iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
Forum Member
✭✭
Both have been removed from the Artist Roster. :eek:

http://www.epicrecords.com/artists

Comments

• shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Is Melanie the 1st winner ever to have not released a debut album?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Well, I thought Melanie would get at least a throwdown album.
    But I saw this coming, especially for Astro.. LA.Reid should organize that mess aka label.
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a mess indeed ! I'm literally speechless. 5 freakin million dollars for nothing ? Really ? REALLY ? Oh my god !
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ River wrote: »
    What a mess indeed ! I'm literally speechless. 5 freakin million dollars for nothing ? Really ? REALLY ? Oh my god !

I don't get the 5 million dollars thing: it's supposed to be the money to produce the album and the promo as well, right?
    The winner gets "bread crumbs" at the beginning (significant bread crumbs, I'm sure, but not 5 million).

Did they really spend 5 million dollars on that girl? People seemed very underwelmed with both the product (well, the time it took for the product to be released too) and the promo. Was there really some wide radio tour and so on?
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money for the album and the promo yes. To be fair X Factor US is a big big mess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad Astro has gone. His tantrum when being in the sing off annoyed me and Stacy Francis should have stayed over him.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here today, gone tommorow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is true then X Factor US is up shit creak without a paddle, surely. Even Steve Brookstein got an album out of it.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think L.A Reid misjudged the whole thing, tbh. Now that he's out of it, he can probably make clearer decisions with no real affinity for the show.

The decision to place Emblem 3 and Fifth Harmony on deals with Exec Producers from Syco indicates that Cowell also feels he misjudged it by putting so much in L.A's hands. Whether or not his own team can deliver better results this time remains to be seen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, E3 is with Columbia/Syco. Which I think is a positive.

I'm not convinced Epic will do right by 5H, even if Syco connections are producing them.

I am not suprised for Melanie. IF Syco didn't keep her then she should try a small label. One that might not be huge on money, but will pay attention to her.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Thats awful for Melanie especially. She hasn't even been given the chance to release an album? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member

I'm not convinced Epic will do right by 5H, even if Syco connections are producing them.

I am not suprised for Melanie. IF Syco didn't keep her then she should try a small label. One that might not be huge on money, but will pay attention to her.

Epic is working for Cher Lloyd! Let's hope 5H will have the same luck
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true then it makes the show completely pointless.

Forget all the fuss about the judges - if the show doesn't actually deliver what it set out to do, then why would viewers bother to engage with it and vote? This is the problem with the US show - from day one, there's been too much focus on the judges.

I know the winners of the UK show has been hit and miss over the years but I genuinely think seeing a winner, like Leona, become a success during their first year is a huge boost for the show as it creates some hype for the following series. I think Cowell is relying too much on 1D to validate the XF process in the US - because they may have come from the show, but it wasn't the US one.

Even though the last series took a hit ratings-wise, you can't deny how successful James Arthur's winners song has been. People are clearly still interested in buying the show's product.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    PJ River wrote: »
    To be fair X Factor US is a big big mess.

Season one was a big mess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    How did Astro got through the different stages of the show in the first place?
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member

They're doing absolutely fine with 5H

• Photoshoots for magazines done
    • Made several appearances to build buzz e.g Topshop opening
    • Recording has already begun and they'll be recording for two months straight
    • They're doing well with Cher Lloyd and 5H will be aiming for the same type of music

I think Fifth Harmony will do absolutely fine, I don't think they'll 'flop'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bax1999 wrote: »
    How did Astro got through the different stages of the show in the first place?

1. He was young.
    2. He was cute.
    3. He was rap (therefore "current")
    4. Simon was trying to make the show "current"
    5. He had an attitude.

It never occurred to them X Factor is a singing show and a purely rap artist wouldn't fit in with that or be able to sing covers in theme weeks.
  • HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel bad for Astro. I thought he was far and away the most talented contestant on both seasons of TXF. What an absolutel f-ing mess LA Reid's handling of the contestants has been. No wonder he's been kicked off the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melanie will still get 5M$ cash, 1M$ every year, so maybe she could produce it herself? :D I'm sure she will release something.
  • Buffy AnneBuffy Anne Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    It was clear from her song Long Distance - which was dreadful - and her styling which just didn't suit her that they just never had a clue what to do with her. It's a shame and their handling of just letting artists sit on the shelf before quietly dropping them is horrible.

This is what happens when the public pick a winner Simon isn't really interested in. :(
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The impression I get from Melanie's singles is that pop/r&B songwriters and producers simply do not want to waste decent songs on reality show contestants. They seem to get saddled with leftovers from other people's projects that no one else wants.

Another example is Jermaine Paul (from the Voice) and his single 'Believe in this life' - now THAT was awful, even worse than Melanie's :eek:
  • konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LA Reid is so wrong, first Amaro then Astro and now Ciara. They all fail under his belt.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that sucks!!
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    But that doesn't matter for Melanie right? Because Mel is a part of Syco. So she can still release her album - or am I missing something...
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that doesn't matter for Melanie right? Because Mel is a part of Syco. So she can still release her album - or am I missing something...

The american X factor winner was signed with LA Reid's label, not Simon's I believe (or am I wong?).