Defiance (360/PS3/PC)

Comments

• SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got it today, installed and patched up. Created my character and raring to go. My gamertag is Schmiznurf on the 360 if you want to add me and add me to the clan.
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished the main story missions but there's loads of side missions to keep me busy, plus there should be some new episode specific missions too.

Still enjoying it even though the frame rate can drop quite significantly at times. I watched the tv show last night and thought it was quite good actually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Finally got it today, installed and patched up. Created my character and raring to go. My gamertag is Schmiznurf on the 360 if you want to add me and add me to the clan.

If not quite sure how the co-op works in this game but if you need some help then feel free to add me!
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to play about 40mins last night (had it for over a week) after what seemed like an eternity of installs and patch after patch after patch after patch. Only got to the crash site but seems alright so far.

If you want to add me to the 360 clan...

GT: D4NG3R CL05E
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had this a few days, still not sure about it.

Feels a bit like Red Faction Guerrilla, but in an online environment. Graphics seem a little dated, but hopefully once I get into it the gameplay will get me hooked.

On a side note, watched the first episode the other night, seems like it could go either way, but a bit too much "yeehah Americans are best" for my liking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stick with the game...it's gets better :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let us know which format your getting the game on (as the thread is open to all formats) thanks :)

I'm getting it for 360 so looking to add more gamer's who have or are getting this game, to my friends list.

ix Hellstorm x

feel free to send me a FR :)

Aha, I wondered who it was that added me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Aha, I wondered who it was that added me.

Soz. I shoulda messaged u after i'd sent the FR to let u know i'm from DS.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Not been on this for a few days but I will get back to it soon and I'll also add those to the clan who requested it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soz. I shoulda messaged u after i'd sent the FR to let u know i'm from DS.

No worries, I figured it was someone from here, just didn't know who.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to a minor arkfall yesterday and I was the only one doing it, the crystal had about a third left when someone else came along to help out. They revived me twice, died and when I went to revive them I died too. I went back and they were gone so had to finish by myself. Did a few big ones too, the massive hellbug is crazy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting a few new Episode missions after last weeks tv show but nothing has shown up yet. Is this the same for everyone else?
  • orzieorzie Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    ive no side missions left :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone faced Jackleg Joe yet? How was he for you?

I read on the defiance forum that people kept having trouble with him and one even said they were going to stop playing because of it. Others said they died a few times, but managed to beat him.
    I faced him and beat him easily without dying once and with barely any shield loss. Considering they show how to beat him in a cut-scene I'm quite baffled as to how people had trouble with him at all.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    orzie wrote: »
    ive no side missions left :(

Wow you must have a high EGO rating now.
  • orzieorzie Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    It's 637 or sumthing like that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    orzie wrote: »
    It's 637 or sumthing like that

So have you finished all the story? More unlock as you progress ...

I'm on 600 and not even touched act 2 yet :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So have you finished all the story? More unlock as you progress ...

I'm on 600 and not even touched act 2 yet :D

Ive completed all the main missions and side missions and im only about 700 ego.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at 325ish and only done about 5 or 6 (I think) main missions. I just did the (first?) one for the Lawkeeper.

Not really keeping track of what I'm doing. Except for bouncing from Arkfall to Arkfall and trying to tell people not to kill every single Skitterling before they nibble on the crystal. Especially when there's only a few of us.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I have to admit, I'm truly addicted to defiance, such a breath of fresh air, and I've finally found a game to get me off the COD series lol. They are gradually ironing out the glitches and I have high hopes this game will grow and grow. Just went past 1800 EGO last night, I love doing the arkfalls, levelling up weapons and going to the lock box to try my luck for anything orange
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JammyJo wrote: »
    I have to admit, I'm truly addicted to defiance, such a breath of fresh air, and I've finally found a game to get me off the COD series lol. They are gradually ironing out the glitches and I have high hopes this game will grow and grow. Just went past 1800 EGO last night, I love doing the arkfalls, levelling up weapons and going to the lock box to try my luck for anything orange

This has been a slow burner for me so far, but it's picking up now I am a few missions in.

I haven't purchased anything from lockboxes yet - Do they enhance the game?
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    This has been a slow burner for me so far, but it's picking up now I am a few missions in.

They just give you gear but as you level up you will get better gear just from missions and drops, even purple items will be inferior to green items if you progress far enough.

You can only carry a limited number of keycodes so you should spend them when you cap
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cap for keycodes is 75. Should be 100 at least.

As for the weapons. You finally fully mod out a good weapon. (I love my Gladiator AR) Now it looks like it's obsolete.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    heyrehair wrote: »

The lockboxes will give you random weapons, grenades and shields. You will always get at least green items from them too.

You are more likely to get a rare gun from a tier 4 lockbox than a tier 3 or 2 but they cost far more. I tend to get all tier 2 lockboxes because you get a lot more for your money, theres less chance of a rare item but you open a lot more of them which increase your chance of getting something good.

I've had quite a few purples, loads of blues and 3 orange lengendary weapons so far.

2 of the oranges were from tier 2, the other was from tier 3
  • SeawolfSeawolf Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    If you want to leave your name in this thread and I will send out an invite to you...:D

Toon name Kel Doran