Sunshine Radio Shropshire FM

2»

Comments

• houseofcackhouseofcack Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    It's on (low power). RDS is sunshine (lower case, the Hereford and Monmouthshire station is upper case)
  • VictorianVictorian Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Great news and thanks for the info.

Is it regular programming or a test?

Any idea about the coverage area?
  • Matt00011Matt00011 Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Around 30db here on my Sony tuner and just about getting RDS levels. Should be a good signal on full power.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently running on 5 watts of power at the moment.
    Forum Member
    sounded like the "nightwave" - no presenters, adverts or news. Audio not as good as 106.2.

Nice signal in Ludlow and Cleobury Mortimer - fighting City Talk (and winning!) on Clee Hill.
    Forum Member
    Official launch 11am Thursday I think Nick said this morning. Will make absolutely no difference here but excitement still mounting!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now testing on full power. The RDS has been updated to Sun105.9.

Good solid signal here now around the 45db mark
  • adman50adman50 Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Its not receivable in south shrewsbury. Any reports of reception in Church stretton??
    Forum Member
    Not making it to Shrewsbury - starts to come in on the A458 a few miles in the Bridgnorth direction - patchy/weak through to Bridgnorth, then picks up towards Stourbridge and Hagley.
  • PhilipSPhilipS Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unsurprisingly now a solid signal on the western side of Malvern. I was a bit surprised that the low power tests were almost inaudible, seeing I've got a direct line of sight to the transmitter site, but the power increase seems to have fixed that.

RDS is showing Sun105.9. Wonder what they'll do to the Hereford service, which simply shows "SUNSHINE"? It'd be sensible to distinguish somehow.
  • Andrew RogersAndrew Rogers Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A reasonable signal on the M5 between Junctions 5 & 6, although Gem 106 gives it some trouble. Sadly not listenable here at home in Worcester, but I didn't expect it to be. I wish them well. Will 855 be retained indefinitely?
    Forum Member
    Nick Jones mentioned that 855 would be staying, the other day. Good news I say- listened from Oxford nearly to Northampton this morning.
  • samstone1samstone1 Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I heard Adie and Liam say that there AM freuqncy is staying put which is good. Bit dodgy in some parts around the hills. Not good in Worc but ok in Malvern.

Goes live today at 10.59am
    Forum Member
    Audio is bad - especially compared to the excelent sounding 106.2
  • samstone1samstone1 Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Anybody think that the Audio is quite bad and weak in 105.9FM? Seems to distort all the time.....?!!