Mass Effect 3 - (The Discussion Thread with SPOILERS)

late8late8 Posts: 7,175
Forum Member
For all those who have finished ME3 and want to discuss without the need to cover up for the others ! :D

First thing first ! - did people go for the Blue pill, Red pill or Green pill.

I went for synthesis (green ending) thinking I would be clever but was still pretty pissed off at the end.

Even more so to find the other options were no different. (apart from 1 that hints Sheppard survived ) ! :cry:

Comments

• andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went for the blue pill, although next time I play it I'm probably going to pick a different option
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    I went for the blue pill, although next time I play it I'm probably going to pick a different option

Did the game flip to Renegade being the "good option" at the end ? :confused:

Apparently choosing to destroy also leads to Sheppard "surviving"

You got the first Renegade "flip over" when you had the chance to kill the Illusive man (I did and he eventually realised the wrongs)

Can also see why so many are pissed off....

What happens to the fleet ? Loads of forces and races stranded at a broken Earth.

All the relays etc are destroyed? - not only blocking galactic travel but also going against the fact the relays when destroyed cause a massive supernova type explosion as shown in Arrival !

Who was the Kid? Was it Harvenger? Was Sheppard's decisions flipped (Red options the best outcome)

Was Sheppard indoctrinated? A Reaper beam kills outright usually till Shep survived.

Whats with the crash of Normandy and the planet?
    Who is the grandfather and kid at the very very end ? ? ?

Really felt sad and depressed with my ending. Knew it was going bad when given the chance to say goodbye to Ashley (romance) all the crew before the final push!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the ending with green colourisation. I refuse to acknowledge anything after the repear beam as canon.

Videos like this are helping me cope with the disappointment.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    I went wit the red ending, but they all suck tbh, and made no sense, the 2 people i took to battle with me, got off the Normandy with Joker.

But i think my Shep survived, although i cant remember if i had a cutscene of him taking a breath.
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    I went wit the red ending, but they all suck tbh, and made no sense, the 2 people i took to battle with me, got off the Normandy with Joker.

But i think my Shep survived, although i cant remember if i had a cutscene of him taking a breath.

Some people have said this but that didn't happen to me (green pill)

Ashley (romance) got off the Normandy with Joker and EDI.

Joker had green eyes and sorta half machine looking so was EDI her visor also green. Couldn't see Ashley properly.

Because I saved biological and Synthetic life to a new order.:rolleyes:

I do know your romance option is supposed to get off the Normandy... but that kinda pisses you off to because you know they are marooned for ever ! !
    Forum Member
    jy1541 wrote: »
    I watched the ending with green colourisation. I refuse to acknowledge anything after the repear beam as canon.

Videos like this are helping me cope with the disappointment.

Some are saying it could all be a illusion after the Reaper beam.

I mean FFS its Harvenger for one .. and those beams kill outright on first contact... Sheppard just got up.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    At the end of my second play-through done everything just can't bring myself to finish it again though :(

late8 wrote: »

I mean FFS its Harvenger for one .. and those beams kill outright on first contact... Sheppard just got up.

If the indoctrination theory is false things to do not add

1. Sheppard should not of been breathing in space.
    2. Anderson getting there before you. Just stood at at console.
    3. As you pointed Shepard should of died before geting on the ship.
    4. The crucible massive plotholes I don't even think this theory would fix them all but sure could help.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the evidence that convinces me the ending is not what it appears to be
    http://i40.tinypic.com/k3vmds.jpg
    Forum Member

OMG Hang on!

In the scene where Sheppard survives it is in Concrete and steal rubble .... looking more like London than the Citadel :eek: :eek: :eek:

Does that mean after the Reaper hit he didn't actually wake up ?

However what ever Theroy - the Grandpa and Child at the end are on the Planet the Normandy crashed on looking up to the Stars saying people will travel one day and "tell another story"

Now that scene to me looked like the ones from Sheppard dream too!!

So the Ending .... isnt the ENDING !
    Forum Member
    So, which ever option you choose, Red,Blue or Green, Shepard is alive?
    Forum Member

There is a green option ? I only got too option on play through.
    Forum Member

No - Only shooting Destruction causes a 1second long scene of Sheppard or a N7 tagged body taking a breath amongst rubble.

The rubble and lighting looks more like London - but this might be reading too far.
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    There is a green option ? I only got too option on play through.

The Green option refereed to the Video after you choose.... Its the large beam in the middle of the final scene - you run into the beam and disintegrate.

In the process you unite Biological and Synthetic lifeforms together. And explosions are green + Joker and the crew survivors inc. EDI have green eyes !

You die in the process.
    Forum Member
    No - Only shooting Destruction causes a 1second long scene of Sheppard or a N7 tagged body taking a breath amongst rubble.

The rubble and lighting looks more like London - but this might be reading too far.

Yeh, i went with destroying the reapers.

Dam you bioware! im confused!

who lived, who died? Would be nice to no!

