Three women, missing for a decade, escape from kidnapper

MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/06/two-women-missing-for-a-decade-found-alive-in-residential-cleveland-home/

Cleveland, Ohio. One went missing as a sixteen year old, the other as a 20 year old. One had a three year old child found with her. A 52 year old man has been arrested

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it's 3 women but one hasn't been named.

A bit like the Jaycee Dugard case.
  • MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, possibly the third is a lady called Michelle Knight. Makes you wonder how much of this sort sort of thing goes on undiscovered. Horrible. :(

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57583148/three-allegedly-kidnapped-women-found-alive-in-cleveland/
  • carey579carey579 Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Can you imagine being in those women's situations :(

Like Christopher Hitchens said, how can some people still believe in a 'god' after knowing such horrors.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    This is fascinating and I'm sure more of these sort of cases will come to light.
  • MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason it won't let me change the thread title, why is that? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carey579 wrote: »

Like Christopher Hitchens said, how can some people still believe in a 'god' after knowing such horrors.

What has god and abduction got to do with it:confused:
  • carey579carey579 Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    What has god and abduction got to do with it:confused:

Isn't everything got to do with 'god' if real? That s/he plans everything, what's the point of that abduction?
  • Sarah_PopeSarah_Pope Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Everyone has free will. Stop blaming God

He knows what's going to happen before it happens but humans can do what they, good or bad
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah_Pope wrote: »

He knows what's going to happen before it happens but humans can do what they, good or bad

I hope he gives me the heads up if someone's gonna make off with me. My free will would be not to be tossed in a pit. Ta :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky news reporting 3 women and 4 children rescued and man arrested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Omniscience and free will are incompatible.

Mentally ill people often don't have free will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recall a case from China in which a man murdered women in his dungeon whilst people watched via webcam.

All kinds of nasty things going on in the world. Whether it be in rich nations or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This all powerfull being knows but doesn't stop it:confused:

Some people even believe this, even more:confused:
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, possibly the third is a lady called Michelle Knight. Makes you wonder how much of this sort sort of thing goes on undiscovered. Horrible. :(

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57583148/three-allegedly-kidnapped-women-found-alive-in-cleveland/

Yes the third is Michelle Knight.

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michele Knight.

This is fantastic news.:)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    WOW! reminds me of the novel i just finished reading yesterday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_(novel)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CNN reporting 3 BROTHERS arrested aged 50, 52 & 54.

The City of Cleveland Department of Public Safety will hold a press conference at 9 a.m. to provide an update on the Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight Investigations.
  • finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Top marks for turning the thread into the usual religiobash. :yawn:
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Great news. Here's hoping the girls can now lead a normal life.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,639
    Forum Member
    A girl named Ashley Summers went missing in 2007 a few blocks from where Amanda Berry was last seen in 2004. I hope they find her soon.
  • HeartacheHeartache Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed how the authorities in America allow people to get so close to the scene, witnesses to be interviewed by the press, and the 911 tapes to be released so early.
    Considering the seriousness of the situation and the fact 3 men have been arrested, you would think preserving the evidence would be very important.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jeez, this thread is nothing to do with the existence of a God or otherwise. Why try to turn it into the usual DS anti-religion circle wank? There is always at least one thread (and usually more) on the front page of General Discussion at any given time for that sort of thing.
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The City of Cleveland Department of Public Safety will hold a press conference at 9 a.m. to provide an update on the Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight Investigations.

3 brothers. This is turning into some story here. Be prepared from some pretty lurid accounts being revealed over the coming days.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 Brides for 7 Brothers?
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I owned this establishment right now Id be just a little anxious. http://www.3brothersbakery.com/