear eventually, but the gears have gone.

Going to get it looked at Tuesday which is the nearest time the bloke can sort it. :(

And I have a theory book with a CD that has loads of mock tests on. One of those things. It has really put a downer on me.

Clutch plate
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought that on motorways you travel in the left lane if you're slow, middle for faster and right for extra fast. My mum says middle and right are for overtaking only.

One of the things my instructor said that has always stuck with me is "you should only be on the right if you have a reason to be". For the motorway take that as "the right or the middle". Drive in the left lane unless you're overtaking or are about to turn right.
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..and never turn right on the motorway :p
    Forum Member
    Clutch plate

Is it easy to sort out?

It won't even go into gear at all, you really have to struggle for ages.

So lucky we got it home. Was traveling at 20mph on a 60 road.

I feel like I could burst into tears after today. :(
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    can tell you are young op, if thats a horrific day one day you will be praying for a day that these tiny things were your only problems:D
  • Mrs. HippyMrs. Hippy Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    The longer you stay off the roads the better, quite frankly.

Here's to your failure, and may I wish you many more. :p
  • charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The hazard perception test is all about how soon you see the hazard.
    If you see it early you get the full 5 points.It is then marked down on a sliding scale.
    I sat it last Friday and passed.I was disappointed with the standard of the tv moniter.I would have thought in era of hd tv and flat screens they would have updated.
    If the centre I sat it is anything to go by they must be making lots of money.it was heaving.
    Forum Member
    I wish some people would not put me down.

OK, so you think it's easy and maybe it was for you.

I didn't pass. Do some people just like to make others feel even worse? :(
  • the sandmanthe sandman Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish some people would not put me down.

OK, so you think it's easy and maybe it was for you.

I didn't pass. Do some people just like to make others feel even worse? :(

Don't take it too personally OP, some people pass on their 1st attempt & some don't, like me:)
  • charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you have the DSA book on the hazard perception test?
    I found this a great help.
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read the OP.

Right, so which bit was "horrific"?
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You might want to buy one of these. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought that on motorways you travel in the left lane if you're slow, middle for faster and right for extra fast.

Have you considered the possibility, that you're not cut out to be a driver?
    My mum says middle and right are for overtaking only.

You should have learned by now, that your mum is always right. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topp wrote: »
    I also find it difficult to understand how anyone could fail the theory test. Especially if they knew it was on it's way.

Agreed.

It's hardly rocket science.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I honestly don't consider failing a driving theory test bad luck!

Me neither.

I prefer to see it as proof, of the commendable diligence of the examiners.

Same with the practical test which, let's be honest, isn't particularly difficult.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Shaiya wrote: »
    Just read the OP.

Right, so which bit was "horrific"?

what i cant understand is why op didnt have half a coke in the pub or something to break his tenner rather than walk somewhere else to get a milkshake perhaps that way he wouldnt have missed the bus
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    what i cant understand is why op didnt have half a coke in the pub or something to break his tenner rather than walk somewhere else to get a milkshake perhaps that way he wouldnt have missed the bus

Because that would have been too simple and he needed to prolong his story to make the day sound more "horrific"
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah ..... the answer most men would put
  • briancbbbriancbb Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    ..and never turn right on the motorway

You have never driven in Glasgow then ... they have exits that are off to the right from the M8.
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »
    The trick with the hazard perception is to click when you see the hazard first developing. rather than in the middle or at the end or as the car passes it.

I'm a little confused over the hazard perception test.

I just watched this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC3C-d8LlGY

There are many things in the first part of the clip that I would consider hazards that weren't identified as such in the video (i.e. the cars in the right hand lane to me present much more of a hazard than the parked van - and yet were not identified as a hazard.).

In the second half of the clip - the hazards seem to be identified inconsistently. In some cases an upcoming junction to the left or an oncoming car is identified as a hazard - and yet later in the clip, similar hazards are not identified as such.