New Gay Singer

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
Forum Member
I think the UK need a new great gay singer one that is bold and isnt afraid of wearing a weave and sing songs like "alexandra burkes - bad boys" or "start without you" like her, like a gay beyonce, and i dont mean "omg im soo, ahhh" but a gay guy that doesnt sing about how it hurts being that way or sad songs like adam lambert, clay aiken and those, someone with power, at would tare up the clubs and also be taken seriously and be someone extremely down to earth dont u all agree?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    You mean a stereotype?
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I've never known a gay guy to wear a weave, but besides that bit, that would be cool. So a little like Jaymi from Union J but solo?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    I've never known a gay guy to wear a weave, but besides that bit, that would be cool. So a little like Jaymi from Union J but solo?

yep! well kind of like him, voice wise yes:)
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Will Young does us fine the last thing the gay community need is a stereotype why not just an average joe that happens to be gay a bit like Russel Tovey.
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this what you're looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Hrygq7prI
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    The part about the weave was a bit confusing but otherwise that sounds pretty cool.
    The UK seems to be more into boy bands than solo males though.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's be great except it won't happen, male solosits, especially when they start out young, need to attract the teenage girls, if they can't then they won't attain the instant success, a gay guy wouldn't attract the girls because he would be seen as completely unattainable.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Perhaps Rylan will release a single now that BB is over for the year? :D
  • yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes a new good soulful voice like George Michael's will be great.

PS. I miss Top Of The Pops on the Thursday night. :(
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're all waiting for Harry Styles to announce his solo career.
  • BertCleeverhookBertCleeverhook Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I think the UK need a new great gay singer one that is bold and isnt afraid of wearing a weave and sing songs like "alexandra burkes - bad boys" or "start without you" like her, like a gay beyonce, and i dont mean "omg im soo, ahhh" but a gay guy that doesnt sing about how it hurts being that way or sad songs like adam lambert, clay aiken and those, someone with power, at would tare up the clubs and also be taken seriously and be someone extremely down to earth dont u all agree?

Would they really though? I can't see anybody taking that seriously. A stereotype gay guy who wears a weave (for some reason) and sings about boys. It kind of screams novelty act and not a good one at that.
    Forum Member
    Would they really though? I can't see anybody taking that seriously. A stereotype gay guy who wears a weave (for some reason) and sings about boys. It kind of screams novelty act and not a good one at that.

What do you mean by novelty act? excuse my ignorance ahah, do u mean like some pretending to be gay? btw lol weave cause i know gay guys that have huge weaves like diana ross that doesnt mean he would have to have a weave but i thought interesting to say :)
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Perhaps Rylan will release a single now that BB is over for the year? :D

oh god no, please!!!
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    That's be great except it won't happen, male solosits, especially when they start out young, need to attract the teenage girls, if they can't then they won't attain the instant success, a gay guy wouldn't attract the girls because he would be seen as completely unattainable.

I completely understand what you mean by the female public teenage girls buying all of the records, but i think if he could appeal to the gay community and maybe i dunno bullied kids or something like that no idea...i think the gay community is strong enough to get a singer like that top 5 records let alone top 10, no??? :)
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »

Agreed. Chart music is principally aimed at hormonal teenage girls (like my niece!!) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    But if Blaine from Glee was a real person, I am 100% sure he'd have a huge female fanbase. Even as a TV show character he does now.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I completely understand what you mean by the female public teenage girls buying all of the records, but i think if he could appeal to the gay community and maybe i dunno bullied kids or something like that no idea...i think the gay community is strong enough to get a singer like that top 5 records let alone top 10, no??? :)

I get where your coming from i do our thinking of someone like Sylvester http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG2ixYJ79iE

But personall i think Will Young is a far better gay role model that some novelty gay wearing a weave :)
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Salvatore is your friend. ;)
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    There's already a singer that exists like your description, he's called Daley whose built up a following doing open mic nights around the country and only starting to get mainstream attention.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fashion wrote: »
    There's already a singer that exists like your description, he's called Daley whose built up a following doing open mic nights around the country and only starting to get mainstream attention.

But crucially, does he wear a weave?
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't beat Larry!
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Fashion wrote: »

Wait. Daley's gay? Awesome! :D
    I love his music. It's beautiful.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So kind of like the British version of this guy??--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1lzIGN6sco but maybe more Alexandra Burke than Xtina?
  • TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why??
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As a gay man, that would be what turns me off.
    It's bordering on stereotypes and more about "the image/act" than the actual voice. Why a weave? Unless you are opting for some sort of drag act?