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYgr1rqEec

that might help those, who have finished.
    Forum Member
    Yeh, i went with destroying the reapers.

Dam you bioware! im confused!

who lived, who died? Would be nice to no!

The Red option? Did you shoot it and get a "survival" scene?

With that option you destroy all synthetic lifeforms like the Geth (bad if you find out the geth are good guys) and Reapers.
    Oh - and die.

Your two comrades in the final fight are supposed to be dead but some are reporting they get of the Normandy- they were in London beforehand - as was Sheppard before the Reaper hit that changed things!. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that whole theory is grasping at straws, to be honest. If Bioware did admit that the ending is all a hallucination they'd be admitting they sold a game without an ending, which is a lot worse than selling a game with an ending they didn't realise was terrible (although I'm not quite sure how they could have missed that).

That's not evidence of anything really, other than that BW saved time and money by reusing textures, something ME, the first game especially, is infamous for. Also see the cheapness of using a stock photo for Tali.
    Forum Member
    The Red option? Did you shoot it and get a "survival" scene?

With that option you destroy all synthetic lifeforms like the Geth (bad if you find out the geth are good guys) and Reapers.
    Oh - and die.

Your two comrades in the final fight are supposed to be dead but some are reporting they get of the Normandy- they were in London beforehand!.

Red one yeh, although i cant remember if i had the survival scene or not???? and 1 of my comrades which was Ashley was on the Normandy with Joker, ( She was my romance option)
    Forum Member
    Red one yeh, although i cant remember if i had the survival scene or not???? and 1 of my comrades which was Ashley was on the Normandy with Joker, ( She was my romance option)

That probably explains why she was there safe (romance) which could add to the indoctrination / dream theory.

Some get Liara if romanced etc.

They would have to have get to the Normandy dam quick however.
    Forum Member
    I think that whole theory is grasping at straws, to be honest. If Bioware did admit that the ending is all a hallucination they'd be admitting they sold a game without an ending, which is a lot worse than selling a game with an ending they didn't realise was terrible (although I'm not quite sure how they could have missed that).

That's not evidence of anything really, other than that BW saved time and money by reusing textures, something ME, the first game especially, is infamous for. Also see the cheapness of using a stock photo for Tali.

Then how to we explain Shepard breathing in space and all others I listed above ? I just find it incredibly hard to believe the developers of such an amazing franchise, have done an ending with dozens of plot holes.
    Forum Member
    hope so, either way you look at it, its seems rushed and not thought out this ending or fake ending.

Hopefully DLC will clear it up.

But didnt HALO 3 or Reach have a similar ending? and now there is HALO 4 coming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Then how to we explain Shepard breathing in space and all others I listed above ? I just find it incredibly hard to believe the developers of such an amazing franchise, have done an ending with dozens of plot holes.

Bolded text answers your question. Also the fact that the writing team has changed a lot since the first game. I find it disappointing and hard to believe as well, but not to the point I'm going to invent something that isn't there and say that was their original intent.

I mean, I could go back to the first game, point out how every single base in the galaxy looks exactly the same and say it proves Shepard's been indoctrinated since Eden Prime because, logically, every base in the galaxy would not be the same.

Or how, because the picture used for Tali is a photoshop of a human that Quarians are actually humans and they're keeping it secret by handing out photoshopped images of themselves.

How far can you take theories, based on very little/no evidence, before you acknowledge the fact that the ME universe is the work of writers and that some of their decisions won't stand up to scrutiny, and others will just be terrible?
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bolded text answers your question. Also the fact that the writing team has changed a lot since the first game. I find it disappointing and hard to believe as well, but not to the point I'm going to invent something that isn't there and say that was their original intent.

I mean, I could go back to the first game, point out how every single base in the galaxy looks exactly the same and say it proves Shepard's been indoctrinated since Eden Prime because, logically, every base in the galaxy would not be the same.

Or how, because the picture used for Tali is a photoshop of a human that Quarians are actually humans and they're keeping it secret by handing out photoshopped images of themselves.

How far can you take theories, based on very little/no evidence, before you acknowledge the fact that the ME universe is the work of writers and that some of their decisions won't stand up to scrutiny, and others will just be terrible?
    Think of it like this, the writing of the game was fantastic until the white elevator...why would that suddenly change?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think of it like this, the writing of the game was fantastic until the white elevator...why would that suddenly change?

As I already said... this is why.
    Forum Member

Because it was still well done. It was the ultimate choice- the no win scenario.

No longer was it a simple choice. The cycle had to be broken and life saved.

Ttrouble is parts still leave a bitter taste. like the Normandye scene, the surviving cut and the grandfather.

It does need clearing up.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked the red ending (destroying the Reapers) and had the survival scene at the end with Shepard under a ton of rubble and takes a deep breath, and then it ends.

I'm hoping for them to fix the endings via DLC (free) hopefully. I just want closure for my Shepard and the ones I have grown to care about in this series.